Sunday, July 07, 2019

Parakeets like to destroy things LOL!

Goodafternoon everybody!

After a few tropical days here temperatures dropped a lot and now we have days of around 20/21C with some clouds and some sun, yesterday and this morning we even had a little bit of rain.
The drop of temperatures mainly comes because of the wind that blows from wrong direction, something between North/North-West sometimes just West so that doesn;t bring the higher temperatures to us.
Still if you have the sunny moments it is nice to be outside, and even sometimes wearm in our garden. Somewhere next week it might be that temperatures will rise slowly a tiny little bit, well, let's hope so and then hope it will stay steady for a much longer while.

I started the post with the parakeets, hahaha. Well, they are lovely little birds but they really do like to destroy things at times. I guess it is because they are curious and also rather smart. I have little nets hanging on the rosebow, where i put the slices of apple in. I hang them with little strings of binding for plants, you should say it is stronger stuff, but no, they manage now to unwind the little nets and they hold the nets into their claw and then pick out the applet hrough the holes. Ready and done? just let them fall unto the ground, Kyra will pick them up again and fill them and hang them, ROFL.
Last year they also destroyed gradyately the birdseed feader. Okay, it was made of plastic but still! It was meant for the seed for the little birdies but the parakeets liked it too. But this year I was smarter. It is a simple system you can put together, but this year I glwed several parts with quick drying glew and it helped till now. It still is holding and even the sparrow get some seed from it from time to time.

Last Wednesday our women football team had to play the semi-final agains Sweden and guess what??? They did win it. It was a rather difficult match, but with a wonderful goal they won it and now, today they are playing the final. And guess against who??? It will be the United States. WOW! That will be really a difficult match and I really cannot and will not predict who will win it.(But of course I hope they might win it, hey, that is normal).
We will see it happen this afternoon at 17.00 a.m. our time. No idea at what time that will be in the US(and even there you have different timezones.).
Be sure Jan and I will sit on the couch watching the match!
 And even if the girls will loose the match we all will be very proud of them to have reached the final of the World Championships!

Oh, Jan had the ct scan of his heart arteries on Friday, we will see what the outcome will be. I must say they take a long time for it. He is busy with it I think already from March.
Worst of it all was we had to wake up real early in the morning. And I know what happens then the night before. Jan always is going to sleep real late at night, but with such an appointment, so early, I just know he will not of hardly sleep at all. With consequence I will not sleep really well either. So on Friday after he came back(on luck there was, he didn;t have to wait for the appointment, so he was ready in about 15 minutes) he took a cup of coffee and then went to bed to have some sleep. I also didn;t feel all to energetic , so in the afternoon I took a little nap of about half an hour and went to bed a bit earlier in the evening than usual and then had a good sleep.

Oh, I did some designing this week, can you believe it?? The kit isn;t ready yet but perhaps I will finish it this week and offer it next Sunday.
Yes, I suddenly got some inspiration and within no time had some papers done and already a few elements. No, I am not telling you the theme or colors, that will stay a mystery for you till I post it. I know, I am a bit a bad girl(writing this with a little smile on my face, haha!)

Good, time to have a little bite, and I think a cup of tea, may be even I can have that in the garden, it seems to be not so bad at the moment, we have longer moments of sun and we can do with some of the vitamine of the sunlight.
Have a wonderful week, and stay safe.





5 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. I love the stories about the little parakeets. They are definitely smart little birds. Our weather is up and down too. Some days so hot you can't breathe outdoors. Other days nice and cool. I'm glad you are able to sit out in your garden often. Here's hoping Jan's reports come back okay. I'm glad to hear that you are designing again. I've been reading my Photoshop CC book so that I can start working on quick pages again.

Now I'm heading out to the porch with Pogo. You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

p.s. good luck to your team!

hummerdawn said...

I saw the news about your girls on their winning streak. Good luck to them! (I am Canadian so no favourites! Lol) Happy to hear they finally have Jan heart scan done and will be looking for good news. We are having the kind of temps I love. Not too hot or too cool.
It's surprising how something so small can be so destructive. I don't think we give enough thought to just how smart our wild life can be! One squirrel here is busy burying his winter nuts in all our flower pots and making a mess. And no stopping them! Lol.
Wishing you a great new week ahead.

Beth Reed said...

Kyra,
I was so happy to see your comment on my blog. I have missed you! I have come around to check on you too. Not as often as I have wanted to. I had my grandchildren and family for 6 weeks. I was over joyed to be with the kids but they really wore me out hahahaha!

Parakeets are very curious. Apples and pears are just a few of the fruits that they like. I left out raisins, bananas and apples for the ones at my daughters house and there were 3 or 4 that came every morning and they did not leave for very long. They wanted to be close in case my grandson dropped something lol. (But he did have to drop it on the back side of the porch. They don't like the ground.)

I am off to post a small post on my blog and call it a night. It is already late and I am getting tired. Love and Hugs my sweet friend. I am so glad that Jan is over the test and I hope that he gets all good news on his report. Both of you are in my prayers and I am sending some of this wicked heat your way to help warm your bones. I would love some of your cooler days and even nights... (Smile)… Love, Beth xxx

Grandma Sarge said...

I'm having off and on sun here in Washington State also. And I sit on the front steps with our 2 little Chihuahuas and wait for the squirrels come across the Electric wires in the early morning. I'm usually up at 5 am and so are the little squirrels. My dogs don't always see them because they don't make any noise up there on the wires. But now and then the little critter wants to tease my Fur Babies and they just go crazy. Hopefully, the rest of the neighborhood is up and off to work or school (college students all around here).


I'm off tomorrow for a follow-up exam from my Primary Care at the VA Facility about my bent tailbone. And I'm going to ask her for some "antibiotic" for the UTI I've been fighting. Drinking lots of Cranberry Juice and taking a Cranberry capsule has helped a little bit but after 2 weeks, I'm tired of the burning. We will see what she recommends.

I'm sorry about the Soccer teams. I don't follow them and the one on the USA team is a Nasty one even with Purple hair.

Have a good week and Jan is getting better so that's good, Right?

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for the update Kyra. It sounds like the birds have a lot of fun in your garden. Hopefully Jan won't have to wait too long for the results of his test. Try to enjoy the lovely weather when it is there...