Sunday, May 03, 2020

Another week in partial lockdown.

Goodafternoon everybody!

Weather report: not bad weather during the past week, only temperatures were a bit on the lower side, around 13-14-15C,but there was quite some sunshine, we even had some rain(hoorray, the garden loved it!), pity sometimes there was too strong wind.
But....... it seems next week the temperatures will rise again to around 18-20C, which is a happy thing.

What happened this last week? Well, in fact not really much, In Holland we still are in soft lockdown, meaning we still are advised to stay home as much as possible, work from home if you can, so much of the measures still stay the same, but as from 28th of Aprilthere will be some changes, e.g. primary schools can reopen after 11th of May,if they keep the distance policy, some sports for youth can start training(till age of 12), and other sporters can train out or inside with regard to the 1,5 mtr distance, so for individual sports that is already something.
There will be tests for the teachers available, they say.
Well, slowly there is a start of back to kind of normal, but it will take more time. Around 20th of May we will hear if more things will be tolarated again.
It all is annoying and sometimes hard to maintain and I can understand people who get impatient, and it's hard for the ones with no job at the moment and also small businesses which have to survive somehow, although there is a big fund from government to support them with some money, but I don;t think that is enough.
Still I think it is wise and sensible to re-open economy and to relax measures step by step, till there is more grip on the virus. 
Health is something of the most precious things.

Nevertheless I was out quite a bit this week, doing all kind of shopping just needed. Yes, I am the only one here who is doing the grocerie shopping or other shopping needed, specially in these times.
So some things aren;t available in nearby shops(or there aren;t any of the needed shops close), so I walked quite a lot around.
I know, you say I could buy things online, but I am of the old fashioned made stuff LOL, so I have to go to shops. 

I had to pick up medicins for Jan and me, then the usual grocerie things, of which I cannot always find it in the nearest by supermarket, as it is not a very big one. Needed to get some soil for pots in the garden, yes, I know, it isn;t of life importance, but I like to keep Jan busy a bit, so I went for that too(and of course I bought some little plants too hahaha).
In between all that there is cooking meals, cleaning around in the house a bit, helping Jan in the garden every now and then, well, my days are filled with all kind of things that take all together quite some time.
The walking is good for me, although I felt that this week it was somewhat too much, so yesterday I took a really easy and lazy day and it felt wonderful!.
For out dinner yesterday I also was lazy but still managed to have something quite tasty.
The other day I bought some pulled pork meat, and I had still two small ciabatta, so I made it like this:

Cut open the two small ciabatta, layed first two slices of salt junk(cooked and salted meat), slices of tomatoes, then slices of mozarella, then lots of the pulled pork, put the top of the ciabatta on it, then in the oven for about 8 minutes, took it out, put some lettuce on top of the pork and also some garlic sauce, and that was our meal. It was really yummie! Of course you can put on this kind of bread anything you like.
These ciabatta "rolls" were already kind of half baked. I have no idea how to call it in English, but you can buy lots of little rolls, or french bread etc. this way. Very handy to have.

The blanket I am knitting is growing. I finished the second panel and now an knitting the third. Still some work to do on that, but it keeps me busy.
Now about time to finish this post. Soon my laundry will be ready, have to hang it out to dry, then I might sit down again for a moment with a garden magazine(I bought several in a thrift shop, they are of some years back, but who cares???) I LOVE to look into those kind of magazines, it always gives you some ideas and every now and then some good information about a plant you might have.
Oh, the week before I watched Gardener's world(I try to do every in the season) and I saw there someone who had quite a small garden but made something fantastic out of it. I have a link to a video for you from this episode (hope it works everywhere), the part of the garden is about halfway the episode(but all is nice to see if you like gardening and specially when you have one).
https://floratube.wordpress.com/2020/04/26/gardeners-world-2020-episode-6/
(the episode of the bbc itelf don;t seem to work abroad, at least not for me, so I am glad I found another online that has episodes of it, if I want to see something back). Oh, and if you go to homepade, there is lots and lots more to see of beauty!
https://floratube.wordpress.com/

I wish you all a very good week, hope you are all safe and keep it that way!


2 comments:

Edna B said...

Our area is still mostly shut down. But It's good that you got to get out for a bit. Just be careful and don't overdo it. Thank you for the link about the plants and gardens. I watched the one on roses, and wowsie! It was so interesting. I just might try it later when my garden is in bloom. You stay safe my friend, and enjoy your day, big hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Sounds like a reasonable week. I'm still packing but I only exert myself half of the day. Then I sit down to read or watch TV.
Thanks for the links. I clicked on the first one and got a big black screen that said "the video has been blocked by LDS so it can't be seen in my country". That's pretty rough because we have a very large LDS community here in the USA. Unless the LDS that blocked my country means something else besides the Church of 'Latter Day Saints'.
I've done a little bit of 'digital scrapbooking' this week but I can't take the sitting for too long in this chair. I have to move to my Recliner because the back starts to pain up.

Hugs from Washington State, soon to be Colorado! Yeah me!