Sunday, March 15, 2020

People have gone a bit crazy!!

Goodafternoon everybody!

Although the weather report announed a rather nice day, I cannot feel it at all!
I just was in the garden to fill the bird feeder and hang out some cunks of apple, but I was glad I could go inside quick after that.
It feels not nice at all, there is a cold wind, we should have some sun, but I cannot see it, so it isn;t as predicted. Porbably the sun will come out around 5 in the afternoon for a moment, and that will be it!

Oh, I had misfortune this week one day. I think it was on Tuesday, when I was out for a little gorcerie shopping. On the way home I suddenly felt a "knick" holding my shopping cart. I looked at it and on side of the handle was broken.
I managed to get home. Gosh, now I had to find a new one, because I m so used to that handy little thing, that I cannot do without it. Hmmmmm, in the neighborhood we didn;t have a shop that sells those things. Best is to go to the market, where you can find one for a decent price.(I know perhaps other places where you can buy one, but those are quite expensive, perhaps of a better quality, but that's not always sure). So the market it was next day. And I found one that will do. It is even of a little bit bigger size, which is okay.
We will see how long this one will last LOL!

I had other plans for that Wednesday, but it was all changed because of that shopping cart buy. See???? Better is not to plan too much ahead. Life comes in between with all kind of things to its will, hahaha.

Friday I had to go to the supermarket for some of the usual things, like some milk, bread, etc. And I couldn;t believe my eyes walking though that supermarket! Lots of things wheren't at the shelves anymore. Completely sold out, like most of the milk, all kind pf the pastas, lots of canned or jarred veggies, I needed a little package of minced meat, looked for it, forget it!! Sold out!
Also toilet paper and kitchen paper where an issue. All because of that corona virus! People really got crazy and started to buy extra stuff. Not just one package extra, no, in bulks! Can you believe that????? And just can anybody tell me why???? I think it is rather selfish too. I can go along with buying a little bit extra, perhaps understandable. But not like this! And how about the people who cannot go shopping during daytime, like e.g. hospital personal, policeman, other people that work in shifts. They too want a bottle of milk for the next day, but when they go grocerie shopping just after dayshift, there aren;t almost any supplies for them left.
And it isn;t necessary to bulk, there are enough supplies and there will be. We are not in a war situation of something like that!
I hope people will get their senses back and act normal again.
That virus isn;t a nice one, that's for sure, and we should take care and follow up instructions of the health organazations and government. But please get real again and think twice!

Good that's off my chest, ROFL!

I am still kind of working on a blanket I started long ago. It will be finished, but in the mean time I was looking on Pinterest and suddenly saw lots of nice blankets, this time chrocheted ones. I fell in love with some of them instantly and now(what else??)I want to start one too with the crochet hook. Not yet decided which one, or with what kind of stitch. May be just one stitch, or may a blanket withlots of stitches(I saw a few and they looked really beautiful).
Perhaps some of you are inspired by the following foto's I borrowed from the web. I will give you some links to, where you can find the pattern(all are free as long as I know) and also a link where you can find lots of different patterns for blankets. May be one of you will make one after looking at the pictures of them?
Let's start with the first one
 http://www.thoselittlethings.nl/2018/03/

==========
https://patterncenter.com/celtic-crochet-afghan/
This one looks not the easiest one to make, but you have to admit it is a beautiful one!
===
Now a link where you can find lots of different ones.
http://www.diyhomedecorz.com/crochet-blanket-patterns/
And if that is not enough, just look at Pinterest, search for afghans or blankets knitted or crocheted and there is enough!
have fun looking around.

That's it for today.
I have an easy job for dinner today, because we will have again the soup I've made yesterday. There is much left, so we will finish it this evening, perhaps with some buttered bread on the side and that should be enough. If we may get a bit hungry later this evening, we always can make a sandwich or so.
Wishing you all a lovely week, hopefully you will all stay healthy and not catch that virus. Just try to take precautions, like washing your hands more often, stay away from bigger crowds, if you have to cough, do it in your arm. Use tissues when blowing your nose. Don't hug the people you normally do. If you dont have to go out, stay home. And please use your senses and don;t over-react!
Till next week.

