Sunday, July 10, 2022

Summertime(weather) is coming again.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

It is a little bit cooler the last couple of days, around 20C, but not bad, in fact almost no rain and still a lot of sun. But in the next few days temperatures will rise and it will be towards 25-28C and in some parts of the country even warmer! 

It was a nice week, with not much commotion or events, still it rushed away and I must have done a lot of things, but what exactly?????? Our garden looks still lovely, some plants were at there end(like some pansies, so you can guess what I bought this week? Yes, a few new plants. I will make a photo of them next week, when they had a bit of time to settle and look more gorgeous LOL.

I got a letter from the hospital with an appointment for en eye function test. Gosh, that took them time! It should have be done a lot earlier, but with all the covid stuff all appointments like that were postponed when it was possible. Test will be in august. They will certainly see my cataract and I think they will operate now the other eye. It is a good thing they can do that, but it is a bit of a hassle. When a operation would be planned, a few weeks before I have to start dripping several eyedrops every day for quite some time, and afterwards it also is some hassle and then a new pair of glasses is needed also, so it costs money(quite some) too, because the old one will be no good anymore, But I can notice something has to be done, I have sometimes some trouble reading on the computer and textes too when they are written so small(as a lot of things are written in very tiny letters). Anyway, first hear what the test will bring and then worry about the rest.

This week the Eirpean Championship Women Soccer(or as we call it Football) have started. Yesterday our team played their first match against Sweden and it wasn;t very good, also not very bad, they ended in a 1-1. So it will be necessary for our team to win the next two matches and with preference with a lot of goals. 

I already prepared our dinner for today, as one match starts already a 6.00 p.m. I've made a simple meal, just macaroni with some minced meat(of course with a litle more, like a lot of onion in it, as well as small diced paprika and oh yes, I also had some mushrooms left so I added them too. That all mixed together with some grated cheese and tadaaaaa, ready. Just have to shove it in the oven and make a bit of salad. And I've made enough for tomorrow too, so that will be completely easy and I can spend time on other things. Have to do a laundry, so that the washing machine will be empty and then Jan and I will take off  our net curtains somewhere this week and wash them. It will be good weather for that, because with the warm weather expected we can hang them still wet and they will dry superfast.

Now it is time to watch a bit of tv (there is cycling of the Tour de France) and there is quite a difficult ride for the cyclists today with some mountains to climb. Not yet the highest and most difficult, that will be for next week, but still tempting enough. Then after that time to put the dinner in the oven and them there is the football and later this evening another match, and then after all that sport we still have some recorded detectives etc. to watch. So you see, we don't have time to get bored.

I wish you all a wonderful week, hopefully you all will have good weather, and stay safe.

1 comment:

Edna B said...

It's always fun to buy new plants. No excuse needed. It's good that you finally got your eye appointment. Your macaroni sounds delicious. Pasta is one of my favorite foods. I could eat it every day. Enjoy your day my friend, hugs, Edna B.