Monday, August 20, 2012

Heatwave in the weekend

Goodmorning everybody!

Yes. we could speak of a heatwave the last two days here! As much as I like to have sunny weather, it was a bit too much.
My poor hubby had to work this weekend, although on Saturday just in the morning, so he was home before the real heat was there. But yesterday he had two shifts, one morning and one evening, so I felt real sorry for him.
But it is still better than having to ride around on the bike in storm and rain LOL.
Although Jan has a work-free day today, we are still up on early time, cause he has a hospital appointment at 14.00 p.m., they have to do an endoscopie(yak, it's not nice) and he cannot eat or drink after 8.00 o'clock in the morning. So I made sure he got up and had something to eat and drink. As he is having a mild narcose for this thing he can sleep a bit later i the hospital LOL.
It's nothing to be really worried about, but his doctor wanted to check out, if may be he'll need a little change in his medication, and I like her attitude in following her patients.
So the afternoon I'll be home alone for a while hahaha.

I think it will be a good time to prepare already for dinner then, in the weekend, although it was warm, I did some of the necessary things here in the house, mostly in the mornings, so I can take it easy today.

Funny how I got used to see sports ll day and evening during the Olympics. that I needed to kind of kick off again and get used to the usual programs on tv again ROFL. But I am glad we can watch some of our detectives again and some quizes and documentairies etc. That keeps the brain working!

There isn't much to tell actually, so I think I better finish this post, with some freebies of course and perhaps have another coffe, in the garden, now that it is still a bit cool there. It is a real luxury for us to be able to open the garden doors at 7 in the morning you know! So let us count our blessings and not be whining about the warm weather. Who knows, what sucking weather we will have later this year???

I have some "various"clusters of Arlene for you.
Download     HERE

The kit of today is in one colourscheme, named "Always Close to Me".
Have a real nice day !
Download    HERE

P.S.  Take a moment to go to Linda's blog for a sweet quickpage and check out Miriam's blog, she made also some sweet freebies as well as Mat did there!!


7 comments:

Edna B said...

Make sure Jan wears a hat with a brim when he is riding his bike in the sun and the heat. We would not want him to get heat stroke. With the cooler temps coming soon, you will be able to sit out in your garden quite a lot. Next Spring, I will have to get some lawn furniture so that we can sit out too. I'm at work, only an hour and a half to go before I can go home. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 5 post on Aug. 20, 2012. Thanks again.

Bright Eyes said...

Another beautiful creation. Love the soft pinks and mauves in this one. Thanks so much.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 5 post on Aug. 20, 2012. Thanks again.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

thanx again ladies for the lovely gifts, always appreciate them! have a terrific week ahead. hugs!! Mat

HappyScreens said...

Thank you both for another day of beautiful gifts.

Anonymous said...

Hello and Thank you for these great items. You both do such lovely work.
I hope all goes well with Jan's test...
Linda