Monday, February 27, 2023

Took a long time before I could tell

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Here is all going quite well. I keep busy, I go out walking auite a lot(and sometimes also buy myself something nice like something of clothes or tasty things for dinner or chocolate too LOL). And once or twice a week I have  "working days". That means cleaning up something, like last week part of the kitchen and the kitchen windows, or clearing out some stuff,like I got rid of a lot of films on dvd or cd's I don;t listen to and already a few books.

Yesterday I had the courage to do a little work in the garden, like pruning the hortensia's, clearing out a bit the borders from plants that had to go(they won;t flower anymore so better take them away). And it felt quite good to have done that. Pity the weather wan't that nice, it was rather cold so I didn;t stay all too long in the garden. 

Now I have to and finally CAN tell you the very sad news that Edna has passed away. It happened already on the 2nd of February. But the family asked me to wait a bit with telling because they had to inform all family and had to do a lot and of course I promised them. Now I had permission to inform all of you and so I do now. Our beloved Edna isn;t there anymore and I will miss her terribly. Although we never did meet in person, we had a special bond and already for quite some time. She was a long distance friend, with a great heart and lots of humor. I hope she is in a good place where she will have peace and meet her husband and brother again and of course her doggies, she loved so much. 

Rest in peace, dear Edna, and you will always stay in my heart.

I will finish now, I think you understand. Wishing you all a lovely week.


6 comments:

Kay A Harmon said...

I am sad to hear Edna passed away. I came across her blog several years ago and enjoyed checking in on her. She seemed like a very nice lady with a big heart. Thank you for letting us know.

Kathy said...

Thank you for letting us know about Edna. I wondered why she hadn't posted lately. I will miss her.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kyra for the beautiful words for my Mom. She passed in my home quite quickly and was an absolute shock to us all at the quickness of it- but she is no longer suffering and I know she's with her puppies and her friends and family that have also moved on- I'm still trying to work through all my emotions and I know it takes time but I miss her. Thank you for being a great friend to her and I want to also thank all of your blog readers who befriended my mom- she loved blogging and cherished all of her blogging friends. Thank you again Kyra- with much Love, Edna's daughter Deanne ❤️

Anonymous said...

Dear Kyra, you don’t know me, but I followed your blog when you posted all those beautiful scrapbooking items and Edna’s too..
I was sorry to hear of Jan’s passing and pray that you will find peace.
Thank you too for letting us know about Edna, she too will be missed.
Regards Elaine (Elee).

Beth Reed said...

Kyra,
Like you I promised to keep the news to myself until I had permission, and it was so shocking. I Miss her so very very much. She had such a huge heart and so much love for you. She was always speaking so highly of you.

I love this picture of Miss Edna. She bought that dress at a flea market in Florida and couldn't wait to wear it. I did our small laundry, and she was insistent that was washed first lol. She was such a fun character. I loved her so much.

Let's catch up soon. xxx

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kyra for such a beautiful way of honoring mom & her passing. You have been a great friend to her. She loved blogging and everyone of you who followed her and those she followed as well. Big Hugs Audrey ( her oldest)