Monday, October 21, 2013

Skating season starting

Goodmorning everybody!

I know, it's not the biggest wish of many of us, that winter should arrive suddenly in haste LOL!
But the ice speed skating, as well as figure skating is mostly done now in big stadions with a closed roof over it. I believe next week will be one of the 1st speed skating contests, which will give us a bit of idea on how our skaters are doing. All of the focus is of course on the Olympic wintergames, but a few other contests are important too. Those are needed to gain a place in the Olympic team.
I am looking forward to it.
Yesterday evening we watched a little bit of figure skating, and it was wonderful!

There wasn;t too much activity in the house during the weekend. Oh, some minor errands have been done, I hope soon we can place the flooring in the kitchen now. That will gave a total different look!
I think that Jan just can handle that char with his back, I will need to help of course. I don;t mind that, we only seem to have trouble sometimes in working together on the same job. I admit, we both are at times kind of hardheaded and stubborn characters, and that can clash sometimes. Oh well, we survived many of those clashes already, so this time it will not be otherwise ROFL!

Yesterday I spent some time in the kitchen making a meatloaf, filled with boiled eggs. It turned out very well, and tasted good too. Made some chunks of potatoes also in the oven and as we had some red paprikas left that needed to be used, I cut those in larger pieces, fried them in a bit of oil and voila, we had some veggies too. Add to that as desert some strawberries with whipped cream, we had a tasty meal. And bst is, that we have enough left of the meatloaf for this evening.
So I don;t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen today, I think I devote some of the daytime to the laundry, washing and ironing. Sigh, that aren't the most enjoyable things a women can do, but they have to be done.LOL!

The next few days could be real nice, when looking at the forcast of the weather. It seems that tomorrow could be a gorgeaous day, with temps around 68F, which is extraordinary for this time of year. Oh, for me it can go on like this for a long long time, but i fear it will only be for one or two days. But they said all week temps would be rather high, later around 62F-64F, which is still nice.
Not too much rain either, yes, we still can live with that.

Ladies, it's time to finish this post, and I have a nice kit for you, named "Almost Easy". Amond the other elements I have made you 2 pageborders, and together with Arlene's contribution of 3 clusters I have good hopes you can make some wonderful layouts with it.
Here a preview of the kit, of course, but also of one of the pageborders.
Have a fantastic day!




Download   HERE

Download    HERE






6 comments:

Edna B said...

Another lovely kit and clusters, ladies. Kyra, I have to agree about the weather. I could be so happy if it were in the 60's all winter long. sighhhh....

Well it's cold right now, only in the 30's, but going up to the 60's later today. However, the cold weather is on its way here. Now I shall have to start counting the days down till Spring.

I have to drink my coffee quickly so it doesn't get cold before I am finished with it. lol. I'm off now to post my own blog. You have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Another lovely kit as usual, I love all shades of yellow! :) Thanks to you and Arlene.
I have a small roast on in the crockpot and it smells heavenly, making me hungry....LOL!
Got all my running around down this morning, then my friend Nina came over with a loaf of pumpkin bread for me....love it...will be so good in the mornings with my coffee.
All the cats are asleep and the front is moving in to drop our temps again and hopefully some more rain, makes me kind of sleepy when it is grey, and so very quiet, so think I will take a nap with the cats....LMBO!
Have a great week, chat more later! Lots of hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads...

HappyScreens said...

Wow - Is this beautiful! Thank you both.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good evening Kyra.:)
Sure hope they are able to fix that leak soon. We had a leak the day before yesterday.Christy,Jimmy and I went out for a trip shopping for the day and when we got home..the ice machine in the freezer had gotten stuck and the water that normally runs into the trays..went down the side of the freezer and onto the floor...and then down to the basement and the laundry area and Christy's bathroom.Fortunately we have a wet/dry vac and were able to get most of it cleaned up. Had to purchase some ceiling tiles that got ruined and dry some of the carpet tiles.Whew..NOT a good thing to come home to.:)

Love the little girl opera singer. She IS fantastic. They all seemed shocked!:)

Your baked chicken meal sounds so Yummy!I must try that sometime.:)

I LOVE it when I make too much food for dinner and I have to freeze it for a day I don't want to cook. I MUST do that more often.LOL

Thank you so much for your visit to my blog and leaving a sweet comment for me.I LOVE your visits!

I can't stay long.Jim has a fresh cold and isn't feeling well.:(

Huge hugs my friend!
Valinda

Handmaiden Dotty said...

I was downloading several of the beautiful kits and clusters I missed this month and, as usual, MediaFire has a pop up window in the background. Most times I just click the "x" to shut it. However, I thought you should know that this time the following popped up:

blocked red-x
Symantec logo
Malicious Web Site Blocked

You attempted to access:
http://amclicks.com/clk.php?c=5163&p=10953&s1=48112&s2=9A902EDE-4F43-4628-A9F7-CF8477288B0D

This is a known malicious web site. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this web site has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

Exit this site.

I don't know if others have had this problem but thought you should be aware of it.
Thanks again for all the lovely free things you send us. Blessings, dotty