Sunday, October 17, 2021

I am almost into the 21th century hahahahaha

 Goodafternoon everybody!

It is a bit gray today, but dry, later this week we will have a day or two with temperatures that may reach 18C, unbelievable. But it still is rather quiet autumn weather most of the time.

Last week I first had to make a call to my insurance company to ask if they might have forgotten to send me a bill? I receive one every 3 months, it is easier to pay in parts during the year. They had sent me one, but I didn;t receive it, neither the new policy. Perhaps the post didn't deliver or the postman put it into some elses mailbox. Anyway, they sent me again, so I could pay and wouldn;t have trouble later on.

Then Wednesday I went to the bank to have some instructions on how to do internet banking. Seems all pretty forward, so next week I think I will try it out. I had a very nice and patient lady there, and she also put the app on my phone. Wow, now I am bound to use that phone a bit more, because I also have put the QR corona check code on it, Yeah, you see, suddenly in big steps I moved into a new area of computing and such, LOL!

Now I will try to get a small package send by first filling in the form on internet, probably paying by internet banking and finally being able to send it away to the USA. I hope all will go smoothly. It is always a bit scary to try out new things, don;t you think?

Sad news to tell too. We don;t see our lease cat Muppet anymore. I have no idea if she is still around or not, but it is a bit strange she suddenly disappeared. Let's hope all is well with her.

Oh, last week Jan and I received a letter from our doctor to get our flu vaccination. Somewhere the 17th of November it will be. Of course we will go there, as we do every year. And I hope a lot of people will have this c=vaccination, as well still a lot of people should get the covid vaccin. Everybody might think it is almost done with, but be careful, the covid is still around and we will notice it this winter, I am sure.

Good time to finish this post, and have a look at my beef stew, that I have in the oven(this time). I never made it in the oven before so it is a try-out more or less. And I still have some fresh spinach left from last week, I will fry that with some garlic and onion and make us a few boiled potatoes. The spinach I used for  small lasagna I made earlier this week. And it tasted so well, even Jan did like it more than usual, (he isn;t very much for pasta stuff). I made it with some minced meat, the fried spinach, mushrooms, onion, bit of mozarella, that in two layers in between the lasagna sheets, with some tomatoe sauce in the minced meat and as last some bechamel and grated cheese on it. Yummie, and I will make it again some day.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, stay safe.

3 comments:

Edna B said...

You really are getting to be a tekkie! You are braver than me. I don't do much on my phone except texting and photography. I keep an eye on Facebook to see what's happening. I just don't post there. I already got my shots so I'm all set for a while.

Your lasagna sounds delicious except for the mushrooms. I don't do mushrooms. I haven't made lasagna since my brother passed away. It was one of our favorite meals. There's no one to cook for now so I don't cook very often.

I do hope your Muppet kitty is okay. I worry about the little animals outside wandering around homeless. I'm a softee when it comes to the animals. Now I'm off to maybe take out the trash. You have a super week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Hello Kyra, I'm sorry I haven't written to you or even read your postings. I'm not sick but I am a little bit impaired. My lungs are not as good as they were years ago so I'm a little slower. I have a Nurse for 12 hours a day and with my crafts I sort of waste away a whole day or two. I'm guessing that next month I will have 24 hours of Nurses hanging around. Taking my temp, monitoring my vital signs and cooking my meals. I'm not allowed in the kitchen without supervision since I forgot to turn off a burner one day. New rules for the old lady.

I'm walking with a walker but at least I can still walk upright. Not confined to a wheelchair yet. They don't want me to fall.

This week I've been painting a ceramic of the Nativity scene. I've got 5 pieces done and another 5 or so to go. I'll have pictures some day soon. I will have it done for Christmas. My youngest Grand Son is making a Manger out of some sticks his mother got for him to build it. It will make a great gift to my youngest grand daughter, if she want's it.

I've got to get busy with my painting so I'll try harder to use my computer more often.

Have a good week and stay safe. God Bless!
Corrine

hummerdawn said...

I will give you an A+ for venturing into new areas-the internet banking and such. It is handy for those small things that take up time if having to do by being in person.
Sorry to hear about the cat but maybe it found a new family? Hopefully.
We have a fairly new kitten and a very old chihuahua. Well, the cat makes the dogs life really miserable but it is funny to watch them interact together.
Our temps are going down, down, in a couple of days. To be sure, Halloween is on it's way and that always turns out to be a miserable cold day.
Take care and stay safe. My flu shot this Wednesday. Have had it every year since they came out along with the pneumonia shot.