Sunday, September 23, 2018

Some Royalty this week.

Goodafternoon everybody!

Weather report: start of the week still good with nice temperatures, after Wednesday temperatures went down and today we have only around 15-16C! Brrr, hard to get used to. That with quite some rain it suddenly seems to be autumn indeed. However, later this week we may have some rise of temperature again to may be 19C and more sunshine.

This week, on Tuesday, we had our Prinsjesdag again, which is the official opening of the parliamental year. It is always nice to look at the ride of the King and Queen in their carriage. And there always is the IG question: what dress will our Queen Maxima wear?
she had a very nice one, although I have to admit it wasn;t her most beautiful. Well, you can judge for your own, I have a nice link to an English site with lots of photos.
And admit, we do have a really charming and good looking Queen!
here is the link to more nice photos
http://worldroyalfamily.blogspot.com/2018/09/dutch-royal-family-attends-parliamental.html

What else happened? h yes, of course there was the final of the America got's talent with our Glennis Grace. She didn;t win it, such a pity, but we are still very proud of her. And it already is a fantastic achievement to have reached the finals.

Yesterday I made a phonecall to my friend Heidi, just to hear if all was okay, and it wasn;t. Stupid girl made a fall last week on the street, and banged her head. It all seemed to have turned out weel, without real big conseqeunces, she only has a very bruised face in all kind of colors now. I was very cross with her, because she didn;t let me know.
I asked her if she had been at the ER at the hospital. She finally went there after 2 days! Then they have made a scan and there was no real internal damage, still she was held in hospital over 1 night, just to check. She has been very lucky, I guess. It is kind of tricky with her, if she gets wounds because she used bloodthinners. I believe she has to take a bit less for a shorter time, but all together she did give me a scare, you know!
So if all goes normal, I want to visit her tomorrow at some time, just to see her for a moment.
It really isn;t her year, because she also has trouble with the new implanted line for her lung medicins, so probably it needs to be replaced and then it may be necessary that she undergoes an operation to or around her heart, to close a bloodvain by burning it. It seems she has a bloodvain(lucky a little one)too much or so, and it disturbes the bloodpressure on her heart, making it working in a very high rythm at times. 
All this has to be done in October or November, as quickly as possible anyway, as soon as there is room in the operation schedule of the hospital. it would be nice if the two operations could be done at the same time, she has to ask that at an appointment start October, but that might be a problem. Also she has the bad luck that she cannot have a complete anesthesia, because of her lung illness. 
No, she isn;t having much luck this year.

Is there perhaps some brighter news too? Nothing special, really.
All things go as they go at the moment. I do my little things around the house, as everybody has to do LOL. And with the weather not being fantastic, we spend more time indoors now. When we still had the nice weather, beginning of the week, I did some re-planting in the garden of some smaller bushes(well, they have to become that in time hahaha), and a I splitted up a few plants, because they have become too big. 
The "extra"bits so to speak, I planted in another spot. Good way to get some more plants and at the same time it unites the planting. 
Also dug up some bulbs of gladiolusses and smething else, of which i don;t know the name. We had them in a smaller border, but it wasn;t the good place for them. I planted part of them in another place, where I can give them more easily some support. Another part is lying in the little shed, till I have figured out where to plant them.
Jan also put away the chairs and umbrella, I don't think we will need them anymore this year. and if we still would have some nice days, we do have another pair of smaller chaires we can put at the patio.

something strange is happening though. The last few weeks we hardly see any birds. Just a couple of doves(normally we have a bunch of them), almost no or no parakeets at all, also other birds we don;t see.
Now Jan read in a newspaper that there is a might be a reason of a pesticide used, but it isn;t yet proven that rreally that is a reason.
And this might apply to some species of birds but not all of them. Could it have to do with the dry summer? Or perhaps there is somebody in the nieghbourhood who doesn;t like birds and is doing aomething about it(don;t know what, but it might be a possibility?). Anyway, I think it is very strange, specially that I don;t see my parakeets anymore. we always had at least two or three that ALWAYS came by for a bit of apple or some birdseed. We just will have to wait and see what happens later in the year.

Good, think I covered all I could tell you, I think my washing machine is ready with the laundry. Will hang that out to dry, then I want to make some apple compote. It is so yummie when you make it yourself and it doesn;t take much time. Most of the time is taken by peeling the apples and cutting them.
Today I have two sets of clusters from Arlene for you, and next week there will be a new kit, okay?
Wishing you a lovely Sunday and fantastic week to come, hope everybody is safe from tornado effects and such.
Till next week.
Download    HERE
Download   HERE


4 comments:

Edna B said...

I'll have to agree that you do indeed have beautiful Queen. She really does look lovely. Reminds me of our First Lady. I'm so sorry to hear about Heidi. I hope she is better soon. Our weather is cooling down rather quickly too. Happy Autumn!

Pogo and I don't get to sit out so much now. It's a bit too cool lots of days. But that's okay. We still can go outside for a bit. Arlene's clusters are beautiful. Thank you. Now I need to get ready to visiting to see my cousin. You have a wonderful week my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! Your Queen really is beautiful! Thank you so much for posting the link to the other pictures. All lovely! I just wish they had pulled back a little with the camera to show the horses along with the carriage. Would have made a very good picture!

Prayed for your friend Heidi. I feel so bad for her! I hope your birds come back.

Thanks so much for the clusters.

Love and Prayers,
Cassie

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks a lot for the lovely shares and the newsy post...lots of family injuries and illnesses keeping me hopping at the moment, I'm thankful I'm fairly healthy and able to assist a bit. Have a lovely weekend! Hugs, Mat