Sunday, September 27, 2020

All in all it's been quite a good week.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Weather is not really bad, but we could do with littler bit better LOL. Last few days temperatures are around 16-17C, with very much wind and pouring rainshowers every now and then. Yesterday already better, almost no rain and even some sunshine. Today about the same, and more or less for the whole week, you know, asome sun, some rain, temperature will stay 17-18C.

Last Monday I got my referaal for the eyedoctor in hospital, and I made a call that afternoon. Gosh, there are waiting lists there! For now it seems it can take about a month to get a first appointment. I had hoped for a appointment next week or so, but not a chance. Well, we will have to do with that.

Tuesday was a day for grocerie shopping and some housekeeping, I tried to do it all that day, because I had a lunch appointment with Heidi next day and wanted to have some things done, so I could sit with a "clear conscience" hahaha.

Heidi and I would meet at about 1.00 a.m. in town centre. So we did and decided to go to a small cafe-lunchroom nearby our meeting point. It was a nice place, quiet and with a nice range of sandwiches or other yummie things and for a not too high price. We decided to take a cappuccino and a sandwich(french bread it was) with goatcheese. Gosh we got about half of a big baguette, well covered with the cheese and bit of salad. Really fresh and tasting it was. We had a nice chat together, about all kind of things, in all tranquility and it was real nice to so again after a long time. We will try to do it again in a few weeks time.

After we said goodbye I made a quick visit to one ot two shops in town centre, and founc a few nice things. I found a curtain of christmaslights, we can use that for an inside window in our sitting room. Oh my, I was looking for that already for so long and never found the right one, or even sometimes not at all, so when I saw it I bought it. Also bought some birdseed in a shop where it is available in autumn and winter and for a nice price. I will go there for sure lots of times, because birdseed is used a lot in our garden LOL.

Next day Jan and I had to get up rather early, to go to the hospital, appointment with surgeanfor his vains. He had two scans to see if there might be something wrong with a stent they placed in a vain near hos liver. Well, we had good news, it all was still in good order so need for a further appointment at the moment.

It was a bit funny that we had to come to hospital to hear this mesaage, it good have been done by phone too! Never mind, I was glad to hear this result, hopefully all will stay well with Jan for a longer time! He is doing better every week after his fall, we even went to hospital without the rollator. Home again, Jan said it might have been a bit too much, but ...... he made it to and from without to much trouble. And after we had a cup of coffee, he had a good sleep on the couch(not surprising, because he almost didn;t sleep at night and the effort he made with the walk).

Yesterday the weather wasn;t really bad, and I did work for some time in the garden. There were some plants in need of cutting and also replacing and this is about the best time to do it, so I took courage in both hands and went to work LOL. Also cleared up a messy corner in the garden, where we put the pruning stuff, and debries, I filled up 4 big plastic sacs, and it looks much better in that corner again. I just left a little place in "disorder", where there are a few bricks and some soil and some small branches, nice place for a frog or toad that need a place to stay in winter.

Now I think I will sit down with a cup of tea on the couch, watch a bit of sport and take it easy for the rest of the day. Tomorrow I want to do some necessary things, like laundry, ironing, and such, hope I can do a lot in one day. Oh and Wednesday we will have to go for our flu shot.

I wish you all a wonderful week and hope you will stay safe!


2 comments:

Edna B said...

Wow, you've been quite a busy bee. I'd love to have all your energy. I can imagine how nice the lunch with Heidi was. I hope you can get together again soon. Jan did really well. Tell him not to overdo things too soon. And keep that rollator handy nearby. It really comes in handy when you want to go for little walks. You can stop to sit and rest when you get tired.

Your garden must be looking really nice by now. Mine needs so much work but I can't do it. I miss that. But, I can sit out and enjoy the birds and critters. So that's good. I guess nowadays we're lucky to get appointments with our doctors when we need them. I hope your eye appointment goes well. I should get new glasses soon too.

I think I may take a short nap before going out on the porch. My eyes are wanting to close. Yup, that's what I'll do. You take care and have a wonderful week my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Sounds like you had a good week, what with getting some things done in the garden and visiting with friends. I wish I could have a garden to play in but that's not happening until I get to my own place to live. I'm hoping by early summer for that big occasion.

The girls took me on a road trip yesterday to climb up the mountains (in the car) and look over what they call "Lands End" which is the best place to look over and see the Grand Valley and it's gorgeous. When we got out of the car to take some pictures it was a little walk to the abutment they have built to keep us from tripping and going down the mountain on our heads. And the nicest thing besides the view was the bunch of little squirrels that have a habitat up there. They we very small squirrels and I thought they might be babies but maybe they are just supposed to be that small. But I must say the air up there took my lungs a bit of getting used to the thin air at mountain level.

My daughter is here getting me set up with a camera operating on both the front and back door. I'm at the very end of the culdesac and would be a prime field for anyone doing the grab packages off the porch. I'm looking forward to it. Scaring people trying to rob me looks like right down my alley.

Got to run now and get some money over to my grandson. He's working on fixing the man from the company where we get our TV and Internet. It seems he changed the password for the WiFi and now neither of us can print or much of anything else.

Take care of your selves and be safe.