Sunday, May 05, 2019

We had quite a week!

Goodafternoon everybody!

Weather report: not all too good weather, although there is some sunshine every now and then. But the temperatures aren;t great, just may be 10C-12C.
Could be that later next week we will have again some rise in temperature, to around 15C.
Not yet something to take a hoorray jump in the air, but already better than noww.

Gosh we had quite a week! The week started rather well, Jan feeling already much better, but somewhere Tuesday evening he started to have some trouble in the tummy again, again with some painful cramps and so (but no obstipation, like the other time). It hold on the next day so I didn;t hesitate too long and called for the doctor the next morning. It was a pity that our doctor was on a week;s holiday so we got the "replacement"doctor(seemed to be the same doctor of my friend Heidi and she told me he was a very good one, some luck you do need to have).
doctor came Thursday afternoon, examined Jan and said that we should call him right next morning if situation wasn;t any better. It wasn;t so I had to go over to his office to get a letter for first aid at the hospital.
We went there and Jan was scanned etc. and after being there from around 10.30 morning to 15.00 afternoon we heard that there wasn;t a twisting in the intestines or something else there, which already was a relief.
Then came the urologist and told us that Jan had two tiny little stones in the ureter causing that pain etc.
She gave him some medication for it to widen the ureter and hopefully the stones would comes out "naturally". He also got some pain medication in case the pain was too much. He will have an appointment next week for a new scan to look if the stones have gone and also an appointment for the urologist.
He also has to go to hospital a day earlier to give a bloodsample. 
All together not the best of weeks, you can imagine.!
On top of it all out tv died out. Well, almost. If we wanted to switch it on it wouldn't do that, we had to wait for an hour or so to try again and if we were lucky we would have again image on tv. 
This happened a bit too early in the year to be honest, we knew our tv was a very old one, but hoped it would hold on for a few months more. 
Well, it didn;t, I think it was a case of Murphy's law here.
So we decided to buy us a new one. we planned that for Saturday.
I already saw it would be very hard for Jan to go to the shop, so I asked help from a friend, asking if he could drive us to the shop and back and help us if necessary with carrying the tv. It was no problem.
On Saturday morning he came but Jan felt so awefull, that I went alone with our friend. He suggested to go to a shop where he often goes for a tv or kitchen stuff like an oven or so and he was very pleased about the queality and specially about their service. It was very close to our house, so of course we went there.
I found a good tv, may be a little over bidget but still not expensive, really.
But now we had to get it home and install it. Here comes the fantastic bit.
Our friend told the owner of the shop he advised me coming there because of their great service and he asked if there would be a possibility that the tv was delivered at my home and still that very day!!!
And guess what??? They did so!! So I payed the tv, we went home, had a cup of coffee(Jan also was up again, still not well, but a little better). We didn;t see that friend for a long time, so we had a nice catch up chat.
At 3 in the afternoon two men came to deliver the tv and installed it completely with new cables etc. and installed the programms and so on.
All done in about half an hour I guess. It were very nice guys and patient and they explained all very well too.
I gave them a cup of coffee and afterwards a little tip, because I was soooooo
happy about that whole thing, and having the tv home at the same day, that was amazing! 
Oh boy, that new tv is so much better than the old one. This one has the new screen of course(is it LED???) and the screen itself is a bit larger than the old one and real clear, and good speakers in it, so we are happy with that at least.
Now we will have to wait and see what happens next week. Jan is feeling somewhat better, it differs a bit every hour. I am already glad if the stool is going more or less good, we don;t want another obstipation, do we?
He still has moment of sudden cramps and they hurt quite a lot. Lucky they hold on only for a few seconds, still it isn;t nice. I feel so sorry for him and also aweful because I cannot help him.
We njust have to adjust a bit our food for the next few days, better to try to eat some light digestive food.

Despite of it all I had a few moments I could finish a new kit for you. I would have loved to make more, but  don't have the quiet feel in my system that I need for that. Probably you will understand what I mean.
Still I am happy I can offer you a new kit, named it Cozy Home.
Okay, that is all for now, hoefully next week there will be more happy news.
Take care of yourselves and your loved ones!

Download   HERE


8 comments:

Edna B said...

Wow, what a week you folks have had. I hope the stones move out and Jan is feeling much better. This has to be very painful for him. At least you did have some good news. A new TV! You will really enjoy your programs much more now. I'm so glad your friend was able to help you find a good store and great service too.

Something tells me that one of these days I'll be looking for another TV too. Hopefully not too soon though. Your little kit is adorable. Thank you. I can't wait to be working on my quick pages again. My friend, I hope this new wee is good to you. You have a wonderful week, and I hope the weather gets nicer too. Hugs, Edna B.

Maddy said...

Thank you for the pretty kit - hope all goes well at the hospital and that you enjoy your new TV!

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for this lovely download. I hope you and Jan are both doing OK...

hummerdawn said...

Thank you very much for the beautiful kit. I know what you mean. There are times I am just not in the mood to make layouts either. Your post has good news and sad news. Isn't it wonderful that there still is very helpful, caring people left in this world. Sorry to hear Jan is having problems again but it seems like the problem was figured out quickly. I am sure the new meds will dissolve them as they are not big yet. Good luck and prayers to you both. Our weather up and down also. Seems to be all over. Even snow flurries yet!

Delaine said...

Thank you so much for your beautiful gift!

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you for the new kit. Has some adorable little critters in it and I have some pics of the family's babies that live back East that will work great with this kit.
Sorry, Jan has so much trouble with the tummy. I have sharp cramps now and then but it's usually something I ate. Have lost quite a bit of weight and still have more to go. Wouldn't it be nice to find the body from High School that's hidden in here somewhere! I have pictures of such a skinny girl but that's a really big wish on my part.
Getting some packing done for our move probably in June. Empty boxes sitting in the living room waiting for me to empty the shelves on the bookcase. Have a good size box of the clothes I'm donating to either the Goodwill (second-hand store) or to the Battered Women's shelter.
Have a good week and I send Prayers for your health and Jan's.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O My Goodness! Poor Jan, kidney stones are so very painful, I hope he can pass them soon and be pain free. Sorry, too, that things are happening all at once with his illness and the dead TV, but you are right Murphy's Law, you got very luck finding a new one, delivered and set up too! Enjoy it! Weather here has been rather wet, but warm until yesterday when a front came through and dropped temps, but...it is springtime! Since I'm a stay at home hermit here lately, I really don't mind! LOL! Anyhow, hope your week goes well and thanks a million for another lovely kit. Hugs, Mat

Gala said...

Большое спасибо за ваши прекрасные наборы! Будьте счастливы!