Sunday, August 16, 2020

It was a hot and sticky week!

 Goodafternoon everybody!


We had a real hot and sticky week, yes. Temps did rise over 30C, with practically no wind, adn although we have a rather cool house, we did reach temperatures of around 28C(evening!), so in the sitting room it was kind of okay, but in the bedroom oh gosh, it was warm.

Because of that(and no we don;t have airco and no ventilator, normally we don;t need that) we didn;t sleep very well. Yesterday there was a bit of thunder and lightning, so we hoped there would come a rainshower, and ...... just a few drops and nothing more. Perhaps tonight there might come some rain, let's hope so, it would cool off the air. Still next week we will have good weather with temperatures of around 24C, which is nice summer weather, but better to handle.

As you can imagine we didn't do very much, it was just too much effort LOL. Still I went to city centre one day, lucky that day there was some more wind, and I took the better hours, and I found two pair of shoes in sale, one sandal and one low kind of sportshoe, also two t-shirts for me and two for Jan(these too in sale, and a nice sweather for Jan for just aa few Euro, and even found some presents for Christmas.

It all togethr was a very succesfull mission. That was about the most i did this week, only I think it was on Thursday, i gort a call from Heidi with requiest if i could go to her house in the afternoon to give Tommy a little walk. They were out of town and couldn;t get back early enough for that. Okay, I did it, but I wasn;t all too happy, because it was very hot that day. Never mind, Tommy was happy with me and that made the trip already good for me.

Last Monday Jan went again to the physiotherapist, it all looked good, and the man said for now Jan could do the exercises at home, but if he though something didn;t go well we always could call for a new appointment or advice. And it is going off and on so to say. Some days it goes rather well, and another day he has pain, cannot move too well. I think somewhere this week in his sleep he twisted perhaps the muscle again a bt and therefor was quite in pain the next day. It just will be a long process, with ups and downs.

Tomorrow will be quite a challenge for him. He has a research to be done for his vains at the hospital, so we will have to go by tram and then it will be a little walk to reach the hospital. I think Jan will be able to do it, but nevertheless it will be straining. I am really curious how he will feel after he gets home again. My prediction is, that at the least he will be very tired. And later this week he will have to go to hospital again for another research. And the week after he has an appointment with his doctor in hospital. Pffff, he will notice that he will use the leg a lot!!! Worst of all is that tomorrow's appointment is real early morning so we will have to take the tram quite early, to have enough time to walk in quiet pace to the hospital. 

It will all end well, I think, but at the moment Jan isn;t feeling very happy, because he cannot do the thing he would like, like working a bit in the garden, taking a little walk(without rollator), or moving around without trouble etc. I know it can be very frustrating.

In the mean time we still are kind of busy with the window stuff. I am still waiting for one offer, and then the neighbour and we will have to decide which company we will take, so that all can be done before the end of autumn, I hope.

When that starts(the window placing I mean) next thing will be searching for some new (net)curtains and probably drapes too, because the ones we have yet are very old and showing it slowly LOL. But because the new windows are made with high quality plastic frames(they just look like wooden, but you don;t have to paint them anymore, hoorray), we have to have another system for hanging of the net curtains. It isn;t advoced at all to drill into those frames. But I already saw on the internet that there are special systems for it and quite ingenious too. So aftr we have the windows right away choose some curtains and let them make and I also want them to be hung uup by the curtain shop/company. 

Oh, still so many things that need to be done or bought, but with Jan not able to walk much, that all has to wait for a bit, because we need to go to several shops for it. All will be good in the end, it only will take some more time I guess.

This evening we will have a bun or may be two with some pulled pork meat on it, perhaps a bit of salad aside. I didn't have courage to cook a whole meal today, so the pork I only have to warm up in the oven for may be 25 minutes and we can eat. Very easy and quick and not much trouble too. Tomorrow the temperature will be a few degrees less, so I will cook again kind of properly, hahaha.

That's all, folks, let's see how next week will come on. Have a wonderful week and stay safe!



2 comments:

Edna B said...

I'm wondering if you at least have fans in your house to help keep the air a bit cooler for you. Gosh, I hope so. These hot temps are not good for you. That seems to be an awful lot of walking for Jan.

You'll have to take photos of your windows and curtains once everything is done. I remember how good it felt once I got all my new windows put in.

I need to get serious about my holiday shopping now too. Time is not waiting for this old woman! hahaha. Well, at least I do have some of it done. Today I will work on my laptop moving all my files over to a new portable hard drive. After that, we'll see. Meanwhile, you get a lot of rest during these wicked hot temperatures. Take care of you. Big hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

I'm going to have some really neat pictures in a week or so. The girls and I have undertaken the monumental job of cleaning up all the Santas that I have for the Christmas season. Dani brushed the faces and the beards which were pretty scruffy looking after 3 or 4 years in storage. They turned my dining area into "an Emergency Room" and they cleaned up 27 Santa Dolls and they are standing watch over my living room and dining room with a strip of tiny lights at their feet. The lights can change from one color to another by means of a remote. I think they are really great. There is a shelf that runs from one side of my house to the other and that's where they are keeping watch. There are 27 Santas up there and 2 of them are Mrs. Claus.

The shelf on the other side of the room is filled with the Bears that come out each year with the year embroidered on his right foot. They were wrapped in tissue paper and weren't as bad as the Santas.

The only part left is the shelf over the Pantry at the end of the kitchen which is going to hold the Angels I love to create and buy every Christmas.

I'm staying indoors these days because of the smoke and ashes from a Canyon up the road which is burning out of control from a lightning strike. But I did get a test for the stupid COVID19 mess because one of Denise's friends tested positive and she had been to our house one day before her fishing trip when she got sick. We all tested negative so the family is ok.

I'm going to lye down for a little bit since I'm so old, I'm supposed to nap in the afternoon.

Take care and be Safe
Hugs from Corrine