Sunday, November 08, 2020

We got quite a shock yesterday evening!

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Weather is quiet, practically no rain, temperatures around 13-16C, here and there some sunshine, so not bad for the time of year.

They are still working on the tram electricity cables, although some nights they are a bit further away, and we don;t have too much trouble of it. However it is very annoying and some nights it is interfering with our need of sleep. Let's hope we will catch up in a few weeks time, that's all we can do.

It was in all a very quiet week, how wonderful, I managed to do some jobs I planned to do, and also had time to take it easy on some days. It is still no fun around here with all the Covid, we even have harder measurements for a few weeks, not a total lockdown, but all bars, cafe's restaurants are closed sompletely, theaters are closed agin, musea, government advises people to work at home as much as possible again, not use the public transport when not really necessary etc. It seems to work because the amount of affected cases is slowly going down again, but still not enough. It doesn;t make life happier, we can all agree, but we will have to hold on somehow to beat it, or till we will have a good vaccin against it.

Yesterday evening it was all so nice, we had a nic evening ahead, with some programs to watch we really like, and just around 22.30 p.m. we were watching a bit of soccer competition when suddenly there was a very, very hard "boom"with lightflash, and we really sat like frozen on our couch. Then went to the window to see what happened and then went on the street when more people came out. Seems there were some young guys, probably in a car, that thought it was funny to throw some very heavy fireworkcracker to the trambooth and crach the glass in it. It was such a strong blast that (for the second time already) two big windows of our neighbour were crashed. We were just lucky our window isn;t really opposite the booth!

Of course a lot of glass on the road, a lot of people coming ut of their house, not knowing what happened, but all angry about this stupid "attack". Police came really quick, but of course no possibility to catch the perpetrators, they were long gone. But really, what ideas have some youngsters of "fun"?????? And it wasn;t the first time the tramboothglass was crashed. Nobody was hurt, thanks for that, but it could have happened if there was somebody waiting for the tram. 

After a while everybody went back to their home, there wasn;t anything we could do. Poor neighbour had his window sealed at the least very quickly, or may be even repaired, I didn;t see that. I will go over to him later today just to ask how he is doing. And take in ind that he too wil have new double glassed windows in January, but with this event in mind he might be thinking to take special glass, like amored glass or so. Only that would be really very expensive and would it help in the end???? I don;t know.

This was all the excitement this week(not the one we were waiting for).

I do want to congratulate all Americans, you have a new president. I wish him all the best and may he be blessed. And if he wasn;t your choice, please be honest and  brave enough to give him a chance.  It comes all to one basic thing : peple will have to come together and work together to make the best of it.  That's all I want to say about it.

Now it is really time I get out of my pyama's and start doing something. First I want to prepare our dinner and then I want to go for few minutes to our neighbour and by then it will almost be time to warm up the dinner I think. well, not completely, I think I will have time to sit down with a cup of tea and watch something nice on tv, before warming up the dinner, LOL

Wishing you all afabulous day and very good week too, and please stay safe!!



3 comments:

hummerdawn said...

I don't know why kids today have to be so darn destructive. It's bad enough we are living thru this nightmare called Covid-19 without their adding to our discomfort! It could have caused a death even. Anyhow I am glad you didn't have damage and you are both all right. My province is really spiraling out of control with the virus and we are at Code Red now.
Oct wasn't nice but so far our Nov has been great. Above normal temps and I will take it. Anything to make the winter shorter! Lol.
Take care.

Edna B said...

Wow, that was some kind of "not so nice" excitement. Luckily your windows did not get broken. It really is a shame that some people have to be really bad to have fun. It is nice of you to go over to check on that neighbor to make sure he is okay.

The weather here has been really lovely. I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I am way behind in my wrapping and packaging. I really must get with it though. Today Deanne is picking up some milk and cereal for me, and DIL Janet is stopping for a quick visit. After that, I need to sit and pay the bills so they can go out in the mail tomorrow morning. Tonight I hope to be crocheting again.

I think I'll have a ham and cheese sandwich for my supper today. Nice and easy and tasty. Maybe I'll have a baked potato too. Hmmm, sounds yummy! You take care my friend, and have a wonderful week. Hugs, Edna B.

Jennifer said...

I live in America. I love your blog. You are very positive I enjoy that. Happy new year.