Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Tackeled a little job this week.

 Goodmorning everybody!

I was drinking my morning coffee and then realized I didn;t post yesterday, although I planned too. So better do it now, before another day passes.

Weather looks quite good, at the moment the sun is shining, temps however are not too hig, around 3C, and a little frost during the niht. But later this week it will go up again to around 7 or 8C and no frost during the night. So it's not bad weather and for the moment is is dry too.

Last week was a day with some activity and also a few days with not too much hahaha. But..... I told you I wanted to start painting some walls here, and first I checked the old paint we still had left. Well, that looked very odd, so I decided there had to come some new wallpaint. First I looked around on internet where perhaps there was a nice offer and I found it. Not all too far away there is a DIY shop where they had a good offer from 10ltr. buckets with paint in white with RAL 9010(that is white but not shouting white). I went there with my shopping car hoping a bucket could fit. Good, you can guess, the bucket was too big, but the guy in the shop offered to bring it along after his working hours. So I ordered right away two buckets of it, to have enough for the time being. And so nice of the fellow it was good service.

So next day I started with the small hallway, and it looks a lot better now. Of course there is a lot more to do but I am happy Iat least made a start with it. I dont know if this week I will tackle another part, depends on how I feel and what else there is to do.

On internet I found a nice little printable, that I have now in a frame hanging in the new painted hallway. I plan to have a few more frames with nice quotes but I go slowly. The one I found is this one and it was so cute:


Remember I cleared out the cupboard and already put out on the street a big shopper with glasses? Well, I still had more so packed that in another big shopper, also with a note that it was free to take and that also was taken in a moment of time. Hopefully somebody will be happy wth the glasses and some cups and saucers and little teaspoons.

This morning I phoned with the crematorium to make an appointment for picking up Jan's ashes and my friend  Heidi and I will do so on Monday the 13th. So finally I can bring him home, give him a place for the time being and then think of a nice place where we can leave his ashes to rest. It will be in nature and as I said, on a beautiful sunny day, hopefully.

Tomorrow I will go to Séverine, because it is her birthday and it is a bit of specail one, because she will have her 21th! Quite an age already, and I cannot belive it all went so quick, I still see her as little girl, carrying our rings on our wedding, this year 16 years ago. Yes, at that time she only was 5 years old. And now she is studying speech therapy. She is doing well, and she loves it. It is only hard to find every time an internship, which she needs for her study. I am glad for her that this year she found one and I think she starts next week. It also isn't too far away travelling, so let's hope all will go well. 

Good, that's it for now, I have to go out to do a bit of grocerie shopping, specially for my friend Heidi, who asked me to buy her some chicken breast, that is for a really good price offer near my. I will go and buy that and can take it with me tomorrow. I don;t think I will need much for myself to buy, this evening I will have some tagliatelle with tomatoe sauce, some grated parmezan cheese and perhaps I will add also some capers, perhaps some olives or anything. It will be good enough for dinner, and I eat an orange as desert, which is good for the vitamines. 

Wishing you all a wonderful week, stay safe and healthy and thanks for visiting me!

1 comment:

Beth Reed said...

Hi Kyra,
Good that you have been able to stay busy and it is so nice tthat you will be able to visit your friend tomorrow on her birthday. Isn't is nice to watch her grow from a little girl now to a beautiful woman. It is amazing how fast time flies. One day a baby and the next an adult and we cannot believe how fast the years go by and all of the things that we watch as their milestones. Walking, talking, first day of school graduation and college to Now. It is just so quick.

Congratulations on getting your wall painted. That kept you busy lol. Oh and I just love the printed Quote. It reminded me of a page a friend scrapped not too long ago with little elephants.
I miss scrapping. I have not scrapped in ages. I wonder if I still know how lol.

You have a wonderful week. In my thoughts and prayers, be safe and stay well. xx