Sunday, July 21, 2019

Awaiting a heatwave!!

Goodafternon everybody!

Sooooo late today. Seems to happen a lot lately LOL.
First little weather report. Last week it wasn;t too bad, although ...... no, not really good either. Temperatures stayed rather low for time of year and we even had a day or even 1 1/2 day with quite some rain. The garden loved it.
But..... weather is changing here again. Today already lovely weather with nice temperatures of around 22C our part. Graduately it will go up this week to really hot weather, expected temps around 30-36C! And that is really hot for our country! We will see how we survive that. It never can be more or less "normal"here. That is to say temperature around say 25-26C with a little breeze every now and then. And that for several weeks, and best with sometimes a little rainshower during the night.
No, we do in roller coaster-weather nowadays, or so it seems.
Okay, I am not complaining, I wanted some warmer weather and so we have it. Oh well, we have to pick the times to do the shopping and further on probably not moving around too much and some icecream at times can do wonders LOL.

Jan wasn;t feeling really great on Friday, he stayed in bed almost all day. Guess he catched a cold of some kind. Happy to say he is much better today , already yesterday he was feeling much better. So it was a one or two day story only.

I didn;t achieve a lot this week. I know I did several things, would have been mostly small jobs, not worth reminding. Perhaps useful, but not more either. Hahahaha. No, I am not loosing my mind, I just cannot remember anything really specific that is worthwile mentioning.
But somehow I had very busy days! How did i accomplish that???????No idea.
That sometimes happens, you know. You do all kind of things, all necessary, moost of the time, but at the end of the day or week, looking back, all vanished from the memory.

My friend Heidi went on holiday on Friday, they are in France now. They will stay there for about 3 weeks. This time they didn;t take theri doggy with them, because there are other dogs there who aren;t too nice for little doggies. So they left him behind and the parents in law are taking care of him. He will have a good time there, they will take good care of him.
When we still had our cats and we did go somewhere I always found it difficult to leave them behind. But we always had someone who took good care of them. Still I was glad to come home again and see them again.
We mostly left them in the house, so they felt safe and then someone stayed in our house or came once or twice a day to feed them etc.

I really should go this week on search for a new laptop. The one I am using now, is getting so very slow and I am afraid one of these days it will not even start up anymore.
I took a look in a store for computers and such this week(see, that i did too this week LOL) and saw a few very nice ones but I didn't like the prices. I think this time I will go another time for a good second-hand one. The one I am using now also was second and served me well during a few years. So then I will have to learn how to use Windows 10! Hmmmm, I will have some trouble I guess, but first I will have to get my usual programs on it(like Firefox, and the photo program I use with my camera, and of course PSE elements). Then I should consider what to use for virus program. I now have the free version of AVG, but lately it annoys me and I've read that for usual use Windwos Defender is doing not bad at all. Okay, payed ones do somewaht more, but I have to be careful with the finance, so as long as a free version is doing quite okay, I will use that.
Probably it will have to reconsider when I will install internet banking. (yeah, I am still very old fashioned, I don;t do that till now). But slowly you are almost forced into using that, and yes, it is easy and quick, I know.
First of all I will see if I can find another laptop, then Jan will need another one too. His laptop is somewhat quicker still than mine, but is copming to an end too soon I guess And also has Windows 7 and that will not be supported anymore next year. Oh my decisions, desicions.... hopeless! Wished I had someone who could install all nedded on the new laptop, get it all ready for use and safe and also some around every now and then to check on it. But that is just ishfull thinking, so I'll have to do it myself. I will get there, slowly, it always takes some time to get everything installed again.

Good, I think it about time to finish this post, it is already mid-afternoon9arund 15.14)so I would like to sit in the garden for a moment and read in a book I already read long ago, but started again. it is Shogun, of James Clavell.
Started again I love the book again(there also was made a TV serie of it, great!).
And I have here the second part of the Mysteries of the Woods kit.
Have a wonderful week!
Download    part 2 HERE

8 comments:

Edna B said...

We have the heat wave too. Not fun at all. Hopefully it will pass by soon. I hope Jan is feeling better soon. Gosh, I remember when summer was a season when we all had fun outdoors and lots of wonderful weather. I wonder where it all went?

I hope you have luck finding two new laptops. It's not the funnest thing to have to do, but we all got to do it sometime. Have you ever thought about visiting an animal shelter and bring home a new kitty? Just a thought. You stay cool my friend, and have a good week. Hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Oh my another bright colourful one to go with the first. Thanks so much! Speaking of computers mine is on it's last legs too. I have a desktop and hoping it will hang out till the funds are available for it. I do have the Windows 10 and yes it takes getting used to but you will enjoy it when you do I am sure!
Glad Jan's cold was short lived. Nothing you want in a summer time- a summer cold!
I see you are a reader like me. My daughter lent me her e-reader and even though I said I would never use one I have fallen in love with it. Shhh. Lol.
Hope you and Jan enjoy your week.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely download Kyra. I hope your weather hasn't been too hot and that you have been able to keep cool if it is...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks for part 2! I think the weather is playing havoc all over the world this year, it certainly has been rather severe in a lot of the states! Here in Texas, we expect heat and no rain for summertime! LOL!
Sure wish you had access to a company called Refurbees.com that is were I purchased my new computer for Christmas last year. It has a iTB hard drive so I have lots of room for my scrapping stuff (and all my music) came with Windows 10 installed ( i had no problems learning 10 and yes Defender works pretty good too) it also came with Microsoft certification and 1 year full warranty, free keyboard and mouse and free shipping for a nice low price! they also have refurbished laptops, tablets, phones and monitors! When you live on a small fixed income it is nice to have quality for a smaller price! Right?
Hope you have a fantastic week ahead and success in finding your new computers! Stay in out of the hottest time of day with those high temperatures! Be safe! hugs, Mat

Anonymous said...

Kyra this kit is absolutely astounding! So very beautiful! Just opening it up gave me many inspirational ideas. Thanks so very much for your talent, time and work! Hugs from the USA! We're having a heat wave here too, some real scorchers. Try to stay cool. I hope Jan feels better soon.

Love and Prayers,
Cassie <3

Grandma Sarge said...

Last Mon & Tues I was on a liquid diet to get ready for a colonoscopy. It wasn't an easy 2+ days. They changed the liquid on me to something that tasted awful and needed a Nausea pill before starting. By the time I had gotten one glass down and was supposed to do another one in 15 mins, I was nauseous and spitting up so I refused to do another glass. Then I called the doctors office and told them I couldn't handle the stress of that stuff anymore so I canceled the test. I informed the VA of my decision and I'm waiting for some sort of backlash from the Primary Care Doctor. I have a few words for her too.

I'm just now getting the part you posted last Sunday. Thank you for the delightful kit. And don't feel bad at all about not getting anything done. I haven't done very much myself.

Just got my computer back. The company had to reset the modum. Yesterday I was all set to go out and buy a new computer then I thought, I'm paying them money to keep me connected so I'll call them. A nice young man named Kent had it all fixed in 10 mins. I gave him the highest marks when I did the survey on the service I got. Hope he gets Technician of the month.

Thank you again and I'm hoping for a less than 90 degree day myself.

Kittie24 said...

Thank you For both parts!!

Buzzy said...

thanks for sharing both of these awesome kits
hugs Iris