Sunday, November 01, 2020

We had a really happy news this week

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Weather is grey and rainy with lots of wind most of the time, temperatures not bad yet, something around 15-even 17C, but that will not last for much longer. End of this week we will be at temperatures around 11-12C, which is normal for this time of the year.

As long as it isn;t freezing or snowing, we can handle it with not too much trouble hahaha.

It was a very quiet week, with nothing of real importance happening. Oh so boring and oh so wonderful to have that experience again. Of course i did several things, obvious the necessary things in the house(although I must admit I wasn't too energetic in that field), some shopping for groceries, and I once went to city centre for a quick visit, to buy me some yarn I needed to be able to finish some projects.  I am happy to say that I have a box ready for sending out to be in time for Christmas. I think i will do that this week, at the latest next week, so it will have plenty of time to arrive at time.

Yesterday I was quite busy in the kitchen. I tried my hand on a variation of a Cornish Pastry and I must say it was a tasty result. I made the filling a bit different from the traditional filling, I used new potatoes, onions, mushrooms, carrots, green peas and smoked salmon and small shrimps. This variation was inspired by the Cornish Pastry with smoked haddock from an english cook Tom Kerridge.

https://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/23494/super-smoked-haddock-pastie

I have 4 big pastries of an amount of 450 grams of flower, but of course you can stick to the original quantities if you should decided to try it.

So this evening we will have the same meal, I only will serve a light soup before, to have something warm for dinner. 

And this week we had a wonderful news. it came in a mail from my niece in France. her daughter gave birth to a wonderful boy on Thursday evening. His name is Oleg(love the Russian name!) and was 3,5 kgs and length of 50 cm. Both in good health, all went well and the parents are of course ever so happy, as well as my niece and husband, to be grandparents once more!

Now that is real good and happy news in these wicked times.

That's about all for this week, let's hope next week will be quiet too, I am very much in favor of "quiet and not too stressfull"these days LOL!

Wishing you all a very good week, in safety, and say: bye, buy, till next week.

2 comments:

Edna B said...

I agree, the quiet is nice sometimes. I found some last minute crochet projects to do so that is keeping me busy. This morning, Deanne picked up some groceries for me, so she'll be coming by soon with them. I am blessed. Don't forget to show us photos of some of your knitting/crocheting projects. This week, I need to get serious about wrapping and packing boxes too. The sooner it is done, the better I'll feel. I'm enjoying some Mullein tea with a bit of honey. It is delicious! I'm wishing you a nice quiet week my friend. You take care of you and have a wonderful week. Hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

I went through a roundabout way to get you bog site. First I went to Jackie Lawson cards that I love to send out, and that gave me your email so I put the email in my box but that wasn't to your blog so I got my blog in a round about way and on the side of my blog is the address for your blog. I put it in the computer and then I added it to the most used line on my computer so I could come over and read how you and Jan are doing. Congratulations on the new member of the families. Now I have my blog back up so I think I'll check into it and do some thinking. i have to get my new glasses and I keep forgetting to call the Optometrist and make an appointment. He's got a funny name in the phone book: Name is "Look on Main Street" and of course I'm going to look on main street cause that's where his office is.

Right now I'm on pins and needles with this election going on. I'm scared spitless that the group that wins have already tried to tear down some churches and some really nasty is going to be that they are going to cancel the social security checks we old people get ever month and some of the older families don't have any other source of income. I'll lose $1194. a month if they get to do that. They want to open up the borders and anyone can come in that wants to and they will get a check every month called welfare. And they want to raise the taxes to 90% for the rich people, take the factories to China and some other crazy stuff. I'm glad that I'm as old as I am so I won't have to fight real hard. But it will make living a chore and some will probably comit suicide rather than live as a communist.
I've got to find some more addresses so I'll sign off for now.
Best wishes and stay safe in the COVID areas.