Sunday, August 21, 2022

So far, so good I think.

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Today is a little bit less with the weather. Temperature is still okay, aorund 23C, but sometimes there are clouds and then again some sunshine, but all in all it still is great weather. Only missing some rainshowers every now and then.

Well, this week was a strange one. On Monday Jan had to cut eating from 2.00 pm and only had to take  special medicin and drink very very much in short time and the same on Tuesday when he had the colonoscopie late afternoon. I felt so sorry for him, it was no fun, but the laxative worked very well. Good, Tuesday we left the house at 230 p.m. to be in time to catch the righ tram. The ride to the hospital where he had to go this time took around half an hur and we arrived good on schedule so we could sit in the sun for about 15 minutes before going to the desk. There I left him in good hands and went to a Mall, a shopping centre newly built in the proximity of the hospital, just no more then a 5 minute walk. It was a good opportunity for me to check it out. I must say it looked beautiful, with all kind of shops(expensive ones but also more affordible ones), lots of little coffeeshops and other little places where yyou could drink or eat something. So I spend there about an hour or so and then I got the telephonecall from the hospital that I could pick up Jan again at 5.30. p.m. It was good I was there to bring him home, because he still was a little bit under influence of the anesthesia he had. But it was okay to go with the tram and slowly walked home from the station. Jan already had something to eat and drink in the hospital so when he came home he was really tired and only wanted to sleep. So he did, and he had a real good sleep almost all eveing through and during the night he also slept a lot more than usual. 

Him sleeping I took something to eat and was glad to sit down and also went to bed much earlier than usual and slept well. It is quite straining all together, mostly for Jan of course. They didn;t found anything unusual or worrying during the research, so that already is something. Now he has to have still a CT scan, and MRI scan and an Ultrasound scan. Yeah, his doctor wants to check it all! The only annoying thing was that she wanted it to happen as fast as possible and the soonest was a possibility in that g=far away hospital, although the doctor said it could be done also in his usual hospital. Good, next day I was on the phone to see if they could reschedule it to the other hospital. It took me some phonecalls and explaining, but finally he has an appointment for all 3 of them on one day, the 5th of October. Really glad that it is nearby and that he doesn;t have to travel so long, because it is for him really tiring. Great, I achived something, LOL.

That seems to have given me extra energy or so, because that Wednesday I did a lot of things. I did grocerie shopping, I cooked for two days and changed the bed sheets.I think it is a good portin of work for one day( in between those phonecalls too).

Next day I did the laundry, washing machine was quickly filled with the bedsheets and some big towels. And then a week is gone so fast, unbelievable. 

Out tomatoes are starting to get color, they will need some more warmth and sunshine, but next week they will get that, because we will have rising temperatures again and almost no rain at all. That lack of rain is slowly causing some trouble for transport over our rivers, the boats cannot load their full capacity so that isn;t a good thing. So many people are happy with the good weather but others are praying for a little bit of rain. You can notice that climate is changing, whatever the cause may be.

In the afternoons and evenings we watch tv, of course, and for now we like to watch the EUropean chaampionships ot athletics, swmming, sports on the track etc. I have great admiration for all those sporters who give their best and knowing the effort it needs to reach the top makes it even more special. 

Time to finish this post, almost time to go into the kitchen and warm up the oven. I've made Mac and Cheese for this evening, and I think we will have enough for tomorrow too(and it always tastes a bit better the next day. I added also a bit of minced meat into it, with some small diced paprika and tomatoes, mushrooms and onions( things that needed to be used out of the fridge). And as dessert we will have diced uo melon. 

I wish you all a wonderful week, stay safe and healthy.

1 comment:

Edna B said...

Hopefully, the doctors will soon figure out how to make Jan well. I'm glad your tomatoes are coming along so well. I've been enjoying some from my plant too.
That mac and cheese is one of my favorite foods. Enjoy it. Hugs, Edna B.