Sunday, September 06, 2020

Lot of hospital travels these days LOL

 Goodmorning everybody!

Our weather has improved again the last few days. Temperatures are around 19-21C, but with a lot of sunmoments, so we should not complain at the moment. 

Thos week Jan and I had to go  to the hospital because Jan had to undergo some tests. And as I am a kind of mother hen, I go with him just because he still walks outside with the rollator and it is sometimes tricky in the tram(getting up and then hold balance when tram is using his brakes). No, first he had this week a call from heart surgeon with result of last test, now he wants to do also a CT scan, to be sure all the stents are still okay etc. Well, better a good check than not I say.

And last Thursday Jan had to go to hospital for a gastroscopy. It was middle of the afternoon, a bit annoying, because Jan had to be sober for it, so couldn;t eat anything from around 7.00 a.m. Lucky he could drink something, like water or tea. So we went at time, I "delivered " Jan at the spot, hahaha, and went quickly to town centre to look if I could find that summer/autumn jacket I was looking for. I knew where to go for, now just hoping there wasn;t a that long queue at the cash registers. I was rather lucky, so now I have a very lightweight jacket, that still is warm enough and that I even can fould up and put in a small pouch, easy to carry with you. Wonderful!

The gastroc=scopy went well and quick, but as Jan had a light anesthesia, he had to stay there for about an hour to "sleep"it off. I went there around 4.15 p.m. had to wait a little while and there he came out of the ward. Still a bit sleepy, so I was happy he was awake enough to walk, we catched the tram, came home, had something to eat and Jan went back to.... sleep. Wow, in long time he didn't sleep as much as that day and night LOL!

Just before we went to hospital with the post came the appointment for the CT scan. That should happen next week, but then I saw that it was in another hospital. Normally no a big deal, but this was in one that for us was difficult to go to, bad connection, we had to take two or three lines, one with tram and the others by bus, very unhandy, by taxi it would cost us a fortune(and also difficult with the rollator). So right away I called to hospital to ask if they could change the appointment to another hospital. And in no time(the lady at the phone was wonderful) we had another appointment in another hospital. That one we could go to with the tram we have in front of our house, and it stops in front of the hospital. So we will go there on Tuesday. 

We also signed the contract for the new windows and sent it to the company. (so did our neighbor, we sent it in the same envelope). Now it is waiting for the date they come for the final measuring and then wait for the date they will come to place the stuff. Very exciting times(also very expensive, but it's something that will be for many years, and is an improvement to the house). When the windows will be places, we can go looking for curtains , because we must use probably another kind of systems to hang the curtains. You cannot drill into the posts of these windows, so it will be with a may be magnetic system, or plying curtains or whatever). We like to have the upper part of the windows free and the lower part covered by net curtains and we also want to have new drapes(the old ones are really old and a bit de-coloured and so). It's more Jan who likes to have the upper part free from netcurtains, for me that isn;t really necessary, and is we would take "whole"ones, it would be much easier to hang them. Just with a rail against the ceiling or wall. But all that we can do only when the new windows with windowsill are placed. Oh, there is a lot of planning etc. coming our way towards the end of the year! Somehow we will survive it, LOL, and I hope at the end we will be happy with the result.

I am still knitting every now and then, although I first should put together the blankets that are more or less finished. Well, I have the panels done, so now I must crochet them together and see what edge I will make to it. In the mean time I started another one, LOL. As I was in town this week for the jacket I also bought a bit of new yarn. Couldn;t resist it. I will make this into a smaller afghan, just to use when taking a little nap on the couch. That's at least the idea.

We'll see when I get that finished, It keeps me busy with my hand during watching tv, and if I shouldn;t use one or two afghans/blankets, I always can give it away. 

Oh boy, it's time I wake up Jan, time passes quickly when writing the blogpost. Then we could take a cup of coffee and may I will right away make our dinner for this evening then I only will have to put it in the oven later today. Seems a good plan( we will have mashed potatoe with sauerkraut mixed together, it is a dish that is made quite a lot here in Holland). Probably I will make too much for one day, so for tomorrow it will be the same(but it tastes always better the second day). There will be little slices of fried bacon in it too to give it a bit more taste.

It looks nice outside, so may be later today I can do a bit of pruning and cleaning up in the garden. May be Jan can even start to put some tulip bulbs in pots, so we will have nice flowers next spring. He can do it when sitting down, and I can bring him the things he need, and it will be good for him to do something again. He feels so "useless"at the moment, which I utterly can understand. He is yet in no position to do a lot, but slowly he gets better and more steady on his feet. It is just a matter of time.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, and stay safe.

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Wow, so many doctor visits! That would tire me out. I'm glad that Jan is still doing better. I agree it would be nice for him to sit in the garden and pot some bulbs.

I have a lightweight short coat that is good for mostly year round. Because I travel in my car most of the time, I don't get much use from my heavy jacket. Of course, this year no coat is getting much use.

Do take photos of your finished blankets. I can't wait to see them. I think it's wonderful that you will be getting your new windows soon. Happy curtain hunting.

Now I'm off to make a cup of coffee (I haven't had any yet) and maybe I'll crochet for a while. You have a wonderful day my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

I've been very forgetful lately but I did finish one of the posts that say if your smart or not. I read through the post at lightning speed and then when I got make my remarks, I bragged and said I'd passed my 2nd Dementia test with flying colors. I guess I'm not over the hill yet!
I have all 27 Santas on the shelf in the dining/living rooms. Then Denise put a string o small lights along the front edge and they look so good up there. Then she put some of the same led light strings along the front of the Bears on the other side of the room. There will be pictures soon...as soon as I learn how to work Denise's camera. Or I give up and get myself another camera. Not very expensive but it should take a good picture.
Have a Doctor's appointment this afternoon with the Podiatry guy and maybe he can get my large toes to quit growing inward. Been doing it for a few years now but now I can't reach them to cut them so I have to have an expert do it. The Pedicure didn't go well because the man doesn't know how to work with ingrown nails so I yelped in the salon and my daughter said to quit she can't take that pain.
Doing great so far and I'm getting ready for the holidays.
Got to go..You take care and be safe. Prayers for you both.