Sunday, June 19, 2022

In spending mood this week.

 Goodafternoon everybody.

Today we have a not as good weather as we had last couple of days. We reach about 17C, now some sunshine, but rain is expected also. Last couple of days we had really warm weather of around 28-30C here. Gosh, that was something to get used to again. Okay, that might be somewhat too warm, but next week we will get again nice weather with temps of ca. 23-25C, little wind, not very much rain either.

This week Jan and I were in a spending mood, hahaha. We went together to an electrical shop, where they sell all kind of things, and also raidio;s telephones, all kind of things. It was easy to reach with one tram that stopped almost in front of the shop.Good for Jan of course. Well, anyway we needed a new phone (we still have an öld-fashioned" phone by cable, and that one was at the end of its life. Now we have a new one, with big buttons, the kind of "senior-phone"Wonderful!!!

Then Jan wanted a little radio or perhaps radio-alarm clock next to his side of the bed. He is often awake at night and likes to listen to some radio then. We found a nice little thing, but I must say that it isn;t that easy to handle and preset all  that is needed. I explained the most necessary things to him, but I don;t know if he remembers it all. Perhaps we should have looked a bit more before buying this one. We still can return it, if we want, so I will talk about it with him this week. Then we also bought a new radio, this one has DAB+ on it, and even has a cd player, for me it works okay, and is enough, because we don;t listen all too much to radio. I think in time we will be happy enough with it, And I bought me a printer, finally! I still have to install that, I just hope it will not be to complicated. I know, it shouldn;t be, but when that said, I know I will encounter some problems with it,for sure. But.... one day it will work and will be a good feeling to be able to print some things when necessary, like some bills they only send by email these days etc.

It was some money spent, all together not too expensive, now we just have to familirize ourselves with the new equipment. You know they say that new techmics make it easier for us, but sometimes I am not really convinced by it. Where is that radio/tuner, where you just have to turn a button to get your station? Or the one that had a simple to use preset system, much easier than a lot of them sold now. Or is it just my age that is playing tricks with me???? Perhaps a bit of the two LOL.

We have a lot of flowers now in the garden and I made a few photos for you.

Isn;t that a beautiful rose? And there are several more just opening.
These are such happy flowers, and only completely opening when there is enough sunshine.
A container we changed, I bought a Canna and love the plant. Hopefully it will get through winter and bloom even more next year.
And I couldn;t resist buying this dahlia(I bought two of them) Aren;t they of a wonderful yellow color?
And this is a spot in about the middle of the garden, and old little chair, holding a few containers with lovely flowers and a bird bath too.

Oh, I see that Jan is busy reading the manual of the new radio set. Is it just me who things so, or are they writing those manuals often too complicated? I do have at times real trouble to understand them. Only after reading it several times(and of course first making 10 times or more mistakes) I get a grasp of it. I hate installing new equipment and amd really happy when at times somebody else does the trick. 

Good, time to get something to drink now and have a lazy sunday afternoon.

Wishing you all a wonderful week to come.

3 comments:

Edna B said...

Your garden is beautiful. Such wonderful blossoms! I agree about user manuals being difficult to understand. Of course, it might just be me!

It's fun to go shopping and get some interesting things. Radios can be good to have. The TV that I ordered for the porch came a couple days ago so I'm hoping that Eddie can hook it up soon. I'll be able to watch my programs while I'm out on the porch. Woo Hoo!

I ate really early this morning so now I'm heading for the refrigerator to see about making some lunch. So, enjoy your day my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Your flowers are beautiful! We finally managed to get ours in, in between cold, wind and rain. Lots and lots of rain and that is going to be our summer this year.
Heat up and down also. One day 45C and next day maybe 19C. Bah!!
Happy you got your printer. They are so handy to have. And the phone and radio. Good stuff!!
Take care and enjoy your summer. It at least will be better than the last 2 covid summers!
Dawn.

Edna B said...

Your flowers are awesome! That canna lily is gorgeous! And that rose is simply beautiful! It must be awesome to sit out in your yard.

I agree about the manuals. I have a lot of trouble figuring them out most of the time. I, too, prefer having someone else set things up for me. I don't understand a lot of the newer technology.

My laptop is trying to install new updates so I best get off for now. You have a super week my friend, hugs, Edna B.