Sunday, November 15, 2020

Again a rather quiet week, with some mail.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Weather is still in general not bad, we have still temperstures around 11-14C, some rainshowers, some sun, also cloudy days, and that's almost depressing. I don;t mind it being colder(better not but if......)but give me then a bit of sunshine. It still makes you feel better. Well, it is what it is, we have to accept that.

As the post title says, we had again a quiet week, which is good for us at the moment. Off and on they are still working on that tram stuff at night, so off and on we are disturbed in our sleep and that's no good. Could last for some weeks more as I read on the website, oh glory!

That asaide it all was kind of good. I had a phonecall and this week too some mail from the hospital with an appointment date for the eye doctor, will be on the 25th of November. They will do two or three test in one day and I will know what the result is. Will they see cataract and can they do an operation etc. Already read in the brochure added that they can place different sort of lenses, but only one is payed by basic contract of health security. For the other ones you will have to pay a certain amount yourself. Pffff, I guess that could be not cheap so I will have to have a good chat with the doctor to know what is best for me. I would be happy when all of it will be done with and i could go for a new pair of glasses. But that will still take a bit of time. Pity also that the eventual operation will be done in another hospital, the less easy for us to go to, it will be just a for a few hours I will be at the hospital, but I would be so happy if I could have the operation in the hospital we always go to. Seems to be a problem, but I always could ask later the doctor, if there is a possibility to have it in a nearer hospital. We'll just have to see.

Jan also had a phonecall from the cardiac doctor that the vains around his heart are in good order, they couldn;t find anything disturbing, so that is quite good news, now he wants Jan to have another photo from his lungs. They already have several and quite recent, but okay, if that is all to do. Jan is a bit short of breath, but he has this already for some time, and for 99% sure the result of him smoking. Yes, he should stop, he already is smoking less, really, and I dont know if quitting it will give him back his breath. Oh, Jan made me happy yesterday, hahaha. I allready try to persuade him to go for a short walk every day(he needs to after his fall, to uplift his condition a bit). But he didn;t do that, or only one or twice in several weeks. But yesterday he made a walk. Not really long but he did one without taking a pause and he was proud of it. LOL. Well, this is a start, I hope he will do that more aften whenn the weather is a little bit nice.

Yesterday it was a great day for lots of chldren, because Sinterklaas arrived again(he is a bit like Santa Claus elsewhere in the world). He is the good man who knows all about the children and brings them presents on the 5th of December, and sometimes also in the time before during the night, leaving some small things(candy mostly, but also a small present) in their shoes thay can put in front of the fireplace. Nowadays many houses don;t have a real fireplace anymore, so it could be at the backdoor or near their bed or whatever.

With the covid the arrival was made different, because crowds aren;t allowed. It still was nice to see and I am sure many children were very nervouse yesterday evening when going to bed, hahaha.

As a little joke I always buy a small candy and put it in jan's shoe and place it in front of the fireplace. He didn;t notice it yet, so I am curious when he will see it. It isn;t a great thing, but we always have fun with it. And it is good to feel sometimes like children again if ony for a moment. 

I am still in my pyama's at the moment, so it is time to change in something else(but still comfy) and perhaps already start preparing dinner a bit. This evening around dinner time our Dtuch soccer man-team will play in the Nations League and of course we want to watch that. So it will be nice to have all ready and just to warm up, and eating while watching the match. You notice, that I like easy and quick????? It is nice I have time now to already start cooking early afternoon, and it makes it a quick preparation for only one or two additional things at dinner time. It is not that i mind the cooking or the time necessary. It is nice to be able to split it up sometimes and save time at dinner time. 

Hope you are all doing still fine, and wishing you a lovely week ahead and stay safe!

3 comments:

Grandma Sarge said...

It sounds like a good week for you and Jan and that is really good. My week was uneventful except that I did get to go to the "nail salon". The nails were already half uncovered so it was really time to go and get it done. Now it's getting much colder here and my little doggie doesn't want to go out for long periods. She runs down the grassy knoll out our back door, does her business and gallops like a greyhound back up to the sliding doors to get her little body inside and jump on her really fuzzy bed to warm up.

I'm thinking about lunch since it's almost Noon and I'm a tiny bit hungry. There are some leftovers but I really am tired of eating them. I haven't learned how to cook for one since my daughter doesn't eat with me very often. She's on a Cinnamon bun kick and that is about all she's going to eat besides chocolate. She's 56 yrs old so I don't have a lot of influence any more.

I guess the closer we get to Thanksgiving here the colder it's going to be. And with my endangered lungs I don't go out very often. Maybe once in a week or two. I'm back into ceramics and I have an order for the Nativity scene by the shop lady so I'll be pretty busy painting it and glazing it so it can sit under my tree or maybe on the fireplace if I rearrange the Thomas Kincaid lamps etc that are already on it.

Have a quiet week and stay safe. Hugs from Colorado

Sandi said...

Happy Sinterklaas! I didn't realize it happened so early.

Edna B said...

I agree, it is nice to be able to have some childish fun every now and then. In our minds we are still children at times. It's good that you're enjoying some quiet weeks now. As we get older we can appreciate the quiet time.
Are cataracts normal? If so, it only takes a little bit of time to take them off. Once they are off, you will be able to see the difference right away. My eyesight went from okay to wowsie! when I had my catacts removed.

I hope your visits go well and your cataracts removed soon. I also hope that all the tram work gets finished soon. It must be so disconterting to have to listen to the noise all through the night.

I've been watching the English Baking Championships on TV lately. Some of the challenges are wicked awesome! And the contestants do some really awesome work. It's truly amazing.

Today is fading and I don't think I've actually accomplished much of anything. I think I'll just watch TV and enjoy the rest of the day. I wish you a sunny restful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.