Monday, January 23, 2023

As promised, back on Monday

 Goodevening everybody!

I was real lazy yesterday and so I decided to do the post today. My week has been rather good. I've been busy with clearing out more things( I have a full big sac of clothes of mine that can go to charity organisation or perhaps a thrift store. The cothes are still real good so perhaps it can make somebody else happy. I will wait till I have more sacs of clothing ready. There still are Jan;s clothes to be done and that will be quite a lot.

also little by little I try to clear ut more cabinets or at least some drawers. Gosh, what a lot of things we collect, it's aweful! Lasst week I had to make the freeer a bit free of too much ice inside and ended up to also clean the drwers in ti and checking all the things that were in it. Real old stuff I just threw away and I ended up by having drawers in it that I could oversee, LOL. It made me happy in the end. Also some drawers of the kitchen have been done, oh they look so nice now! Still quite some stuff but at least a LOT less.

It's just a story of clearing out this past week, or most of the time. I also brought Jan's medicins to the pharmacy. That was a bit tricky and emotional when I went through that cupboard, you know. Such small things are still getting to me, but all in all it's going well.

Last Saturday it was cold weather but with some sunshine and I decided to go to the market. I took the tram and spend some time there. It has been a whie since I visited the market. I came home with some fried fish for my evening dinner and finally home i was glad to be able to sit down and warm up a bit.

I started knitting again, I just am maing bigger squares in all sorts of stitches, I have so much wool lying around that I have to do something with it. I already gave away quite a bunch to somebody who likes knitting and crocheting, but there still is a lot left. I don;t know if I will make something with those squares, perhaps I just will put them in a plastic bag and put outside on the street and may be somebody creative will pick it up and make something nice of it. For now my hands have something to do when  I watch tv and that feels good.

Well, it is almost time for my favourite quiz on tv so I will finish the post with wishing you all a fantastic week with a lot of happy smiles.



2 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Kyra, I am new to your blog. I am sorry to read of the loss of your husband Jan. I know it must be so hard for you not to have Jan there with you.

I am trying to clear out stuff in my house too. It's a long process as I don't work on it everyday. I often wonder how I ever accumulated so much or why I've kept so many things that I don't use. I keep thinking that if I do get rid of something, I will then need it. Ha!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Clearing things out can be a difficult task and it is always amazing to find how much there is, Kyra. The good thing is that you can work at your own pace and in time all will be done.

Despite my leaving comments on her blog, there have been no updates from Miss Edna. If you are in contact please let her know she has been missed and that I hope she is feeling better. Thank you.