Sunday, January 15, 2023

Week with being busy!

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Last week we had quite some rain and at times it was accompanied by some strong wind. But temperatures were not too bad, around 8-12C. At the moment it is dry but I think there will be more rain and also next week. Pity that temperature will drop again, not drastically but still lower than we had. May be there will be even some slight nightfrost here at the coast. I don;t hope it is the announcement for having a late winter time in February and March! I never was a person for long winter and cold temperature, so I cross fingers that soon that will be over with.

Last week I was filling the birdfeeders and looked around in the garden. Gosh, when temperatures will go up again I will have to do a lot of work in Spring, but that is for later. What catched my eyes were two bigger containers that showed already sprouting tulips and daffodils! The tulips are just above the soil but still! And as I saw that it was as if my Jan gave me a lte birthday present. It was he who planted the bulbs a few weeks before he had to go to hospital. So now I hope they will come out good and flower well. Yeah, seeing that made me smile with a little tear, but it felt good.

The other weekend I took away the Christmas decorations and saw how much we gathered during the years! So I decided to clear that out this week. And I went into towncentre to buy me a few plastic storage boxes, to get rid of the large cardboard boxes. Now I still have quite a bit of Christmas decoration, but I was hard to myself and got rid of a lot of things. I hope I can donate them perhaps to a charity store or so. Then I also started to clear out more things, that will go some day with the bulky waste collection service. It's a start for that, more will follow I am sure. The one thing I still didn;t start to do is clearing out Jan's clothes and other things. I am not yet ready for that, I want to wait with it till after his birthday on the 29th of January at the least. It feels now a bit too soon.

Oh, I was this week also in a thrift store, just to see if I could find perhaps one or two easy to read books and I ended up with 7 big fantasy books for Séverine(she is very much in reading those kind of books at the moment). So I sent her  whats app when in the shop to ask her if she knew the writer. She didn;t but right away looked him up on the internet and answered it was something that she would read. Well, with some apping back and forth I bought 7 books of a serie , hahahh. Lucky I had my shopping car with me, otherwise it had been far too bulky and heavy. Séverine apped me that she would pick them up some time and would pay me then(of course those books cost almost nothing in those stores). But I will give those books to her as an earlier birthday present(she has her birthday in February). 

So all together I had a good week, cooked well for myself(sometimes portions enough for two days , but that's okay, isn;t it?). I had potatoe mash with sauerkraut, one day with a hamburger and another day with a fried chicken leg(we call it here a drumstick). Another day I had spaghetti with tomatoe sauce and some yoghurt as desert. Today I will make myself a piece of salmon with some potatoe out of the oven and I;ve made some applesauce compote. So that should do for today. 

As you see I am keeping myself busy, which is a good thing. I also go out every day or sometimes I skipp one day, but it is good to go out into the fesh air and keeping the legs in motion. 

Now it is time to have perhaps a chocolate drink and watch a bit of tv and then later make my little dinner.

Wishing you all a wonderful week and stay safe and healthy!

No comments: