Sunday, December 05, 2021

Many kids will have nerves today!

 Goodafternoon everybody!

It is getting a bit colder here, we have some rain, it differs how much in every region, temperatures are around 5-6C at day, so still not really bad. It depends how much wind we have and from which direction.

Today is a great day for kids, despite the Covid. Today Saint Nicolas is visiting and if not in person, for sure with a lot presents. It always is an exciting time for kids and it is a fantastic gholiday, it is a bit like Father Christmas in other part of the world. This is our Sinterklaas and his assistant.

For us it was a pretty quiet week, I tried to stay home as much as possible for a change, and most of the time I was in the kitchen( I like spending time on dinner and trying out sometimes new recipees), or at the computer, browsing a bit and playing some games. Normally I don;t download a lot of games from Microstore but I like match-3 games and they have some very nice ones at the moment Of course there are always in-app stuff to buy, but you can play very well without spending money, it probably takes a bit longer go through a game, so what? I like Jewels of Egypt and Jewels of Rome. Once you start with a game time seems to fly, gosh!

Oh I have some news about Muppet. Remember perhaps we missed her for several days? Well a neighbour who has pets himself, also was wondering what happened, he came to us to ask if we knew something As we didn;t he went to the lady who owns the cat to ask if all was okay. Well, that was the case. She tries now to keep her inside as much as possible, and she asked if we wouldn;t give the cat any food anymore. She said that she liked the cat slender and now it was getting a bit too fat. Hmmmmm, I am not happy with it but I will stay strong and not give any food anymore. Lucky, I didn;t see Muppet the whole week, but our neighbour still does. And bad news, Yesterday morning she was in front of our kitchen door. What to do now? Well, I didn;t let her in, and perhaps she will not come back anymore. But my heart ached, you can believe that! I have a feeling the lady who owns Muppet isn;t really womeone who cherishes a pet and takes real good care. Well, perhaps I am wrong. Nevertheless it is strangee that the cat still comes here and I don;t think it is just for food. Might also be for some attention, and cuddling etc. But okay, no more Muppet inside, that will be the best, unless I see that she still comes around and doesn;t look good. Then perhaps I should go and talk to the lady, but I hope it will not be necessary.

Good, after today, which is a relax day, tomorrow will be a busy day. We will start decorating for Christmas. We always wait till after Sinterklaas, although I rather would have started already this past week. It gives a bit more time and possibility to do it in bits and pieces. But Jan is completely against it, LOL!

So next two days I guess we will be decorating, I will try however not to to too much, but manger and tree will be there and some extra lights too on some garlands. And a few statues too, so still quite some work. 

But it will look so cosy again when all is ready and then it will be slowly time to think about dinner at Christmas. Seems far away, but if possible I want to get most of the stuff in advance, to avoid the big crowd in the few days before. It still will be a strange Christmas, with all that covid stuff still going on, but we will try to make the most of it.

If all works well in the schedules and plans of the government, we might get our boostershot somewhere in January. Not too soon, but at least they do it. Still there is still a to big part of the population without a vaccination and that is causing most of the prblems, for all in the hospitals. Bigger part of the patiensts with covid are the non vaccinated, so that tells something. In the big cities, like Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht, vaccination coverage( or percentage if you want) is around 77%, while all over the country it is around 85%, which is not bad(that's all above 18 years old, but about the same if counted all above 12 years old too).It is however a shame that so many people are afraid to take the vaccination, because of non-information or dis-information. That should be changed somehow.

Oh, it is getting rather dark in the room already, so tim to lit a lamp, and then watch perhaps a bit tv and soon make our dinner, will be some chili beans(left over from yesterdays tortilla wraps), with some fish and some fries, yummie, It has been some time since we had French fries. It will taste good, with some mayonaise.

Good, I wish you all a lovely week, stay safe please.


2 comments:

Edna B said...

Oh my, poor muppet. I think you should let her in when she comes around. She's in need of a bit of loving. And feed her if she seems to be hungry. She doesn't understand how that mean old woman is. My heart hurts for the poor kitty kat.

Our tree was put up over the weekend. The lights look really nice in the evening. That's about all the decorating we do.

I'm glad that you'll be getting your booster shots. Every bit helps to keep us safe. I love French fries. I hope you enjoyed yours.

Now I'm off to get started on this new day, big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Oh poor Muppet. Cats are very affectionate and need a lot of attention. Maybe after a while and she's slimmed down, she will be allowed out again. (Lol)
Wow 6 more days till Christmas. It snuck up quickly! We have had a great winter so far but now the temps are falling badly but we can't expect anything else is my part of the world. Our covid variant is on a rampage and I really think we may go down in at least partial lock down again. So sad. I am so tired of wearing a mask and I have COPD so it sure doesn't help with the breathing. And I refuse to go anywhere without one. Lol.
Hope this finds you both well and a Merry Christmas to you and Jan.