Sunday, May 26, 2019

Young birds still alive!

Goodafternoon everybody!

We had about two days of real nice weather, today already is a changing day and next week we will drop temperature from ca. 20C to 15C! what a change! But then later it might creep up again. It would be so nice if we had some steady weather with nice temperatures from around 21C for a longer time you know!
May be it will happen later in June.

The crushing of Jan's left over stone has gone well, the guy even crushed at the same time a tiny little one in his kidney. Jan is feeling okay again, let's hope it will stay that way. The 4th of June he has a control appointment with the urologist to hear all about the crushing etc.
But, let's be happy. So far so good.

I showed you last week a photo of one of the young blackbirds living in or around our garden. well, both youngsters are still around they even can fly much more, still want to be fed by the parents, but that will not last for long anymore LOL. It is fun to watch those birds working so hard for their children!
So I give them some extra's like some bread and also small diced pieces of apple.
Then we have of course our parakeets around and also some great tits and a kind of small finches. Can you tell I love all the creatures that visit our garden??

During this week I didn't establish great things, but I found time to do some grocerie shopping each day at another place, and I didn;t have to rush, which is already a great thing. I found some good things for our stock for a nice discount price(I ALWAYS love discounts), also did buy some more plants for the garden(of which I must take still some photos).
Now our garden hose has a litle hole in it somewhere. We did find it and for now could close it with some tape but we could do with a new one.
But there are also other things that are needed and they should come first.
Like first Jan has to have a new denture. 75% of the price is covered by our health insurance, so we still have to pay perhaps between 300-400 euros ourselves.
Then I do need a new oven(I miss cooking in the oven, it is so handy and tasty too), at the same time we should replace the extractor above it(ours is really old and doesn;t work properly anymore). And our fridge is on for replacement too.
So there are quite some expenses to be made, and we a small amount of savings but we cannot do it all at the same time. Well, we will work it out in the months to come.
When all that will be done  surely will feel much more lighthearted, LOL.
And you know, it isn;t good to plan too much and certainly not too far ahead, because always there's something unexpected that will happen.

I also did take a little bit of time to make a new kit for you. It is just a very small one, but...... it is something.
I named it Springtime Sunshine, and  has lots of bright yellow in it.

And now I think it is time for me to make myself a cup of tea and perhaps do a bit of a solitaire game(on line) and I also have to keep an eye on a pan on the stove with some stew meat in it, it will be for this evening and is bubbling already for an hour or two(will need some more to get really tender).
We will have some potatoe salad with it that is leftover from yesterday evening and we have some strawberries for dessert. Good enough for Sunday dinner, don;t you agree?
Then tomorrow I will do some housework again, a laundry, some ironing, and some cleaning. I almost get tired by only thinking of it, hahahaha.
No, I certainly will do some of it, and if I feel energetic enough I could do it all.
We will see and cross fingers, okay?
Now I wish you all a lovely week to come.
Download    HERE

9 comments:

Edna B said...

I know how you feel about all the little birds in your garden. I love all of mine too. Such good news about Jan. I hope it stays well. Sadly, there is always something in the house that needs fixing or replacing. Somehow, we manage. Your dinner sounds yummy.

I have to laugh. I get all tired out just thinking of what I need to do. So I do what I can, if I can, and the rest can wait till I get to it. Your lirtle kit is so nice. I love that little bird. And I love the color yellow. You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Maddy said...

Thank you for the pretty kit!

hummerdawn said...

Thank you for the beautiful bright kit! Our weather has been the same as yours. I guess it'a all part of the global warming.
Happy to hear Jan has those stones crushed and gone! He will feel much better.
I too love all of nature and so happy to see all the animals back for another season. I live in the city so don't get that much but do have rabbits, birds and squirrels.
Take care and thanks once again.

Grandma Sarge said...

A very bright yellow and the birds match the little house. Thank you very much for this cute kit. Don't be bothered that it is smaller because sometimes smaller is better. I love it.

I've been busy making scrapbook pictures for the family members back East. They have the most adorable children and I'm going to put the finished pics on my blog which I have neglected. I'll get to it today I hope.

I've never met any of them in person but I was very fond of their grandfather. My father's brother who had 14 children and the ones in my age group are grandparents now. I think about 4 from my group have passed away and I'm the oldest one living. I tell them I'm the Matriarch and wouldn't that be a marvelous Reunion if I were able to get back there once before I cross over. Probably have to rent a stadium unless the oldest one in that area has a good sized property.

Have a great week. I'm still packing for my move but I haven't got a rental yet. And now my Granddaughter (my caregiver) is going through some rough times. So she's just not interested yet.

Mom said...

I love the birdies, feels like springtime! Thank you so much!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

this is a lovely kit, very pretty colors! Thanks a lot!

Kittie24 said...

Thank you!!

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for this pretty yellow kit...

Gala said...

Великолепный набор! Большое спасибо!