Sunday, January 24, 2021

Hard to believe it is really winter here.

 Goodafternoon everybod!

It's just after midday, and I thought it was better to do first this post and then carry on. It really is quite hard to believe that is is winter. At the coast here, we usually have milder climate as a bit more into the country, but I can remember real winters, with snow and ice and slippery roads and streets, wearing even snowboots and with some cold temperatures! Till now we've had here some nights here and there with some very light frost, at daytime we can keep it above the zero C. Like today, there is quite some sunshine, not much wind, temperature around 4-5C I think. Still we sould cross fingers that it stays more or less like this, because I also can remember we've had years that we had about the same and suddenly in March and also April we had winter with cold, snow, frost at night and daytime, all those unpleasant things. So we can only hope that will not happen.

We've had a quite productive week I can say. In general said we treid to do some work every other day. So Jan tackled some windows to clean and wash the curtains, also he dusted a part of the sitting room real good and gave the things that stood on the shelves of the cabinets(all with a lot of dust from the new windows placing). I did mopping of the floors, some hoovering, laundry, ironing, grocerie shopping, also some intensive dusting/cleaning here and there. Doing that every other day, leaves you with some recuperation time and works okay LOL.

We did the "work" mostly in early afternoon, and it is sometimes amazing how much you can achieve in two or three hours. Of course in the morning and afternoon we took the time to take a break, drink some coffee or tea, have a bite, etc. Specially Jan has to do that at the moment, because he is quickly out of breath. With his inhalation medicine it is already much better, but he hasn't much of a condition, also due to his fall last year and recuperation of it, then all together it takes some time for him to get better on his feet. Slowly however it is going better. 

In The Netherlands we are still in severe lockdown, meaning almost all shops and restaurants are closed, also all schools, just supermarkets, and other grocery shops are opened, and a few really necessary shops, but that are only a few. Lots of people work from home as much as possible, and now we also have a curfew, from 21.00 evening to 4.30 morning. For us personally that last thing isnlt a real problem, but for others I can understand it is hard. The infection rates are going down, also hospital and IC admissions, but it is going too slowly, they say. I think these measures (some of them at least) make sens, but I would rather see that they would vaccinate at a much higher speed, because I think that is the best to beat the virus and it's spreading. I must admit that I am kind of ashamed that our country is almost at the lowest place on the list of vaccination! We are a rich country with very good health security, most of the time good in planning etc. but here we seem to fail and I have no idea why! Okay, there is somehow a problem with supply of vaccin( it concerns all workl supply), but still it is uncomprehensible why we vaccinate so slowly. Something somewhere is going terribly wrong. Is it just because the vaccine producing comapnies just cannot produce more than they do or is it due to another cause? Whatever the answer is, it should be solved and quickly too. People are getting tired of more than a year with all kid of restrictions, almost no social life, children are getting behind in learning stuff, lots and lots of small and larger companies have trouble surviving, as well as a lot of artists etc.,despite all financial help from the government, well, everybody knows what I mean, don;t you?

Okay, I rambled a bit now, had to get it off my chest, I suppose. It sometimes is getting to me, and I do hope that around may be June or July we will be able to do all that we did before this Covid-19 took over the life and life conditions!

That said, I must think of something to finish this post a little bit more cheerful LOL. Oh yes, Friday, the 29th Jan will have his birthday. Not that we will do a lot about it, but it is another year on the counter, and like me he will have 68 years. Gosh this year we will be together already for 29 years! That's quite a long time, and looking back it seems as if the years rushed by! I'll see what i can come up with to make his day still a little bit special. I always seem to come up with something, even if it is just a small thing, and i have about a whole week to think about it. I should be able to succeed, don;t you think?

I'll let you know next Sunday, and now it is about time to finally get dressed(yes, I am still in my yammies and dressing gown), hmmmm, probably I will find me a comfy fleece pair of trousers and sweater, hahaha. I am wearing those a lot these days, only when I have to go out for some grocerie shopping I dress properly, easy but still a pair of yeans of other pair of trousers, nice sweater etc. But soon after I got home again I change in my home suit, it is easy, comfy and warm, so why not?

Good time to say goodbye, wishing you all a very good week, and stay safe, in at least wearing a mask, stay at distance of 1,5 mtr, wash regularly your hands, and don;t gather in large groups, even if it is hard at times. We should try to hold on for a bit longer and do that together!

1 comment:

Edna B said...

I have to agree with you about the way the vaccine is being handled. They are very slow here too. Some states are now vaccinating regular residents, we're not even close. It will be nice to see some light at the end of the tunnel. You and Jan are getting a lot done. Together is a nice way to do it.

I think the mild weather you are having is awesome. It is wicked cold here right now. I wear flip flops all the time and it leaves my feet cold. Today I'm going to order me some flip flop socks. In the meantime, I'll wear my regular fuzzy socks. You have a wonderful day my friend, love and hugs, Edna B.