Sunday, February 19, 2023

Homebringing

 Goodafternoon everybody!

It's a bit of a dull day today, it is cloudy, not really cold, around 9C, but no nice weather. It will stay this way about the whole week, here and there some rain.

I think I am doing okay, although in a way it still sinlt real all waht happened. Still this week there was a rather important day, last Monday. That day my friend Heidi and me went to the crematorium to receive Jan's ashes. As you know I want him to give his last restplace somewhere in a beautiful spot in nature, which we will do later this year when good weather is there. But for now, we brought him home and it is a good feeling somehow.Every day I light a little candle near his foto and more or less the whole time I am speaking to him about things I do or watch at tv. It feels good to do so and most of the time I don;t feel very sad, you know. I think it is just my way to cope with the situation and why not?

I try to get out of the house almost every day, may it for short or longer time, because it feels good to sniff some fresh air and do some walking. Every now and then I find a nice buy(mosty lately cuddly and warm fleece like sweaters, I can wear in the evening. I found a couple that are really comfortable and also warm to wear.

Also did again a little bit of clearing out again, it wil take me still a long time to do all I want, but it keeps me busy. May be next week I will take courage in my two hands and start with painting the larger part of the hallway . Not promising anything, but it should be a good thing to do. I also am not all the time alone, because I still got a visit every day from Muppet, the "lease-cat"as I call her. This morning she was there too and has just left again, after having something to eat and drink of course.

This evening I will have for dinner, some roasted potatoes, and  I willl try my hand on some fennel from the oven, think it will taste well, and as meat I will have some tenderloin, which will be enough for tomorrow too. I do have a cooked meal every day, except for sometimes on Friday or Saturday, but that's okay. 

Good, slowly it is getting time to have something to drink, I am not sure yet, if I will have tea or a cup of chocolate or perhaps another coffee. Oh, those decision one sometimes has to make LOL!

Wishing you all a wonderful week, stay safe and healthy.


3 comments:

Sandi said...

💙

Anonymous said...



I think you are doing very well. God bless. x

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hello Kyra, one day at a time is the best way to deal with such sadness as you have experienced. Going outdoors for fresh air and a walk and cooking are also things I enjoy.