Sunday, March 07, 2021

Not the best week

 Goodmorning everybody!


Weather is no really nice, we have moments with a bit sunshine, but most times it is cloudy, with cold wind, so we stick around 5-6C and at night at the moment there is some light frost. It could be next week we will have some rain, but also one or two days with stormy weather, and then it should calm down again. We'll see what comes.

Last week wasnlt the week I could wish for, because almost all week now Jan is in hospital. Monday morning I heard him make some funny noise, asked him what was the matter(he was still in bed), and he told me he had belly pains almost all night, already started the day before. I asked him if I should call the doctor, that was affirmative so I did. Doctor came around 12.30, checked and called for ambulance, he didn't want to take any risk( our doctor calls Jan a "fragile patient").

Jan was checked, all went rather quick and they said he should stay. He already didn't have some bowel movements which is no good sign for him at all. Somewhere it was blocked(although with the medicin he has that should work fine). Fortunately it wasn;t yet a colic, but action was needed of course. They placed a probe through his nose(poor Jan, that isn't a nice thing to experience), He got some medicine and also several clyster(or is it enema?), and they didn;t gave him any food, he only could drink a little bit. That for two days then they tried something with fluid food, like a little bit of soup, he could have some tea, that was all. The rest came in by After about two days he felt already much better, although at times he still had this pain inside, and nothing came out the ""natural way"yet. A bit difficult too, because he didnlt had almost any food.

Last Thursday during the day, the probe was removed, and that made already a big difference for him, concerning eating, which went down much easier of course. So in the evening they gave him a small protion of ground food, that went well, he did not get nauseous, already something to be happy with, yesterday morning a bit of prrodge, I think later even a sandwich, that all went well, only till yesterday at visit hour(once a day, at 3.30 p.m., all because of Covid)he didn't had any stools of any kind natural way. That of course isn't how it should go, so I hope that perhaps today something happened. If not they may be have to take another echo or CT scan or whatever to see what really is blocking it. He is all in all feeling quite okay, has no fever and such, walks himself to the toilet(the other thing is going well, without problems). Yes, it is problematic for now, not yet really disturbing, but not good either. I just have to see this afternoon how things are developping.

As you may be can imagine, nothing much came out of my hands this week. I did some small jobs, mostly figured out what to eat as easy and quick as possible(don't worry, I take care of myself, I do eat in the orning and evening, etc. ). I am a bit of upset and somehow restless, and I must say it is too quiet around here at the moment. We may sometimes wish for a bit of quiet and peace, but this is too long. I do hope it will not be necessary for Jan to stay much longer in hospital, but for now I just don't know. If I have some news, may be today or tomorrow, I will try to make a short post to update, okay?

Now it is about time for a cup of coffe and then I will prepare my dinner, and after that it will be almost time to visit Jan.

Wishing you all  quiet and wonderful week, and stay safe, take care even if you are vaccinated!

2 comments:

Edna B said...

My dear friend, I'm praying for you and Jan. I'm hoping the doctors can find his problem soon and he will be back home with you. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. Hopefully, the nicer weather will be back soon. It will be good for you and Jan to be able to sit out in your garden patio. I'm sending you big hugs and love, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Oh my sweetie. So sorry to hear about Jan's problems. I pray that they find whatever is causing him so much grief. But as you know the best place for him is in the hospital at this time. I understand about the restlessness and quiet. After living with someone for so long it just is very, very hard to be alone. Prayers for you both and I hope you continue taking care of yourself also. Hugs.