Sunday, March 26, 2023

Diving into the Zentangle.

oodafternoon everybody!

Oh wow, I took  longer break from the blog then intended, but here I am again. For now we have again more or less nice weather,  temepratures are up and down, but at times it is nice, around 12 or13C. Only thing is there is quite some wind and that makes a difference. 

At days when it is okay utside, I go out, I want to keep the body in as much shape as possible, LOL. No, it is just that it makes me feel good to spent a bit time outside and with the better weather hopefully coming soon, it will be even better to go out.

Past time I've been busy with sorting out a little more of the bookshelves, there is already more place there, which is great. I keep busy with all kind of things, not so much the household(I never was very good at that I must confess), but okay, one or two times a week I make a household job and for now it is good enough. 

I also took courage into my two hands last week and when it was good weather to be outside, I demounted the cupboard, Jan removed from the living room. So you can figure out how long it stood in the garden!! But that also had a good thing about it, the weather already worked a bit for me, it wasn't that hard to take it to pieces like this


So soon I will call for the bulky waste collection to let them pick it up. Will have to bring it on the sidewalk, but my friend will come to help me. I will try also to have one or two cardboard boxes filled with stuff I don;t want to have around anymore. So the call will probably be in a week or so.

And I spend time to Zentangle. I first looked around on internet and found a lot of nice patters I liked and found a lot of step outs for them. I printed a few(but it takes a lot of ink), so now I also try to copy them by hand. Then mostly in the evening I take a notebook, I use only for trying out and excercise and when I know more or less how a patterns works I try it on a Zentangle. I have a few photo's of tmem.




These are about the first two I've made.

Then I already tried my hand on a bigger work.

 

This one is from a week ago

This one I've made today.

Oh they are farm from good, but I like to make them and by doing it a lot I hope to get better and better in it. It is really relaxing to do, you know. I often take me some time later in the afternoon, I put on some really quiet music(I have some New Age cd's, is very appropriate I find) and try out patterns or even make a Zentangle. 

That's it for now, thanks for stopping by, take care of yourselves and stay safe and healthy.


1 comment:

Beth Reed said...

Hi Kyra,
I have been wondering about you and so glad to hear that you are keeping yourself busy. Your Zentangle work is really nice. I might have to look into it more.

I am doing alright here and just enjoying the warm weather. Today was a bit too warm so we turned on the air conditioning. We will probably have one more cold time before Easter. We call them Easter Snaps.

Good that you were able to get the cabinet torn apart and ready for someone to take it away. I have been looking for a tall dresser to store some things in. I am ready to toss away some winter clothes now and shop for some light summer things.

Have a wonderful week ahead and talk to you soon. xx