7 comments:

Sandi said...

"And just can anybody tell me why????"

Fear.

hummerdawn said...

Oh my it is like that here too and all the world over as far as I have read! People are losing their minds. I feel so sorry for people that need supplies NOW especially the seniors. I just turned 78 and so happy I live with my daughter who looks after me and has to deal with these things. I haven't been commenting but I read your blog every week. I have arthritis or something in my left arm that is excruciating painful and hurts to even move it. And it has been such a miserable, changeable winter that it has given me the doldrums along with the S.A.D I have. I am starting to feel better mind wise and back to scrapping a bit more. It is still so very cold here too and I cannot wait for the warm weather to come! Yes, plans are made to be broken it seems. Lol. Like they say, Murphy's Law!
Hope you and Jan are faring well and stay safe and out of the crowds as long as you can.

Snowy said...

I totally agree with you that people a bomb stupid.I actually just wrote something similar on my own blog before I came here. Those blanket patterns are lovely.I hope you will post pictures of your creation as well.
Hugs Snowy

Grandma Sarge said...

Thanks for the links to the places to find patterns etc.. I liked that first one that I thought was a nice hallway runner till you showed the closeup and I saw it was a blanket. I think that one would really nice on the back of a sofa in a color to blend with the sofa. Of course, I just packed up all my knitting and crochet things and large balls of yarn. Oh well, I saved your post so when I resettle in Grand Junction, Colorado I will still have it on my computer.
I'm really scared of that virus. I'm am "self quarantined" because I'm in that "high risk" group. I'm 80, have COPD and Asbestos in my lungs, and my heart has started to thicken because of overwork by the lungs. I live alone so I don't worry about anyone bringing me germs. I have one visitor 3 times a week and she is a caregiver so she is really quite safe I hope. I'll ask her this afternoon when she comes. Meanwhile, I spray my house with a disinfectant and I hand wash my dishes so I'm all soaped up there, and after every bathroom trip which is plenty. I let my little dog out about every 2 hours but she is tiny and is on a lease so she can't get past the grass on the front lawn. Otherwise, I'm on my computer or in my recliner reading books (which I'm behind on my latest series the TeaRoom mysteries. There is a stack of 5 of them on my breakfast nook. I usually read one a day but some days I have to stop and pack another box or two. I'm moving on the 29th of April which is just 6+ weeks away.
Other than this I'm just sitting around because I'm afraid to go out in public until this is all over. I take my temp during the day and check my Oxygen saturation several times a day. I haven't made any scrapbook pages lately because my family and friends are into making strange faces when they post pictures and I really don't want to make a scrapbook page of someone with his/her tongue stuck out or any other sort of nasty face. They think it's funny. Although I'm going to make a page with the pictures of my youngest daughter getting engaged. Her boyfriend on his knee beside the car and she's all surprised. She getting married on the 18th of April.
Hugs from Washington State.
Corrine

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for the blanket links Kyra. There seems to be a lot of people all around the world who have gone crazy bulk buying in the last few weeks. Both you and Jan please take care and stay safe...

Edna B said...

Good afternoon Kyra. Today I went grocery shopping. Oh my, what a surprise! I went with one of the guys in the house, and we went to the market where he shops. Wowsie! Talk about price gouging! A little box of macaroni that I normally pay $1 for was $2.50. Some of the eggs were $3.99, $4.99 and $5.49 a dozen. Cans of fruit regularly $1.00 to $1.49 were $2.49.

I was able to get milk today so that was nice. Some of the markets are now putting limits on how much you can buy of one thing. Kevin and Eddie will both be out of work until things get back to normal. All construction is being stopped by the State. Deanne has to work through it all.

I'll check some of the links you posted. I only like the simple patterns.
Would you like me to send you some of my crochet blanket/afghan patterns?

I think it's nap time for me. You have an awesome week my friend, and be careful. Hugs, Edna B.

Terra said...

You are making beautiful things, I like that blanket you show that is gray and cream. I am isolating at home and my sons are taking turns bringing me groceries. This weekend we sat on the flagstone patio in my front yard, six feet apart, and enjoyed chatting.