Sunday, January 06, 2019

Nearer to be a pensionado this year!

Goodafternoon everybody!

First of all I want to wish everybody a wonderful and happy New Year!

Our New Year's Eve was just quiet but so cozy, we enjoyed some good tv, and at midnight the temperature wasn't too bad so we did go just a step outside our door to watch some of the firework.
And some neighbours wished us a happy New Year, always nice, isn;t it?

The new year's day we, as more or less tradition, watch the new Year's concert from Vienna. it's so nice, not too difficult music, some wonderful views of Vienna and some of the buildings, having our morning/lunch coffee and just being lazy!

we already started this week to put away some of the Christmas decorations. We just left the tree and the manger, because today is the holiday of the 3 Kings, that visited the new born Child.
So tomorrow we will do the rest into the boxes, and all will look as usual again. Also have done a stash of laundry of all the Christmas throws and doilies, plus some usual laundry too.
In a way it is nice to have the room back to "normal", but I also will miss it for a little while. Most of it the little Christmaslights, they give such a warm light and look great. May be  I will hold back a little string of lights and put them e.g. on the wooden shelf at the fireplace. It is kind of a dark place in the evening, so that might be an idea.

And then on Tuesday I will have my birthday, oh boy, I will reach the age of 66! Jan will have his birthday 3 weeks later, and then we will have to hold on for another 4 months and then....... we will have our state pension(with some pension we built up during our working days).

Oh, I can't wait till that day will come.

Weather here is a bit boring, but not too bad. At least we don;t have frost and snow and for that I am already grateful. Still we have some tricky months ahead of us, January, February and March can have very strange weather. Just when it looks that Spring is around the corner suddenly there could be cold, frost and snow. I really hope we will be spared of that! Good thing however is that we are getting longer daylight. I hate it to wake up in the morning and it is still dark. Okay, at the moment it still is darkish around 8 o'clock in the morning, but every week it will be better. I think it gives you more energy when you wake up and it is light and, even better, the sun is shining!

This week I even managed to make a little kit for you. I named it Joie de Vivre (Joy of Living).
Hopefully I will be able to make another one this week. I have some things to do that have priority, some phonecalls to make to city council, tax office and such and fill in some forms. All to do with the upcoming state pension. Pfffff, you know they have all information, but still you have to fill in forms with everything the same things. Frustrating sometimes!

Good, I must look at the washing machine, think the laundry will be ready. Just have to hang it out to dry and in one or two days I will do the ironing and I can put away a lot of things.
Then for the rest of the day I will do not much anymore, LOL.
Our dinner is easy,  yesterday I made us a big pan of soup(with brown beans, potatoes, vegetables and smoked sausage) and there is enough left to have another meal today. Great planning, Kyra!hahahaha.

Have a wonderful day and week ahead.
Download   HERE

8 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. I hope your birthday is a happy day. I wish you sunshine and warm temps. And I hope that getting your pension will help to make your life so much easier.

We've been putting our Christmas decorations away too. As much as I love Christmas, I can't wait for Springtime to get here.

I love the colors in your new kit. Thank you so much. That figurine is just gorgeous! Hmmm, I'll have to see how I can fit her into a quick page.

I'm off now. Got shopping to do! You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

I too watched the New in with 2 doggies curled up with me in the recliner and after the big to-do in New York City I put me and the doggies into the bed. If there was any noise here since we are 3 hours behind NY city, I didn't hear it and neither did the dogs.

This is the type of kit I think I'd use for my brother's wife's picture. She passed away 1 year ago the 3rd and he posted a very nice picture of her and the lovely items will be just right for a scrapbook page for him.

Hugs from Corrine in Washington

hummerdawn said...

Yes things are somewhat back to normal again. We just had a big dump of snow with more on the way. Temperatures up and down like a yoyo. Nice Christmas and quiet New Year. Now I have to get back into some serious scrapbooking! Lol.

Gala said...

Добрый день,Кира! С днем Рождения! Желаю Вам сибирского здоровья,кавказского долголетия,творческих успехов - будьте счастливы! Большое спасибо за все Ваши прекрасные работы!!!

genie said...

Thank you for the beautiful kit and a big Happy Birthday to you and a Happy early Birthday wish for Jan.

fl_connie said...

Hope your birthday was fun! Thanks for all the pretties, too.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Happy 2019 Kyra! thanks for the lovely kit!I, too, finally have all the CHRISTmas decorations down and put back in storage! yes, it is nice to have all the clutter out of the way, but I miss the colorful lights, but don't miss the fur babies trying to wreck them all...LOL! Anyhow, somewhat back to normal I guess, all but the yo-yo weather. Today is rain all day and gloomy looking but the temps are in low 40's, so not too bad. Just need to get my lazy behind in motion again to get some long overdue scrapping done! Glad you and Jan are making it to your retirement age! congrats to both and Happy Birthday to both of you as well...in December I was retired for 5 years, but have been of age for almost 10 years...still getting older and more lazy...LMBO! Enjoy life as it comes! Blessings sent to both! Hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for all the lovely kits and clusters that I downloaded today. It has been a while since I was last on so I had some catching up to do.
I'd like to wish you all a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Kyra, I hope your tummy hasn't been giving you too much pain.
It should be easier for you and Jan when you get the Pension - hopefully not so much paperwork to do...