Sunday, September 04, 2022

Never again please like last 4 days or so!!!

 Goodafternoon everybody!

To start with the simple thing, we have warm weather around 26C, at the moment more cloudy, but still dry. May be tomorrow there could fall some rain, but also that might happen later in the week. Still going to warm around 26-28C and later in the week it will drop to may be 23-21C.

But what a week! You kow that last Friday we would have delivered the new furniture. Okay, that still stood. But Tuesday Jan said to me, that he already heard for a few days a strange sound when being on the WC, and it didn;t feel right. So we checked the water meter and the little wheel on it was turning, and that is no good sign when not using any water. Remembering the last time we had a leak and it did cost us a whole lot of money I called our plumber Wednesday morning. I had quickly contact and told him our problem, and the he said he was at that moment in the South of France, on the way to his holiday location, for 3 weeks. Oh boy, what to do? He told me he woud contact his son(also working in the familybusiness) and that they would contact me. And so they did in the afternoon. They would come to us the next day around noon. So they did, and to make it short, they spotted the leak under our pantry place. So as there is stuff atnding there we had to remove a part of course. They would come next day already in the morning to try to repair it. But also we had the furniture to be delivered in the afternoon!! Can you imagine the stres I had to go through? Well, perhaps another could stay very calm, but not me. All our living room was disorder, as well as our bedroom and extension, and during the week I already tried to find somebody who could disassemble our old wall unit, but nowhere a possibility(or it was probably when you payed a lot of money). And the bulk waiste collection service couldn;t pick up our wall nit and some other stuff still after at least one week! So we couldn;t put the unit on the street. Good, we decided that if the people who delivered the furniture would help us(as they promised already) they could put the unit in our garden and then Jan could disassemble it easier during the week. So was done, it is standing now already half disassebled in the garden. So far so good. Now the new furniture. All in good order, only one thing we didn;t know: The tv unit, display cabinet and coffe table were delivere in pieces and we had to assemble them ourselves! Why didn;t they tell us when we bought it? The guy said to us that it was written on the copy bill we had, but who is reading all the little letters on the back ? To say it mild: I told him I didn;t find it very nice of him(but to say the truth I said some very unpolite words, because I was at the end and completely done. Well, now there is coming a handyman from them on Monday to do the work, but I have to pay that. So now we have standing our new couch but not the rest. And after the old wallnit was removed, oh my God, I already feared it, but a part of the wall looked sooo dirty and still with partly old paint on it, we couldn;t leave it like that. So yesterday Jan painted the worst part of the wall, but we still have to do the whole wall and better would be the whole room! Not very nice days, and I and I am really exhausted!

The plumber also was unforseen and did cost a good sum of money(but I am happy they could fix it for now, when their father is back from holiday he will make an appointment to see what has to be done about the rest of the still lead waterp pipes, probably it will be quite some work and take real money too), then the furniture guy to pay extra, welll, I could imagine some other days with happier events!

For now we have a bit of rest, now tomorrow hopefully we will have standing our furniture as intended, then we can start to put all things in the display cabinet etc. and clean up the room( oh yeah we also gave our floor already a good clean up last Wednesday, so that was quite some work too). A small good thing is that the furniture guys took our old couches(we agreed on that when buying the new stuff).

What to do then next week? First Monday, then the day after or so starting to put all things back(one good thing is that we have a lot of things we put aside to give to the bulky trash pick up service, including the disassembled old wall unit, hoorray!!). The I have to make an appointment for the pick up service, then I have to come into hte "normal"rythm of life again, but that will take some days I fear.

After this perhaps a bit chaotic story about my week, you can understand I don;t yet have photos of the new furniture, LOL. I have to say that our couches look very nice, sit good, and the color is great and the curtains make a good color combination with it.

Is there any good news? Probably yes, because Séverine had a thorough test this week in hospital and i seems she doesn't suffer from the PH diseasy. Well, let's hope that stays so, now they only have to find out why she still is feeling quite miserable.

Reading back a bit what I wrote about the past days, it might not seem so terrible, but believe me, it was quite stressing. I hope this will never occur anymore!

Thanks anyway to visit and read my lament, I wish you all a wonderful week. Cross your fingers we will have some more luck this coming week?

No comments: