Sunday, July 03, 2022

Flowers is all I see in the garden(and some snails)

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Today we have good weather, but no so very warm, around 18C in general, but in the sun it is a bit warmer. Next week it will be around 20 or 21C, perhaps a drop of rain in between. For me it could be a whee bit warmer, let's say around 25C, but I am not complaining. we can have the garden doors open, we can sit on the patio in the sun or under the umbrella if it is too much sun. It is nice it isn;t raining that much, but it brings also work. For all the containers and pots need water when the sun is shining almost all day. And when there isn;t enough rain, we have to water the garden too. But I don;t mind. When you bring some love to your garden it gives you a lot back in return.

when it isn;t raining that much, we have not so much trouble with the nacked snails, but every now and then I go hunting for them, I know by now which plants they prefer and I do feel like a bit of a murdered, but they must stay away from my beautiful plants, isn;t it? And I am sure there are enough left to continue the population, hahaha.

It was a nice, but rather quiet week as always, although I am happy to say I have done again some needed work in the house, that on one or two days this week. But I also took a bit of "free time"and went into town centre to look around what is new and perhaps find something in sale what is interesting. I did find a kind of jogging suite, which will be great to wear in the evenings this autumn and even winter, and for a very low price in sale.

Also found again a few Christmas presents, small things, but nice. My wardrobe place where I keep those assembled presents gets well filled already. I am glad, it saves time at the end of the year when it is necessary to send away boxes in time so they will surely arrive in time. And you know what? It is also kind of surprise for me to look at the presents when they need to be wrapped. I know more or less what i bought but there are always things you forgot and seeing them makes me often smile.

Jan got good news from his doctor about the endoscopy. No strange or worrying sthings seen, so all is as well as could be expected in his condition, even a bit better. Well, that is something to be happy about.

Today we've made a phonecall to Heidi's husband who has his birthday today. They don;t make a big party, they have just one or two friends for a short visit. I asked him his age now, and he already is 60 today! Gosh, I didn;t think he already had that age. So you see how fast life often goes.

Yesterday (like on almost all Saturdays) I've made us something quick for dinner and this time I found a recipe that I adapted a bit but came out very tasty. I've marinated a little bit of chicken filet, cut in small strips, and later on fried them in a pan, together with some small cut bacon, in another pan I had some ready to use mix of vegetables(like some tauge, leek, onion, paprika) . I added small pieces of pineapple to it, that all took only a few minutes in the pan, then added the chicken/bacon mix, gave it a good stirr, ready. On a plate I prepared two leaves of little gem salad(you could also take ice salad leaves or whatever suites you), filled them with the mix, added as last things some dices avocado with a little bit of lemon juice, and sprinkled  a spicy mayonnaise (with some chili and pepper in it) to it. It was really yummie! For us two small leaves filled where enough, I had some ciacabatta (italian kind of bread) with garlic butter to it.

If you like to experiment and want something quick for lunch or even dinner you should try it out. I  have two photo's of the web to gie you an example how it could look(mine were a bit more filled, hahaha)


 
 
And to end this post happy, I show you some photos from the garden
My last buy for the garden(for now), such a happy color of these Coreopsis)
Petunia, bought it as a small plant start of May and look the waterfall of flowers now(and such a special one)
The Hortensia's are starting to flower, this is not yet a very big one, but is from a self grown  cutting, fantastic isn;t it?
Abought strawberrie plant, and every few days Jan has one or two delicious strawberries from it and there are still lots more to come, if I look at the flowers.
A beautiful Pelargonium, I have to make a cutting of it later this year.
Also a container with 4 Pelargonium, in another color.

And this is a beautiful white French Pelargonium, I do want to find one or two more of those, but in another color, they are really beautiful.

So, all there is to do is wishing you all a wonderful week, hope I brought a little smile on your faces with the flowers. Till next Sunday.



2 comments:

hummerdawn said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! I love seeing them! Thanks for sharing.
Weather here is very cool, windy and rainy yet and I think that is what our summer will be like. Very, very cool at nights.
Glad to hear Jan's test went well. That is great.
Your dinners always sound so yummy. Things that I haven't heard of before being Canadian. Lol.
Enjoy your summer days. Hugs.
Dawn

Edna B said...

It must be wonderful to sit on your patio and enjoy all these gorgeous flowers. They really are beautiful. Hugs, Edna B.