Sunday, June 21, 2020

A bit of strange week.

Goodafternoon everybody!

Let's start with the weather. Last week it wasn;t all too bad weather, although at the first 2-3 days there were sometimes rather heavy rainshowers. Temperature still okay.
Later in the week more and more sunshine, bit of raise of temperature, and next week we could have really hot days, or 25-30C. It's okay for me, although.... 30C is a bit very high. Still, better so than cold and rain etc in the summer.

So Tuesday Jan went for his catherezation, all alone early in the morning.
Nothing came out of my hands, couldn;t do mucch, as waiting for a telephonecall from the hospital that I could pick him up.
At around 3.00 p.m. I still hadn;t hear something, so I called myself. He was just having a pressure bandage and I could come within ahlf an hour. All went well.
I was in no-time there(just 10minutes with the tram and short walk) and of course asked what they did. Well, it was a short answer, they just had a look and didn;t do anything because they found it wasn't necessary. Gosh, that was a surprise after the talking with the doctor and so on.
I guess he will have may be an evaluation appointment after some time with the doctor.
Well, I think we should consider this as good news. As soon as Jan had his bandage, he could dress himself and we went home. (and we just had pouring rain, lucky I brought an umbrella).
Jan was so tired, of not sleeping the night before and the kind of stress, that he first took something to drink, we had an early dinner and after that he took a looong nap on the couch. I think he slept for about 4 hours(and that is a long nap for him LOL). He felt already much better.
We left the bandage for a few days longer and took it off on Friday. It was healed lovely, and we only put on a little bandage to protect the spot for a bit longer and as reminder that he couldn;t use the arm for a bit longer(meaning not lifting anything heavy and so).
His both arms have lots of hematomes of the needles they uses( for blood, infuse on the other arm trying to get into his vain for the catherezation etc.), so poor soul, he is blue and purple on both underarms ROFL).

Good that was done, Hopefully no more of it.

In between I was kind of supporting my friend Heidi on the phone. Just before last weekend she told me that her favourite auntie  was desceased( died of cancer and wasn;t yet verry old, just 68). Heidi was very touched by it, she loved her dearly, so I had several phonecalls with her, so she could tell about it, and get it off her chest. I felt so sorry I couldn;t really be with her and take her in my arms to comfort her, you know. But with the corona situation it is still a bit risky.
I hope I could be of some help for her. Last wednesday was the funeral, it was a good thing she could attend that. It gave Heidi so peace of mind.

Yesterday I was rather energetic, and did a lot of small jobs, but things that needed to be done and I felt good about it. Also did some gardening, which is a good thing to relax body and soul. Not great things, but deadheading all the plants(which takes some time at the moment), it however is very rewarding, because they blossom much longer and are full of new buds all the time.

Today it is funny weather as I look out of the window. It isn;t cold at all, but mostly cloudy, at times some wind comes up, may be there are some rainshowers in the area of even some small thunderstorms? I hope soon the sun will pop through the clouds again and we can take a seat for a while in the garden.

Next week I must get myself to do some real research for the new windows we want to install on the front of the house(double glazed and such). It will take some money, but it is really something necessary to do. Now we have the possibility and it will bring some saving in the energy bill too, I hope.
Our neighbor is planning to have new windows too, may be we can make a deal with an installer, because it will be a larger job for him(there even might be a 3rd neighbor too). We'll see what al will bring. First we will need to ask for a quotation, and I like to speak face to face to the man of the company that finally might do the job. I can do most of it online, but I like it if possible in the "old fashioned"way, ROFL.

Good, that is the plan for next week. Let's see if it comes together, because I know myself and my plans, hahaha.

Enough rambling now for this week. Hope you keep tigh and be safe.
Have a wonderful week to come.

2 comments:

Edna B said...

I like your idea of getting together with other neighbors when ordering the new windows. They are expensive to replace. There are more than forty windows on my house, so I had to do my windows in sections.

I'm so glad to hear that Jan is okay. I feel so bad for Heidi. It's hard right now not being able to be with our closest friends and family. It is really hot here right now, so it's not such fun to be outside. Early mornings and late evenings are the best times for sitting out on the porch.

I wish I had your energy. There are so many things that I need to do, but at least I'm able to crochet on my projects. Every thing else will have to wait. Enjoy your day my friend, I hope it's a beautiful day. Hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Hello Myra, glad to hear Jan is doing so much better. I'm doing a little better but I still can't walk for long stretches. I'm huffing like a big bad wolf if I don't moderate my time. From the front of the new house (where my office is) to the back of the house for the bathroom and bedroom is about all I can manage.
I'm scheduled for a video with the VA doctor on the 8th of next month, and a tele-video Impairment exam on the 7thof next month. He will decide how bad my lungs are really doing. I'm hoping for another 7 or 8 years but it might not be unless I slow down.
The truck came today with my 'stuff' from Washington. It's now in Colorado and I have to go thru each box to put things away. I'm lucky that my girls are willing to help. Although they think a major portion should be thrown away. I'll hold out for the important stuff for me and about 4 or 5 boxes of genealogy I'll start sending to the relatives back East so they can fill in their family trees. I've been doing this for so many years I'm sure I have duplicates and maybe even
triplicates.
Time to watch the news.
Did I mention that a small mistake on my daughters part kept our stuff in a warehouse until Fri, last,? She accidentally put 7-1 instead of 6-1 for the delivery date. Now it's all straightened out and my stuff is hear. Mighty big truck too!!