Sunday, December 13, 2020

Bit nervous week to look forward too,

 Goodafternoon everybody!


Weather is not all too bad, start of the week was a bit nippy but now we will reach something like 8C daytime, which is quite good for the time of the year. I only could do with a little bit more sunshine during the day. It all is so grey with that cloudy weather. But still we should not complain. Other parts of the world have no good weather at all.

The week started with a bit of surprise. When waking up we put on the thermostat of the central heating on a bit higher temperature. Either Jan or me, just who wakes up first. Now Monday i woke up, and just looked at the temperature indicator and saw the little light on it with a code. Hmmmmmmmm? Something not right. Well, I seem to get nervouse very quickly these days, but I looked it up in the instruction book. Hmmm, didn't make it very much clearer. So I said to Jan, perhaps we should call our plummer, who also installed the kettle of the central heating and gives cleaning service every year. But Jan first looked at the kettle, and pushed the reset buttons, and after a little while all seemed to be in normal function. Nevertheless I wanted to be sure and called the plumber, explained the thing, he said it could have been a little power break, nothing to worry about. Just had to see how it worked and if the code came cback again I should call him right away. Glad to say it wasnlt necessary. So it was probably much ado about nothing LOL!

We received this week a box for Christmas and it was a really quick travel it made. It only took a bit more than a week to arrive! And all the way from the USA. Gosh, my box the other way took about 4 weeks! Can we understand it???? No, but I am happy visa verca they arrived in good shape and now the presents are under our tree, waiting for Christmas day to be opened. It is such a happy sight, every time again as I sit on the couch and look at the tree and all the beautiful wrapped presents. 

Jan had Monday the appointment with the lungdoctor, Seems he has kind of COPD(or probably chronich bronchitis), so she gave hi a prescription for two inhalers, on ethat he has to take once a day, and will work for 24 hours and one that he could use when he still has problems breezing when straining himself. He still has some trouble with the right use of the inhaler, but seems already to work and help him. Tomorrow he will take it with him to the doctor to ask how he should really use the 24-hour inhaler. I think he is doing something wrong with it, we looked it up on internet, but it isn't always working well(or he is doing something wrong). Hmmmm, I tried to be of help, but that didn;t solve the problem. So best is the doctor will show him and then he has to try it out I think for a bit of time, and see if it makes him feel better. Perhaps it works better when a "stranger"shows him , he might be less sutbborn(or can you call it also pigheaded?????).He will get instructions tomorrow and it will go better then.

After the stuff with the heating, we first took a relax moment, had some coffee and then finished the decorating of the room. It is all so nice and I like to see each afternoon and in the evening all the Christmaslights.  I also wrote the Christmascards, so I will bring them to the postoffice tomorrow and with a little luck all will arrive in good time. 

Now Friday will be a bit of a nervous day, because of the cataract stuff. I know I shouldn;t worry too much and i don;t, it it just something you don't experience every day, is it? Worst of it all is that I will have to be at the hospital a bit before 8.00 in the morning! I tried to get a later schedule, but that wasn;t possible, so we will have to get up quite early to be able to have the tram and bus in time. And so early I am not at my best, you know ROFL. But I am sure all will go well and I will have to take eyedrops for 4 weeks after the operation and in January I will have a control appointment(and they also will call me the next day after the operation).

And we also just got an email that the company of the windows will be able to place them on the 11th-12th of January. Gosh, suddenly all is going so fast, and with all the hospital things going on, it almost seems we are very busy with everything. We will be happy if the new windows will be installed, then we should see how we will get new curtains etc. But first let's think about thing that come first and that is the operation, then Christmas and the turn of the year. I will see if I can do already some grocerie shopping earlier, meaning this week Tuesday or Wednesday, because I don;t know how things will be next week. I think I will be able to go out already, but it is more that we might have more severe measures concerning the Covid. And it is also better to do the shopping this week, next week could be much more traffic in the supermarkets, despite Covid measures etc.

So there seems to be done a lot in just a short time. I wish you all a wonderful week to come and try to stay safe!

1 comment:

Edna B said...

Wow, it's going to be busy busy in your house for a while. I'm glad to hear that the problem with the heat was easily taken care of. This is not a great time of year to be with no heat. As for the operation -- it's good to get it over with. You'll see much better afterwards.

Can you have groceries delivered? At least for a little while till your eyes are better and the windows are done? There's a market that does deliver in the Netherlands, but I don't know what their rules are and if they deliver to your neighborhood. It might make things easier for you. Just a thought.

Once I finish getting all these packages out of here, I'll be able to set up my little tree and plug in the lights. Gosh, it's almost Christmas! It came so fast this year. Well, it just feels that way. hahaha.

Now I'm off to get started on all that packing stuff. You have a wonderful week my friend, love and hugs, Edna B.