Sunday, July 28, 2019

Glad the heatwave is over.

Goodafternoon everybody!

Oh my, we had a couple of days of very, very hot weather here!specially two days were crazy. There were temperatures reached of 40,5 C and even a bit more!! No, that isn;t fun anymore. It draines out all your energy, all you can do is stay calm, not moving around a lot, stay indoors and sit it out.
You know i am a lover of warm weather and sunshine, but this was too extreme.
Glad yesterday is already was a lot cooler, we even had some rather severe rainshowers, not too long ones, but still.... there was water from heaven LOL.
The temperatures dropped a lot, I think around 25-28C or so. And that is much more pleasant I can tell you. Today it is cloudy, every now and then a bit of rain, not much, but that helps it cooling down and the plants just love it.
Coming week we will have more usual summer weather here, temperatures will go from 22-28C( depends on which side of the country you live). Perhaps with some rainshowers wevery now and then. All together I think it will be nicer and like that it can stay for me for longer time.

As you can imagine with that heat, I didn;t do much. I almost didn;t go out, just did the shopping for stuff really needed and that as close to home as possible. Also didn;t do much at the computer, even for that it was too warm, LOL. So I didn;t do any designing. Even didn;t make preview and download for clusters I received from Arlene, made with the last kit. Now how lazy is that?
I will have some ready next week for you, I promise.

So not much happened around here, although I had some plans for this week. Like looking for a new laptop for me and for Jan. Then we will have to look for a new oven, cooking plate and possibly a new fridge. The cooking plate is still working, LOL, but the oven died and my fridge is so very old, it needs to be replaced. But finance wasn;t that great lately, now we have some more "stretch" in it, now that we are pensionados. With that heatwave on, well, you can imagine it isn;t fun to go to shops for those kind of things, or for anything.
So I hope we will be able to do that next week. I learned to cook without an oven, but i would be soooo happy to have one again! You can do so much more and have more variety in food. Well, we will see if we will succeed soon.

Just yesterday I bought two new plants for the garden. I went to the market(the weather was just good for it after that heatwave) so I took advantage of the lower temperature and made a quick visit to have some fresh veggies mostly.
Then I passed the stand where I buy every now and then some new plant of bulbs and I saw a beautiful rose and couldn;t resist. It is a bushy one, not growing to hight just about 80 cms., but with a lot of lovely flowers. I will try to have a photo of it next week. And I also bought a Rudbeckia-species, with lovely brown, gold, flowerpetals. Photo also next week. I am already glad I managed to plant them yesterday afternoon. (And just good, that evening and night we had some lovely rainshowers!).

Good, that's it for today. I hope there will be a little sunshine today, just to make the day a bit more happy looking. Clouded weather is nice for a shorter time, but then I like to see some blue sky again.
Take care of yourselves, and be happy with every new day, although now every day might be a happy day. Hmmm, strange kind of ending a blogpost, isn;t it?
But... I think there is some truth in it.

5 comments:

Edna B said...

I agree about the wicked heat wave. It takes the fun out of sitting out in the garden and it's not healthy. Thank goodness for the cooling rains and lower temps. Gosh, you have your hands full with appliances all needing to be replaced at the same time. I do hope you can get these items replaced and still be able to get new laptops for both you and Jan. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the new plants. Stay cool my friend, and you have a wonderful week. Hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for your update Kyra. It is good that you survived the heatwave. You did the right thing taking it easy and not doing too much work. Also not having your computer on was a good idea - the heat may have done a lot of damage to it.
I hope you are able to find new appliances at good prices...

Anonymous said...

Kyra I LOVE the ending to your blog comment!It is filled with hope! Sending soft warm hugs to you and Jan.
Love and Prayers,
Cassie

hummerdawn said...

Would love to see your rose bush! My PC is a bad way so just a short post to say I am glad health wise you are both okay. But pfft to the needing new appliances. Always seems to be expenses to put out! See you on Sunday.

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. My goodness, I didn't realize that I hadn't left a comment here. The heat has been wicked this year. Thankfully, it only comes in patches. I can't wait to see your new plants.

Happy shopping for your new laptops, your oven and your stovetop. I have to get a new stovetop too. I've been using the induction burner for these past couple of years, and I don't really like it. You can't regulate the temperature. It only has a few temperature settings on it.

I'm off now to make some breakfast. Will be back shortly to read your new post. Have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.