Sunday, May 10, 2020

Slowly some things start up again

Goodafternoon everybody!

Gosh, we had two really fantastic days the last two days! It felt if there was a start of Summer. Okay, all week wasn't bad at all, we had sunshine and nice temperatures. (nice means around 17C or so).
But....... already this afternoon weather will change and next week for larger part we will have temperatures of around 13-14C , which is quite a drop from yesterday(around 23C).

This last week you see several plants take a sprint in starting to bloom, like my climbing rose. Suddenly I have four or five opened flowers on it and lots of buds.
It's only a pity there is almost no rain. Okay, I am not really a rain-fan, but it is necessary at times and it is rather dry. Not good for the farmers at all, they already ave hard times, they have troubles getting their produces of the land and if they manage, it's hard for them to sell them.
This corona virus is really a bad thing, not only for health, but also for economy.
Still it is around us and we cannot think it is almost over, it will not be untill there is found an adequate vaccine for it.

I had qquite a little shock this week due to my friend Heidi.
On Tuesday morning I received a phonecall from her, telling me that she was in hospital and on the isolated ward. She already felt no good for a few days and so she called her lung doctor and he adviced her to go to the ER and have a check.
That was Monday  somewhere afternoon.
They immediately took a test and one good message was she didn;t have Covid-19. It could have been bad for her!!
They couldn;t find the cause of her not-feeling good, aong things pain in back in the lung area and lungs itself. Very strange. Well, she had to keep a good eye on herself and if things got worse she had to call immedaitely and then go to Amsterdam(there they are specialized in her lung disease).

It still is a strange thing that suddenly happened to her, but I am glad it isn;t Covid-19.

Life is still about the same here. We do our thing, Jan still isnlt going out on the street, I do, but only for the grocerie shopping or really necessary things.
However I took a little trip on Friday to the market. I really needed some fresh veggies and some cheese. To the market I took the tram( very few people on it), and back I walked home, because it was such nice weather. At the streets people really take good care to keep the distance, as well as in most shops.
So I thought I had enough gymnastics done and could have a really quiet day yesterday. And I did so. Spent quite some time in the garden, first a little work in it and then sat down and read a gardening magazine and watched the birds coming around for their food.
It was ever so nice.
Today it still is rather nice outside, so I will take advantage of that when I've finished this post.

From tomorrow on some things are starting up again, as primary schools, sport clubs for young children,  hairdressers, and some more things. All under comditions of course of being safe, keeping distance etc.
And as for now public transport will ride more shifts starting 1st of June, but we will be obligated to wear face covering in it.
I can understand it, because in transport it will be difficult to keep the distance. There are still quite some discussions going around if face covering is really helpful( and then I mean the non medical face-coverings). Perhaps it is, perhaps not, but okay, I can understand that in public transport it might be sensible.
So I bought some for Jan and me, and I am looking around on internet for a simple and yet rather good mask. And there are lots of people who offer video's on you tube to make them. There still is some shortage in face covering, so better to make them yourself and it is much less expensive.
Of course you could find masks on internet, but be careful, there are bunches of people who take advantage of the moment and ask extortionate prices!

Good before the sun disappears completely, I will finish the post and wish you all a good week in safety!



2 comments:

Edna B said...

I'm so glad that Heidi did not test positive. I hope she'll be feeling better soon. It's good you're finally getting some decent temperatures. Hopefully, we will too. I've heard from all my kids, and Deanne and Eddie came by with goodies and a new rose plant. Eddie planted it in the garden for me. DIL Janet also came by with a beautiful geranium plant for me. It's quite nice out, but still a bit too cool. You have a wonderful week my friend, enjoy your garden and birds. Hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

My daughters in Grand Junction have been making masks for the Homeless people. Very! few people have enough money to buy a mask and #2 daughter works with the homeless all the time. It's her job. She goes shopping for food for them and then puts it out beside the bldg and it's gone in an hour. She buys mostly canned food that has a pull top opening. They aren't allowed to have can openers or anything sharp. So they just open a can of soup and put it on a little fire and they have crackers and that makes lunch. I really feel bad for them. Most have either an addiction or some other debilitating illness. And she buys the dry dog food for those that have a pet. She won't buy the canned dog food because they'd probably eat it themselves.

I've been packing and giving away a lot of items that I don't really need anymore. But I won't give up any of my Christmas decorations, which is a good thing because #2 daughter (Denise) has been really bummed for the last Christmases because her older sister (Dani) doesn't really like Christmas so she doesn't even put up a tree! Me...I put up a 7ft tree, decorate the inside of the house and I have a whole army of lawn decorations.

Time to get my act together and fill a couple more boxes. They have really been heavy because I have about 15 or 20 boxes that are Genealogy files and my Christian Mystery books. All of those things are heavy.

Have a Safe and healthy week.
Hugs from Corrine in Washington, State.