Sunday, July 19, 2020

We are doggie-stitting at the moment, LOL.

Goodafternoon everybody!

Not bad, our weather, yesterday it was real warm and sunny. Today cloudy, still not a bad temperature, we may get some rain or even thunderstorms this evening.

Update on Jan: He is doing a tiny whee bit better, but some walking moves still hurt badly, lucky it isn;t hrting when he sits or stands. Still I think the recovery is taking a long time. The rollator I bought for him already is worth every cent of it and payed itself back! Without it, it would have been almlst impossible for him to move around and I am not strong enough to hold him. I am already glad that he can go to the toilet and to the kitchen etc. it goes slow, but at least he can do some small things.
Nevertheless I think it will be wise to have a phonecall with the doctor, if only perhaps for some advice.

Tomorrow will not be a good day, because in the morning we will have another company visit for the windows.
We already had two offers, and the last one seems to be a good one.
Whichever we take, it will take a lot of money, that's for sure.

And we have my friend's dog now during their holiday. Tommy is a small dog and very quiet, just a sweet one. But it takes my time too, because I am the one who has to go walking with him 3 or 4 times a day.The last round is really near our house, and just possibility for him to do his necessary things before the night, hahaha.
But surely for two tours I want him to walk at least half an hour, he needs some exercise. Normally Jan and I would do each some of the rounds, but now it's has just to be me. I don;t really mind, it just breaks up the day a bit strangely, I will have to plan a bit different. Most difficult thing is the morning round, and why?
I am not just anymore to get up early morning!  I already have on and off kind of sleeping problems, so if I don;t sleep well during the night I might just have fallen asleep and two hours later it is time for Tommy's walk. But I will get used to it, I hope, because it doesn;t help  a lot going to bed somewhat earlier.
Oh well, I can try to take a nap every now and then.

So my days are kind of busy now, with Tommy to care for and also Jan, because I amd bringing him some things he wants, like something to drink, of at moments his medicins, or some fresh clothing. He can do some ofit himself and he tries to, but every now and then I just see it is difficult, so I get them. It all doesn;t seem t be much, but all together it fills the day apart from the ususal things I do.
It will get better, only not already next week.

Yes, I think I will finish this post now, I will relax a bit, and later on there is dinner to make and then after I washed the dishes the early evening walk with Tommy.
He is now lying beside me, g=flat on the floor, deep asleep, hahaa.

Wishing you all a real good week and stay safe!

2 comments:

hummerdawn said...

I am glad to hear Jan is no worse and the walker is helping him along. You are very busy with the dog sitting and glad to hear the dog is really pretty good. Yes, pets are a lot of work, aren't they?
Don't wear yourself out too much. Take care.

Edna B said...

Somehow, I think you are really enjoying having Tommy there to care for. Please take a photo to share with us. I love doggies. I'm so glad the rollator is a big help for Jan. I have to take my car to the dealership on Friday, and I'm so glad to have my rollator (walker). Without it, I could not go. Getting older brings so many changes in our lives. Ah, but at least we have them. You get some rest, my friend. Be sure to take good care of you too. Enjoy Tommy while you can, and have a wonderful week. Big hugs, Edna B.