Sunday, October 10, 2021

Experienced slightly better weeks than this one

 Goodafternoon everybody.

Our weather is getting somewhat colder, although we still have periods with some sunshine. But for now it is around 15C, later this week it might get to only 13C with some rain.

As I expected after the week with Jan being not too well, now it was my turn to have a bad day, or better said night. last Thursday evening already my stomach began to protest and during the night I had a annoying kind of feeling, not really pain, but uncomfoy and then it is best for me to get up and sit on the couch. It helped a bit, but a you can imagine I didnt get much or almost no sleep. And that is a bad thing for me. So Friday I was happy that the nasty stomach feeling slowly went away, but I was completely out of business. I did catch a nap in the afternoon, did me some good, and by yesterday all was almost normal again. 

Just before al this started I ould help Jan a bit with putting all waste outside and it was picked up all on Friday morning. Yes, that was a good thing.

But I had a unpleasant surprise this week when I went to the postoffice to mail a tiny little package to the Usa to my friend Edna and they said to me that they couldn;t accept it there. I first had to announce it online with the post, giving all content etc. Then had to pay online and then print a custom form and bring that with the package to the postoffice. Well, sounds not so difficult only there were a few obstacles:

I have (yes I know I am living in the Ice Age LOL)no internetbanking, so how can I pay for the package? And second I still have no printer(Ialmost have no use for it so I postponed that every time). Well, I was a bit in a bad mood. It isnlt something our post asks, it is ordered by the USA, they want to know all in advance. Before this I could go to the postoffice, fill in a small custom form, pay there and ready. Now I had to contact my bank to settle internet banking possibility, I had on the phone a nice lady that helped me well. Soon I will receive a call from them to make an appointment that they can visit me home and install and or explain all.Then I called the post(gosh to find a telephonenumber to have actually someone on the phone is hard work)and after I got someone I was told that it is possible to let the custom form print at the postoffice where I want to deliver the package. That was some result. But now all depends on the bank how quick they will react and if I will be able to send this package still on time and then there is the Christmas box too.What a mess, caused by customs of the USA. I am not pleased. But dear readers, soon this lady will be all modernised, with internet banking and all, and yes you are allowed to laugh about it.

It was a week of getting things done(planned or not hahahah) and I also called our plumber for an appointment to clean our central heating kettle. Has to be done every year, and gosh, he came several hours later after my call. Good, done also.

Oh, as cherry on the cake of misfortune suddenly we had trouble with our tv, specially when looking back the recorded stuff. Suddenly it seemed the internet connection necessary for it wasn't good enough, so every few minutes the image stood still or we got a kind of error code on the screen. I finally tried to call the customer service of the cable company, (also difficult to get hold of someone in person), and the guy gave a solution that for that moment was good enough. Seems they are uupdating or having maintenace of the modem, all okay by me, but every time they do so, there is something wrong with the connection, or media box or whatever. Very annoying and I don;t unerstand why. And by all, we pay quite some money for the monthly subscription. The most irritating thing is that first thing they always say, that it migh be caused by a bad cable. Well, the cables are fine and all replaced for new ones not too long ago, so that excuse doesn;t work anymore with me.

Well, folks, did I complained enough about all kind of things in this post? LOL. Forgive me, but sometimes there are those kind of days in a week, let's hope all will come in more quiet waters again next week.

Wishing you all a fantastic week, and stay safe.

As you can understand I had no idea of making some photosof things, so that has to wait for a moment. 

So

1 comment:

Edna B said...

Oh my, you are giving me giggles this morning. I don't understand this bit about the online paying and the home visit by the bank. I understand why the mail is so difficult sometimes, but I do think it could be more "user friendly."

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling so good, but I'm glad that you are okay ow. Lots of folks around here have been catching light colds. I think it has to do with the change in temps.

We have the same problems with the cable here. And we get the same excuses. And it costs a lot every month for the privilege of putting up with their nonsense. Some days we just can't win!

You take care of you my friend, big hugs, Edna B.