Sunday, November 24, 2019

This post is done on a new laptop, yeah!!!

Goodafternoon everybody!

Weather is nice today, it seems. When I look out ot the window, I see a bit of blue sky, even sometimes some sunshine. Temperatures are around 9C at the moment which isn;t very bad.

So last week Jan and I went to a shop to look for new laptops and we did found two. Yes, we bought after some discussion both a new one.
We have quite a big screen which is pleasant to work with, I think it is 17 inch.
Mine is a bit "heavier one"than the one for Jan. With the PSE I want to install again and some other things I do, I wanted one that could handle it without getting right away slower.
Jan mainly uses his for reading the news on internet, or searching things on the net he wants to know more of, that kind of thing and for doing a few simpeler games. So he didn't need one like me, we thought.
Good, it took a bit of time in the shop to let them at least install the starting stuff for Windows(we had to pay a little bit for that, but I didn;t mind, it saved me a lot of stress already, hahaha and in the ened the salesman forgot to put it on the bill, and when he noticed it, he let if be, nice hey?)
Now I am every day some time busy with getting around in Windows10, at least to put on the most necessary things on it, like installing Firfox as browser, then figuring out again how I installed all the see=ttings for it and every time it is a little struggle again!!), but I managed in the end, pffff. I must say that I don;t like the new starting menu from Windows 10 with the apps. They are very small, and I cannot help it, but I liked the starting menu in Windows 7. Perhaps I just have to get used to it, but that will take some time.
And I have to do it twice, some of the things, also Jan's laptop has to have e.g. Firefox and such. I have to do it, but I don;t like it. There are lots of people who have no trouble(or not much) with all those installations and settings and more, but I am not one of them.
Well, I am only busy with it for 3 days, so that;s not long, but I get tired of it.
I just will have to do it slowly, and then I will get there I hope.
Already happy that I make this post and read some blogs and the more difficult stuff will follow.

The "stormy"weather here in the house has left us, most of the time LOL! Oh, at times there are still some .........how shall we say it........ disagreements, but not as much anymore and not as longlasting either. So all together it is going better.
Just yesterday I went to my friend Heidi's house to take a little walk with their doggie, as she asked me too. The family had a day out and so Tom(that's the dog) had to have a walk in the early afternoon. Of couse he was happy to see, all the more because he knows he always gets a few treats when we get home again(and I always give him a few more than he normally gets, yes, I am a softy).
Pity it wasn;t as good a weather as today, because yesterday it was colder and some more wind.But it was okay, and also good for me to be out with the dog for a moment, it freed my brain from computerstuff for a wile!

Today I made it easy for myself for dinner, We will have a ready made soup out of a can(peasoup the Dutch way) and I will put in it an extra smoked sausage and that should fill out stomachs enough.

Well, I think that is all for today. There is  a World Cup speed skating on this weekend and if I hear it well, it is starting now on tv, so I will end now and have some fun with watching the skating.
You all have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Edna B said...

My whole comment just got erased. God Bless Google and Blogger.

I'm so glad that you both have a new laptop. As I learn a few things, I'll try to pass them along to you if you need them. Not that I know all that much!

I'm glad to see that the tension is disappearing now that you each have a new laptop. It really does make a difference sometimes. I haven't been on my laptop for a couple of days so now I have a lot of catching up to do on my blog reading.

It's not always easy typing or leaving comments with this new laptop because without any warning, it erases everything that I've typed. Aye Yi Yi!

I'm off now to get busy with that blog reading. You have a wonderful day my friend. Big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

So happy you got your new laptop! Don't let Win 10 get you down. Just do it like you said, slowly and one day at a time. As you go along you will find things that need setting and they will pop up as you go along.
I got my new PC late Sept and there are still things I find I need installing or setting!
We had a super super cold Oct but now Nov is more like early spring weather! It is crazy. Mild and rain which is not our normal for Nov.
Tonight my city football team will be playing for the Grey Cup which is to see which is the best football team in Canada. We haven't won since 1990 so it's exciting. We will watch on TV with our snacks! Lol.
Have a great week!

Snowy said...

Welcome to Windows 10, but don't get too used to it. The new Windows will be out next year and it will be a lot more like Windows XP. It will also be able to handle old discs with programs from over 20 years ago. My son thinks "us oldies"will be able to handle it a lot easier :) Everybody who has Windows 10 will be able to download it for free.
Yes, the weather has a lot to do with moods. Less sunshine means your mood goes down as well. The body has less Vitamin D , which gives us the good mood.That's why it's important to still go out into daylight, even when it's maybe cold or rainy :) But good to hear your mood is better. Have fun with your new laptops 😊. Hugs Snowy

Grandma Sarge said...

Our weather is a bit cold. Car windows frosted pretty good but I don't get ready to go out until afternoon so some of the frost is already gone.

Today I have a 14-page survey to fill out for the new Geriatric doctors & nurses. I can't understand why I can't just say I'm 80 years old so it's not all working up to what it did 40 years ago. That should be enough information for them. There's more going on than that but I'll explain it in the regular email. It shouldn't be on your post files.

My neighbor brought me the largest Turkey dinner he could put together at one of the local restaurants because he knew I was fighting with the Lungs and didn't trust myself to go out, let alone drive the car. Bet my neighbors were glad about that.

I'm in the process of getting my house in order to go into Assisted living in a few months. That means a very large and messy storage shed needs to be gone thru and all those papers that I thought I really, really needed need to go to burn pile. Some are bank records from 40 years ago. A lot of boxes of pictures that I'll let my daughter and her son go through and keep the ones that they forgot were even still around. Then there is going to be some furniture that won't be allowed in the little apartment they have for disabled seniors. I will be replacing the recliner that I have now, (it was a hand me down) with a new one that has a little bit larger seat. When my doggie jumps up there to join me in a nap, it gets awfully tight in a regular size recliner.

And I finally broke down and bought myself a new TV yesterday. I purchased it online from the WalMart store and they will deliver it on Monday to my door. Not bad for under $300. and it's a 40 inch so I can see it from across the room.

Hugs from the Chilly North West Washington.