Sunday, August 25, 2019

Second summertime.

Goodafternoon everybody!

After some time with more autumnal temperatures and weather we suddenly arrived into a second summertime! Around Friday temperatures were going up quickly and today we have around 30C again! That will stay for at least till Thursday, then there may be a little drop of temperature to around 25C, with may be a small rainshower too.
I hope we will go into September with some weeks of nic e weather say with temperatures around 24C????

Last week we went for the appliances, yeah! That was on Thursday. Talking with the salesman, he suggested that someone came over to check on the possibilities, and take extra measure. so it happened.
We will get soon a phonecall with appointment for placing. I don;t think it will take very long.
We ordered a washing machine, oven, cooktop(on gas), extractor hood and fridge with freezer(yhou know, up the fridge, under the freezer with 3 drawers.
Wow, that will be a change! And all the appliances didn;t cost the money I calculated more or less. I come at the amount that I calculated for the appliances( and I only took 4, even not yet with the washing machine) WITH placing the stuff. They will have to make a few new connections, perhaps change a few things. But all together the appliances weren;t as expensive as I thought. It is a very good shop were we went, it is a family business, and they still have service, they don;t try to sell you the most expensive if you don;t need it. I will have to wait of course how they will do with the placing, but I am sure I will not be disappointed. And they have the good service that if anything might not be working of something like this, you just can call and they will fix it.

Of course I could do with a whole new kitchen, but that is much too expensive. So this is the next best thing. And till now I am already a happy person LOL.
Oh, soon I will be able to make again canelloni in the the oven, or a Boeuf Parmentier( it is a bit like aSheperd's Pie), or Russian Pirog or Piroschki( comes close to a pie, I think) etc. etc. Wonderful!!!!

This weekend we have our guest, meaning the doggie of my friend Heidi.
He's called Tommy,and is no trouble at all. Only thing is I have to get up a bit earlier LOL! As any dog he needs to go out to do his thing. It is only for a couple of days. They will pick him up again on Tuesday.
I think he feels himself rather at ease here. Of course he know me from the times I gave him a walk and was visiting Heidi.
Poor thing suffers a bit from the warm temperatures. Lucky we have a rather cool sitting room, so he is better off there than in the garden(even in the shadow).
I gave him his walk this morning and early afternoon, Jan will do that in the evening. Yes, we devide the task ROFL.

Good time to finish this post. I wil have a little time to do perhaps solitaire game and then will have to prepare something for dinner. Not yet a complete idea of what I will prepare, but be assured it will be something simple and quick.
Hopefully I will be able to tell you next time that the appliances have been placed and that I understood without problems how to operate the oven and washing mashine hahahaa. I am always suspicious with new things, but most of the time it shows that it isn;t compicated.
Wishing you all a very nice week!



4 comments:

Grandma Sarge said...

I'm just now catching up on things here that I have neglected.

Went to Church last Sunday for the first time in a couple of years. Found very nice people but I'm not feeling so hot today so I'm not going again. Maybe next week my lightheadedness will be gone so I can go back to Church. Found a really nice Luthern church but missed the service last week. I was thinking Church was always at 11am on Sundays. But this church has it's service at 9:30am and then Coffee hour from 10:30 or so. But he gave me a copy of the sermon on a CD so I can listen to any time I'm ready.

Today I have to Wash the big quilt from my bed and the 2 lightweight blankets that I sleep under. I still share my bed with Bridgit's little Service dog. She has an instinct for someone feeling not so well. So she sleeps partially on my feet and listens to my breathing. At least she's never had to wake me up. My bladder takes care of that! At least I don't have to wear adult diapers yet but I'll be 80 in another 2 months so I have a package in my bedroom if necessary.

My Tomato plant has tripled in size and the little tiny tomatoes taste so good. I pick some every day when I see the bright red tomatoes showing through the bush that is now my tomato plant. I have to start putting them into a bowl until I get enough for a delicious salad. Made with small shell macaronies, add tomatoes, black olives, some ham cubes and top with Zesty Italian Dressing. Yummie!

Have a good week and we'll talk again next Sunday.

Edna B said...

Oh Kyra, I am so happy for you! Wow, what a great shopping trip! I'm sure you'll have no problem figuring out how to work your new appliances. Now you can start looking around at laptops.

I'll bet Tommy is very happy to be spending time with you and Jan. Even doggies like little vacations. I with you. I hope the nice temps last quite a way into Autumn.

I'll send you an email about the recipes. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Kyra, you have a wonderful week. Big hugs to you, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for you update Kyra. I hope all goes well with your new appliances too. I also hope you have some more nice temperatures...

hummerdawn said...

I am so happy for you. It will be wonderful to have all those new appliances! As for me we are busy packing and getting ready to move on Sat (31st). No fun moving but we will be going to a place where there aren't a hundred stairs for me to climb. Lol. Stairs good for my heart (quad bypass) but not my poor knee that needs operating on. So I am so happy too!It is our Labour Day weekend too so will have time to get a bit organized. I may not have computer up for next Sun message but I will be in touch when settled. Enjoy your new "toys!!!!"