Sunday, July 12, 2020

Oh, how wonderful if we could have a year without misfortune!

Goodafternoon everybody!

After some days of not really great weather it is getting better again.
We have sunshine, most of the time, not much wind, temps aren;t the highest, aroud 20C in our area. I would like more something like 23C, but okay, it looks friendly enough through the windows and we can open the garden doors.

I told you last week Jan wasn't feeling really perky that weekend. Nothing bad, just annoying. Till it came to Sunday night. He had to go to the WC and wanted a drink or so from the kitchen. And suddenly he fell backwards. Still lucky he didn;t fell flat on the back, mor on the side of his bump and hip. And he didn;t hurt his head on anything. But........ the times I sleep I do so very tight and don;t hear anything!
It seems he tried to call out for me, but I didn't hear it.
So with a lot of trouble he half crawled, half stumbled back to bed.
I only heard about it next early morning. It still was a good time to be able to call the doctor so I did right away. Jan couldn;t go to the doctor himself, impossible almost to walk. So the doctor came at around 12.30 p.m. and ordered an ambulance for Jan to bring him to hospital to make a photo from the hip and pelvis. Good news, there was no fracture or ripture.
Back home again with the ambulance(that took all together may be just an hour).
What now???? He had to go to the toilet and such things. Well, I found a temptorary solution(you might figure out for yourself) and next day I called around to find out if I could loan or so a rollator for him(I coud have gone for a wheelchair, but if anyway possible he had to move around a little bit, stay in move). Hmmm, difficult to get that for free, but for some payment it was possible, having it delivered the next day. It wasn't really the best option, so I went to a kind of thrift shop nearby, I knew they often had rollators and other things like that for a little money, I found one, that was looking still very good, sturdy, and I bought it for only € 25,00! Took it home right away, now at least Jan could try to walk a little bit. It still isn;t going really well, he can walk very slowly with it, still the movement of walking is difficult, turning is almost no option yet.
So tomorrow I will call the doctor again, to talk that through. May be Jan should have some physio therapy. Bad thing is, that almost no physio things are reimbursed by the health insurance. You will have to pay it yourself and it isn;t really cheap. Still, if necessary to get Jan on his feet again, walking without rollator and so, it has to be done. We'll see about it tomorrow after the conversation with the doctor. I hope Jan will be able to walk to the doctor's offcie, very , very close by, just the other side of the street.Hmmmm, i have no idea.

So I think we had our misfortune for this year more than enough. it will take for sure a while till he will be able to walk just by himself .

What else we had this week?
Oh yes we had another company over for our windows. It all depends on the offer the several companies will make and a bit also which company I feel more confident.

With all this going on I just forgot the birthday of my friend Heidi's husband!
I didn;t turn the page on the birthday calendar, so I noticed that last week and saw the name! Too late. Oh no, I felt sooooo very bad, right away I called her to admit my unthoughtfulness. I think this never happened to me before.
She could laugh about it, and said it was allright.
Still I felt very bad but it just happened. Hoepfully next year it will go better!

This morning something funny happened. I was siting in the living room watching some tv (Jan was still sleeping), garden doors were open, and uut of the corner of my eye I saw something moving on the right side of me. I looked and saw.................... a very curious grey-whote cat looking at me, ROFL.
I know the cat, it sometimes comes into our garden, it is from one of the neighbors around, very sweet cat by the way.
As I started to talk to the cat it quickly disappeared back into the garden and over a fence.
Gosh, it probably thought our house felt good for cats, or whatever, but it was funny. Of course I don;t want every cat of the neighborhood coming into our house, but ...... if can happen, as you see. At least it brough a smile to my face.

This Thursday we will have Tommy, Heidi;s little dog for about 2 1/2 weeks. Heidi and family will go on holiday and we will "dog-sit" on Tommy LOL.
It will be a bit busy time for me, cause with Jan out or working order, I will have to walk Tommy every day, at least 3 times, if possible may be four. Well, I'll just have to plan a day a bit different, most akward thing for me is that I have to get up rather early hahaha. I am not used to it anymore. But i will survive it and it is a really sweet and easy to handle dog, very greatefull for some extra attention. Yes, I always spoil him a bit.
Oh, whatever! It will keep me walking and busy and I will be okay.
Jan already feels himself very guilty he cannot help with it and that he can't do much anyway at the moment.
It is just what it is at the moment, we cannot change it a lot now, and we'll manage to cope with it.
Just hoping in a few weeks Jan will be a lot better again.

Good, that was the news from this week. More than enough, I think!
Wishing you all a very good week and safe one too!


Grandma Sarge said...

Wow, you have had a pretty anxious week. I'll say a prayer for you so it will go a little easier for you.

I'm taking a test for the pulmonary this Wed and they will send me home to see if what my one daughter heard during the night was just a blip on the radar or really did I stop breathing for a second or two. They put something on my finder and I have to wear it for a definite amount of time, even sleeping. They want to see if I really have the start of "Sleep Apnea" or she didn't hear what she thought she heard. Might have just been a hiccup.

I'm in my new house and really liking it. The girls are very good to me and Dani the oldest is getting paid by me until the one company that handles my new Medical card will take overpaying her. It doesn't bother me at all but it's something that they want to be in charge of so they will take over paying their share and I will pay the rest.

Time for my video church meeting so I'll see you again next Sunday. Seeing you on the internet is what I was saying.

Hugs and best thoughts for Jan!

Edna B said...

I did leave a comment yesterday, but I guess it did not come through to you. blogger makes me sign in after every comment. ????? I'm still trying to get used to this laptop. It acts crazy!

I hope Jan gets to enjoy his rollator. I enjoy mine. Have fun with that little doggie. Big hugs, Edna B.