Sunday, July 31, 2022

A fruitful week, finally again .

 Goodafternoon everybody!

Today it is a bit cooler weather, we had some drops of rain, it is cloudy, perhaps at the end of the day some sun could appear. But from tomorrow the sun will come again and temperatures will rise, as it is today just around 20C, it then will become 5-28C, quite a difference.

It was a good week, all by all. First two days I did a lot of things, a little bit of shopping, bought us two new duvets, next day put them on our bed, with fresh covers, and got rid of the old ones(it was about time, I think they were more than 35 years old!!!). he new ones are great, it is a four seasons pair, in winter you can clip on a second if it becomes really cold. They are so light which is great and I tried to be a little bit environment conscioues, and bought them made from recycled plastics. And I can wash them in the washing machine.

In the mail I got a message from the cable company that my modem was due to change, it was becoming too old and i could order one new for free(wow!). So I did and after about a week it arrived I think on Tuesday. well, I first read a little bit the instruction booklet, it all didn;t seem to be so difficult to install, but hey..... I read that if I needed I could order a service man for FREE(normally it costs you at least 35,00 euro) and I thought why not? So I called and they could send one already the next day. He came, installed it, it was a nice guy, he even told me not to forget the wifi change on the smartphone(I wouldn;t have thought of that, really), and he did it for me, also on Jan's phone. Nice, isn;t it? So I was happy I called for the service man.

Then Jan and I washed one pair of our net curtains, the ones at the back. It isn;t a really great deal, but it is climbing up and off ladders and well, let's face it, we aren;t the very youngest anymore and Jan isn;t always standing steady on his legs, so I am not really happy when he climbes the ladder. But no discussion possible with him to let me do it. Okay, all went well and now they are clean and done with for a longer time again. Next week we will target the ones at the front. 

Then on Friday we went to the furniture shop where we bought our sofa's ato look for a new wall unit, and we found one .It is one display cabinet unit and a tv cabinet(but this is all open, simple but enough.) Our old display cabinet, where we have also our tv never really was totally our taste, but at the time good enough so with the new couches we though we should change that too. Well, when all will stand in our room it will look really different. Then here and there some stuff will need to go, may also some of the furniture, may be a new small carpet under the coffee table should be needed and then it is enough money spent for this year I think. Once all installed I will take a photo okay? But delivery date is still several weeks, it's a long waite LOL.

Last week I had Heidi on the phone and al three of them were ill, probably with a flu, Danny was the first to catch it, he tested himself for covid and was negative, hoorray, so you can assume that Heidi and Séverine also "just" had the flu. It seems that two of them are on their feet again but Heidi was just starting yesterday to feel a tiny bit better, poor soul. Let's hope that somewhere in next week she will feel all well again.

With all the commotion of doing a ot of stuff and so on I strained a bit my back which isn;t a nice feeling. It handicaps you in moving, specially bending, so this evening I think I will take a special tablet for it I once had from my doctor(that straining or something like it comes back every now and then, but thank God not too often) and probably by tomorrow or the day after I will feel perky again. 

Good that was about all news from this week, next week I think we need to take it a little bit more easy on ourselves, and the week after we have two hospital appointments, Jan for check p or such and me for eye control for the cataract. But.... I am not thinking too much about all that, first let's enjoy the good weather we have, and some of the nice things that also seem to happen once in a while, hahaha.

Wishing you all a wonderful week, stay safe, thanks for visiting!


1 comment:

Edna B said...

I think it's great that the service man could be so helpful to you. I think all new things should come with a service man.

I hope your back is feeling okay. You need to be careful not to hurt yourself. I hope you don't catch the flu from your friends. Just look after you and Jan and be well. Big hugs, Edna B.