Sunday, March 29, 2020

Is everybody still holding on??

Goodafternoon everybody!

We had a few quite nice days, dry, much sun, pity the wind was cold, so it felt not as nice as the temperature showed, but.... it still was nice to see, blue sky and sun specially when you were inside.
Next week it will change a bit, it will be colder and also there comes a bit of rain. We'll see what comes of it, nowadays the weather forecasts seem to change by the day LOL.


How is everybody doing?
This week I was outside a few times, just for having some groceries and also getting again a few medicins for Jan.
Most of the people try to follow the instructions, also in the shops more and more they try to keep the distance of 1,5 mtr, and if it is a small shop, only limited number are allowed to enter at the same time.
I think it is a good thing.
The numer of cases here in Holland are still rising, as it was expected, quite a number of people are now at the IC, and it could become kind of a problem to have enough IC places. We still have enough over the whole country and they are working hard to have more. They hope this weekend or may be next week we will reach the top and then we will see if all the taken measures have the effect hoped for.
Till now Jan and I are okay and trying to keep ourselves busy and still a bit use all our muscles. Jan nowadays is more the gardener than I am, who could tell that a few years ago? It is a good thing he can keep himself a bit busy and moving around in the garden, at the same time he has some fresh air and stays rather safe from the virus.
Okay, I am a bit more at risk because I go shopping(sometimes you do need things), but I try to be careful and follow as much as possible all instructions.

Can you believe that in our garden we already have a few blooms on some of the Pelargoniums? Amazing! Also a hardy Geranium is flowering already. Our tulips, those of last week photo, are still flowering in all their beauty and soon we will have a second bit of tulips opening their flowerheads.

Perhaps you know of that very big park, the Keukenhof? Every Spring their are thousands and thousands of tulips(and some other bulbs too) to admire. But this year it is closed because of the coronavirus, and it is such a pity! Still they found a solution, it isn;t quite the same as walking there yourself, but a nice replacement.
They made a virtual tour of it and I have a link for you if you are interested(well, with more "free time" t our hands you might as well take a look LOL)
https://keukenhof.nl/en/
It is in english but I believe you can get it in several languages.
Don;t forget to scroll down on that page, there you can choose from a few tours.
Enjoy!

Oh, this weekend we changed back to Summertime, so the clock went one hour forward!
I almost forgot but Jan didn;t, so he already changed the clocks this night (he always goes to bed very late, a left over or perhaps "infection"from his former profession, having to work in changing shifts and doing lots of night shifts.
Okay, now I will check my stew that is on the stove(chinks of lam meat, and paprika, lots of onions, oh, also some carrots and mushrooms and even a bit of Chinese cabbage). with that I only will have to boil a few potatoes and we have our dinner this evening. For dessert we have vanilla custard with a few fresh raspberries!
What else did we have for dinner this week? Let me think.
I've made macaroni with minced meat and grated cheese(it was enough for two days, it is even better the second day) with a bit of salad.
The also I've made a kind of wok dish. Chunkds of chicken filet, onions, sliced chinese cabbage, some mushroom and bantam potatoes ( that are very small potatoes, delicious boiled, but even more if you fry them afterwards, when cooled down first).
Another day we had simple hamburger, boiled potatoes and grean peas and carrots(from a tin this time, I don;t use all the time fresh veggies, try to as much as possible, but sometimes it is even nice to have some tinned ones, like brown beans for example). Friday evening Jan and I made our öwn"dinner, meaning something very simple, so I made savoury French Toast (in US-English) (fried eggy bread in UK-English) for myself, Jan had some left over macaroni that I had in the freezer.
Yesterday I've made a potato-salad and we had smoked salmon with it, YUMMIE!.
So may be I have given you a bit of inspiraton for your dinner, who knows??
Good, now really have to go to the kitchen!
Wishing you all a very good week and for all a styaing safe of the virus week!
Take care and follow instructions and use your common sense too.
Till next week.


4 comments:

Edna B said...

Oh my, those dinners sound delicious. I cook pasta a lot. I like it and Pogo likes to have some on his plate with his doggie food. I have veggies and meats too. I don't know what I'm going to make for supper tonight, but I do know that I'm going to have for dessert. Apple pie. Yum!

Blogger (or my keyboard) just erased two paragraphs from my comment so I'd better finish while I can. You and Jan stay safe. Big hugs from Pogo and me, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

I'm still in self-imposed isolation because of my bad lungs and weakening Heart. I made an adorable page with your kit Beleive in the Magic. My first Care-giver has 2 of the cutest little boys and she posted a picture of each of them so I put them together in the same scrapbook page, and it came out pretty good.

I'm still packing, one box at a time. I really have no place to stack them except the spare room but even that is going to get full. And to top it all off the govanor may decide that we can't cross the state line into another state, or the other state may say the truck can't cross into their state. There are 3 states between here and Colorado. But if I can't leave then I'll have to reschedule the truck for later in May. We are still mandated to keep isolated until 30 April which is the day after my truck will br loaded.

My advocate is going to try and schedule an "impairment exam" for me sometime in April. This is to see how much I'm impaired from the Asbestosis Pneumoconious.

Time for me to eat something.

I'm probably going to have to go to the store but I'll put it off until Wed. I have to wear a mask to protect myself. I'm in the High-Risk group and there are so many really nasty people we elders have to really protect our selves.

One jerk coughed on the checker in the grocery store and then told her he was positive for the virus. He should have been arrested for attempted murder. If they ever publish his picture one of the vigalanties migh shoot him an alley.

Linda said...

Hello Kyra and Jan, good to hear you are doing OK and trying to stay safe...

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting the link, the flowers are BEAUTIFUL!

I'm glad you and Jan are staying safe. I'm keep at home myself too. I'll be glad when people start settling down and there is something in the grocery stores again. I have been without bread because people bought it all up. All I needed was one loaf and a pack of buns. The shelves were bare. I don't understand why people take more than they need of perishable food. It will go bad before they can use it and it leaves nothing for someone else. I am baking biscuits instead.

Take care of each other and stay safe and healthy!

Love and prayers,
Cassie