Sunday, October 16, 2022

Disaster struck again, yeah.

 Goodevening everybody.

Weather report: we've had a few days with rain, but today it was sunny again and next days it will be mostly dry too and still nice temperature, around 15-18C.

What happened? Well, I wanted to buy some stamps on line, so treid to do that (I did before and all worked well), but this time I got stuck in my bankaccount. Couldn;t advance in it, so I tried the app on my phone. There it said my card was out of date! Hmmmmmmm????? Normally the bank sends a new one well before the expiration date. I checked on my card and it said it was okay till octobre 2022. Oops, that was close.So just by mere coincidence I found out I had quickly get a new one. Phoned the bank, was helped really good and they would send me a new one, but in the mean time I coudn't use the old one anymore. Lucky Jan has his card and I had some cash money around. But it is very akward. Yesterday I got the new one in the post and it also works. 

Next think is we have another leak. Remeber I told you about the one several weeks ago? Well, the fixed it, but they said also it was for sure temporary, because the whole pipe was at the end and porous(that part is still a lead one). I noticed it Thursday, so shut the watermeter and called my plumber(in the evening, I normally don;t do that if possible). well, he knew about the pipe(this was the father, the sons came the other day to fix the 1st leak)He couldn;t come next day, so now Ihe will call me Monday morning to se when he can come over and has time to fix it. It will probably be quite some work and very good possible they have to break via the showerroom.If so, we might let him redo all the showerroom, so that will look fresh and sparky again and with good pipesetc. Will not be very cheap but better do it properly now and have no more trouble(we hope). So now we tap once ot twice a day quickly some water in buckets, but I will be happy when that will be over. It is sooo annoying not being abe to tap water as ou normally do. And you cannot do a lot of things. We have to shut down the watermeter, because there will leak soooo much water that we would have to pay again a large sum of money at the anual statement of the watercompany. Good, let's hope my plumber has time next week to do the job, and that the costs of all will not be enormous!

Some good news too. Jan went Thursday to the doctor to hear the results of all the scans and she told him they didn;t find anything at all to worry about, so she is a bit puzzled why Jan has from time to time these attacks in his intestines(let's be happy they don;t occur very often), but all looked good enough inside. So that was good news and I noticed Jan was relieved too.

I just have one thing I am worrying about and that is about Miss Edna. She isn;t posting for quite some time now, I did email her but didn;t received an answer(which isn;t like her at all). So I have this request: Anybody who is reading this and also reads Miss Edna's blog perhaps one of you has phone contact with her or knows something more, could ou be so kind to let me know something? You can mail me at the address on this blog(look at the right side). I would be very happy to know something.

And Edna, if you read this, please send me a little message. I do hope everything is okay with you!!!

So now I will end this post, have a quiet evening and on to next week! Wishing you all a wonderful week to come.


No comments: