Sunday, December 06, 2020

Start of Christmas decorating

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Grey weather, just aroud 4 C, tomorrow it wil rain and later it stays dry, and will be quiet weather with all the time temps around those 4-5C.

A quiet week, with Jan's lungtest, which went well and wasn;t too straining. we will hear result tomorrow as we have an appointment with the doctor in hospital in the morning.

Fist I want to thank the people who left me a uplifting and reassuring comment concerning my cataract operation. You are wonderful and it surely helps to feel a bit more confident and relaxed.

This weekend was really an outbreak of energy for me LOL. As we planned to start decorating for Christmas today, I thought it would be a good idea to prepare our dinner yesterday, so I will only have to warm it up in the oven. I did that, also did a bt of grocerie shopping, took out all the boxes with Christmasdecorating stuff(with Jan;s help), also made yesterday a new recipe, named Shatsuka, and I found it not bad at all, I think I will make it every now and then, with some variations.

Then after our dinner I took a shower and then was ahppy to be able to sit down and just watch tv!

And today we did already a large part of the decorating, the tree stands in all it's glory, the nativity scene is done, on the couches I have the Christmas throws, some Christmas lights are already installed, and now....... Jan and i are a bit of pooped out so we stopped and will do the rest tomorrow and may be even the next day. But I think all will be done by Wednesday and we will have a complete Christmas dressed sitting room. Nice, with all the Christmas lights, and the bears with their Christmashats etc.

I will leave you now already, because I do feel a bit tired after all the excersize of today LOL, but I wanted to post something, just to let you know we are still okay.

Wishing you all a fantastic week, hope you will all stay safe and talk to you next Sunday!

4 comments:

Edna B said...

My goodness, you have been busy! But it will look so wonderful when you are done. I don't decorate much these days. There's only me and Pogo. We have a little tree and an angel, and a decorate on the outside of the door.

I'm glad to hear that Jan's tests weren't stressful. As for the cooking, I always try to make enough for the two days. Or at least make enough that I can freeze some of it for a later day.

The storm that came through here yesterday wasn't so bad in our area. A lot of rain and a little snow. Now I have a huge puddle in my yard. It will become a huge ice patch.

Get some rest and enjoy watching TV. I'm going to crochet while I watch TV this afternoon. You have a wonderful week my friend, big hugs and love, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

I've been decorating ever since I moved into this 4 plex. The girls had to clean up the Santa statues because they had been in a storage shed so everything was layered with a dusting of white or very light brown. Since we've been here I've had more trouble with my lungs due to a good sized sub-division out my back door. Very large machines for digging or grating the hill and all sorts of noise. They seem to have taken a couple weeks off but that just means they were working at another sight. Can't wait to move out of here.
I'll post the best pics I have on the blog this week.

I'm going to be looking for a new house in about 4 months so I can move out of here end of May when the less is up.

My little Emotional Chihuahua has a big back yard to run up and down but I can't chase her because it's a hill that goes down to the drainage ditch for this sub division where there sits a very big machine.

Going to have a left over Kentucky Chicken Bowl. I treated my daughter and when she was ordering them she ordered 4 Chicken bowls with gravy on the side. Now I'm stuck eating, but that just means I don't have to cook.

You and Jan have a good week and stay safe from those people spreading the COVID-19 around. I wear a face mask, and Denise bought me a plastic mask that covers the whole face. Looks funny but if I don't sneezed at it will bounce off the plastic.
Hugs from Colorado.








hummerdawn said...

It is so nice to decorate for Christmas even though we may be the only ones to see it. I love to sit and have the tree blinking away with the artificial fireplace burning away! it is peaceful and calming. We are having incredible winter weather and I am not complaining!! Covid is keeping us from having any company in our homes for Christmas so it will be quiet. Good cheer to you you and Jan.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for your updates Kyra.
It has been a while since my last visit and it is good to hear both you and Jan are doing OK.
I hope all goes well with your cataract surgery.
Because it may be a while until my next visit, I also wanted to get in early and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Hopefully 2021 will be a better year for everyone.
Please stay safe...