Sunday, September 22, 2019

Probably last of the summer days.

Goodafternoon everybody!

Yes, this weekend we have still summer weather. Yesterday it felt already niice, but we had lots of wind, today there is much less wind and the temperature feels good. I think we reach around 21-22C. But..... next week temperatures will drop already, not too much but all counts in this time of year LOL.
Temperature will be around 17-19C and slowly the nights will be colder too, to under 10C, and you can feel that.
In the evenings the room feels chilly and so we put on the central heating on, and I wished we could have waited with that somewhat longer.(it all takes gas and electricity, and it isn;t very cheap these days).

It was a quiet week, I did achive a few things(small things, but okay, I did them hahaha), not interesting enough to mention though(and some I don;t remember off anymore anyway LOL).
But..... I did try out the washing machine! yeah, and I already know that the program I tried, will not be used a lot, it takes a lot of time! So next round of laundry will be done in another and shorter program, that will do the job just as good(I think).
And I also tried out the oven last Friday, just for a little thing, but it works fantastic(after I figured out how exactly use it, hahaha).
Today I made us an oven dish for dinner, yeah! I have cannelloni with minced meat, tomatoe sauce and bechamel sauce and covered with grated cheese.
It has been such a long time ago that we had that for dinner, so I am really looking forward to it! I will add a tomatoe salad to it and for desert there is a yoghurt with peach taste. Not bad for a Sunday.
I don;t make the cannelloni tubes myself. I buy them ready made, dried, and i just have to fill them with the minced meat (fried with diced onions, fresh basilicum leaves chopped, some pepper and salt).
It's much easier than making your own, although that always taste just a little bit better. Still, it is too much work for just us two. Why do it difficult if you can do it the easy way.
Only have to put it in the oven for about 25-30 minutes and yummie, it will be ready.


I cannot think of anything else to tell, so I better leave it for today and hope to have more things to share next week.
Stay safe and have a lovely week!


2 comments:

Grandma Sarge said...

I love hearing you tell us how to make some of the dishes you feed to your husband. I'm afraid that cooking for just myself I don't usually do anything special. I've been eating the leftovers of the few times I did get energetic and make something like a meatloaf or beef rice with Kielbasa, It takes me a few days to get it eaten up. I share a tidbit now and then with my companion dog and her mother. Granddaughter doesn't like me feeding them table scraps. She says if it contains salt then they can't process it. I'd never heard of that but I'll wait until she's gone and then feed them. Maybe I should do some research on her theory of no salt for animals.

Haven't been feeling too good lately but I still have to take care of the animals. Maybe I'll be feeling better after the Tummy settles down and gets the job done. It's 5 am so I guess I can start the morning ritual of putting my daily meds in the little medicine cups. Labeled for Morning, Noon, Evening and Night. I don't pay any real attention to the times once I get through the mornings little cup. And some days I forget to even take the Noon cup. so I just set it aside for using another day. If I knew how to put the reminders on the computer so it sends me a little message like "time to take your meds for Noon". I'm sure it does those things because Granddaughter has her cell phone doing all those things. I'm just not "tech-savvy".

Got to get back on schedule. Have a good week.
Hugs from Washington

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. I'm finally back with the living. Your supper sounds so yummy! With just me, I buy a lot of ready made too. It sounds like you're having fun with that new oven. I'll bet it feels good to have a new washer too. We are having Fall temps here too, although lately the days have been gorgeous. I just did not get to enjoy them. I'm off now to catch up on a lot of blog reading. You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.