Sunday, December 15, 2019

A bit of a sad day.

Goodafternoon everybody!

I am not really in a mood to do a lot  writing today.
Let's go to the weather report first. It has been not too bad, we had some rain(yesterday quite a lot) and some days the wind was really strong. Even this morning it was blowing too much to my liking.
But later on this week it should get better, even some higher temperatures, around 10 or even 12C, which is nice.
The longer the really cold weather stays away, the better(at least for me LOL).

I had a quiet week, although I have the feeling I did quite a lot of things(I probably did so, but nothing worth really remembering I guess).
Trying to get all things for Christmas, mostly the food, as much in advance as possible, and every day or two I find something to go into the "Chrïstmas dinner stash".
Also did send away some Christmascards. It almost isn't funny anymore to send cards, because the stamps are expensive and get more expensive every year. Still I find that getting "real"post, so I mean envelopes in the mailbox, is lovely.

Although this Friday we had a sad news envelope in the mail. It was a card announcing the passing away of an old friend. We didn;t have much contact, but every now and then we had a phonecall, or little email. We knew him already for about 20-25 years. And today was the funeral service.
So Jan and I went to it, of course, it was rather early in the morning, at 10.00a.m.
Again one person of the""old group" that passed away . There aren;t many left anymore of that group that knew eachother because we all went to the same pub in earlier days. And some of them met also outside the pub. Like a smaller group that came to Christmasdinner at our house for several years, or even went on holiday with eachother.
At moments like this morning, you notice more that you are growing older.
A funeral is part of life, but still it is a sad moment.

Okay, hopefully next week I will be here with a more uplifting post.
Wishing you all a lovely week.



3 comments:

Edna B said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of yet another friend. I know the feeling. Most all my friends and family from my age group are already gone. I'm sort of like a dinosaur. A good one, though. I just saw a notice on Facebook that Kirk Douglas (actor) just celebrated his 103rd birthday. I think that's the right number. I can only imagine how it feels to get that old.

Kyra, I hope you are feeling much better this coming week. BTW, be on the lookout for another small package. I mailed it a few days ago. My little tree is up and I've put all the presents beneath it. It looks awesome!

You have a super day my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

My condolences to you and all your friends. Time passes us by so quickly that we aren't even aware of it happening. Remember all the good times! Hugs.

Grandma Sarge said...


Sorry for the loss of a good friend. I get a card from my graduating class President on holidays and it seems as though only a few of the class is still alive. I was the youngest and I'm 80 yrs old so they were all just one or two years older than me. And the class was only 50 people to start out so it didn't take long to lose as many as we have.

I've been nursing a nasty cold and since I only have 41% capacity left in my lungs from the asbestos it's a little harder on me than just a bit of the sniffles. But thanks goodness for DayQuill and NightQuill. They keep me upright at least although not as fast as I would like. The colder temp is working on my knees so I'm not moving very fast at all.

I'm ready for the Holidays even if I am alone. But I will probably have a visitor or two because they know I'm cooking a small Ham and some nice looking Yams. I've been thinking of trying a couple of recipes for Christmas candies or cookies and I'm going to try the Yarro that I read about being such great natural supplement for the brain.

Until next week,
Hugs from Washington and a Very Merry Christmas to you and Jan and all your guests.