Sunday, September 15, 2019

The kitchen looks renewed fo a part!

Good afternoon everybody!

Our weather is going up and down and up and down again. Frustrating!
Last week we had some rather cold days(if you compare with the heat we had before), we reached may be 17-18 C, sometimes cloudy and sometimes a it of sunshine. Also a day or two with dark clouds, making it look all very gloomy, and a day with lots of rain. This weekend we have better weather, with temperatures around 20-21C, sunshine so it looks nice and also feels quite good.
But that will be over soon. Next week is expected cool weather with may be temperatures between 15./16 to at the most 18C. Brrrrr, that will be a difference. We will need to put on the heating at times I guess, to be comfortable when we are sitting in the room.
Oh well, it is to be expected of this time of year, I only hoped for a bit longer summerlike temperatures.

Yes, it really happened! I have my new appliances, whoohoo! Last Thursday two guys came with the stuff, early morning at about 9.30 and I think they were ready with it all at about 13.00 a.m. Gosh, it looks a bit different now.
 I also have a spare pladce in the kitchen now where I had my dishwasher. We didn;t buy a new one, because I can do the dishes and that myself, it is done so quickly, no need to have a machine doing it for me. It uses a lot of water, more than I use by hand. But now we have to figure out waht to do with the space. Best would be to make some shelves there and use it for my pans or something like that. I donlt know if we can find a ready made cupboard of the size needed and what it will cost. Or may be we can find someone who could make us what we want. Till we figured out what to do I can hid the gap with a little curtain, that will look at the least better than that dark hole LOL.
Next week I will try out the oven, first have to look into the booklet to read the meaning of all the little drawings. All is rather obvious but I feel better when I first saw the explanation in the booklet.
After a few time it will all be very easy going.
I am happy that finally we were able to replace some of the old stuff, because they were really at the end of life! LOL.
Best had been to may preplace the whole kitchen(with cupboards and so) but that we cannof afford. So for now, it will do.

Oh we also did  buy something else at the same time. Not long ago we bought ouselves a new tv. Well, we werenlt all too happy with the sound. So now we have a soundbar and that makes a lot of difference. Sound is much better and you also can adapt it to your liking or to the program.
Pffff, that were a lot of expences in short time.
Necessary? Yes, most of it and the soundbar? in a way to, and why not give ourselves a little present?

Next project will be to find somebody who can take away an old tree in our garden. The tree is dead, not too big, but overgrown with ivy and it is bending over to one side. I fear it will break when there will be a storm and then the damage might be quite big. specially when it fall is into the neighbours garden.
One of our beighbours migth know somebody who could do it for us for a not too heavy price(when I call a specialized company for it, I think it will cost me a lot of money). Let's see what this person will charge us(if he wants to do it) and then we can decide. But it has to be done this autumn.

Another good thing from having the new appliances is, that we had to clear out the fridge, and one or two cupboards and drawers, so the men could easily connect some pipes etc.
It gave me the chance to look over all the stuff and clear out some of it. It feels so good when you finally decide to throw some things away, and get rid of some things that take room and that you never use(so it came out seeing it coming out of the cupboards LOL). Okay, it wasn't all too much but again a start.
It is unbelievable what you gather over the years, specially when you have a house where there is quite some room to stuck stuff away for a while ROFL.
I will have to do that kind of clean out several times more, believe me, because we have far too much of everything standing and lying around!
Good to bear that in mind and when I have another burst of energy I should do some cleaning out again.

The daughter of Heidi, Séverine, is zstudying now! She is doing a study to become speach therapiste. I think it is great. She has to travel to another city, about an hour travel all together, with the subway and then also tram or bus. And her mother is worrying a bit about that. I understand, because she is still a yongster, only 17, and then all alone making the travel, specially when it dark in wintertime and so. But it seems most of the time she can travel with one or two other students, doing the same study, so that is reassuring.
I hope Séverine will finish the study, it takes at least 3 years, and isn't that easy as it may seem. I wish her all kind of luck.

Okay, that is it I think for this week. Time to grab a bite(it will end in a little sandwich I think hahaha) and then perhaps already prepare a bit for the dinner this evening.
And also I can perhaps sit for 15 minutes in the sunshine, taking advantage of it while I can, because next week I don't think it will nice enough.
Have a wonderful week everybody, try to stay safe and healthy!

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Good evening Kyra. I'm having a late start today. I'm so glad your new appliances are installed. You are going to love them. Just having a new stove top made a big difference for me. Enjoy your garden while you can. Autumn in fast approaching. Some of our trees have new colors already. I cant wait to get out and take some photos.

Cheer to Severine. I hope she can stick with it for the whole three years. It is a goodoccupation to get into. Our Jazzy finishes her first two years next Spring, then she will be going off to another college in Amherst (quite a distance away) to finish her next two years. I am going to miss going to see her sing and perform all the time.

It's around dinner time here so I'd best go get something ready for Pogo and me. You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

It's a great feeling to have some new appliances. I have been renting for the last50 years and the appliances are already in the house. Not necessarily what I would have put there but I didn't have to go out and buy some. But my Granddaughter (my caregiver) and I will be looking for a place to buy in the near future. Someplace where I can have my garden and the yard will be fenced for our puppies to run around and chase each other.

I did a little shopping after Church yesterday and dopy me, tried to get it all in one trip from the car. guess I forgot about the first 8-inch step to come up the walk to the next steps. Didn't get my bad leg lifted high enough and fell over to the side into the grass. Luckily the grass is thick and was a good cushion. But I can imagine how silly I looked trying to get myself up from walk and grass. I guess no one saw my tumble because no one came to help me up. And it was my fault for trying to carry too heave a load in one trip. Live and Learn!

Going to get a little breakfast now. Hope you have a great week with your new kitchen! Lots of things to make that you couldn't make before.

Hugs from Washington State