Saturday, August 08, 2015

So happy with the weather.

Goodmorning everybody!

The idea was to post yesterday, but I changed plans LOL.
It was such nice weather and I went to the market, not all too late, so that it might be not so crowded yet. And I was right. It was perfect weather for it, with sunshine, nice temperature, bit of wind, just lovely. Just the kind of weather I like.
Needed potatoes and onions and I find the potatoes rather expensive at the moment. Oh well, as long they keep well for a long time and taste good, we can overcome the price. Later in the year I suppose it will drop again.
Also bought paprika's, small fresh gherkins, tomatoes, garlic( the fresh one), tangerines, two melons, and two "börek", that is a turkish food, minced meat rolled in puffed pastry.
They make them so tasty at the market, so once in a while we take two with us home when we are there. They will do nice for "dinner"this evening, it is quick, just have to put them in the oven for about 15 minutes, I like them best a bit heated.
May be I'll make a small salad to acompany, from tomatoes, ghirkins and ice-salad. Hmmm, might be a good idea.

If all is right, Heidi will be back from holiday today. It will be nice to see her somewhere next week again, when she has settled down again and has unpacked the suitcases and such.

Oh, forgot to tell that at the market I just couldn;t resist bying 3 packets with dahlia-bulbs!
It was a good offer in price, and as the dahilia's we have are doing ever so well, I thought it might be great to have some more. All are different species, from 45 cm, to 60 and 70 cms height.
I cannot plant them yet, that will have to wait till next spring.
I'll see if I can find a photo on the net from the new dahlia's Just a moment okay?You can asee the selling price on the packcage, but I got now 3 for € 5.00.


My I caught the last one, sooo cute, and then I had to choose two others( sooo difficult) LOL.
Now let's hope they will do well next year!

Probably I will do very relaxed today, I might just go out for a moment to buy some bread, not really necessary today, we'll have enought till Monday, but it is such nice weather and a little walk is always good. Then perhaps a moment in the garden and some tv or may be computer, although to be honest, it is too good a weather for it to stay inside for a long time.
Better take advantage of the sun and good temperatures now that we can, autumn and winter will be here son enough.
I have a freebie for you, clusters from Arlene from the last kit Summer Light.
It also will be time to change again my bloglayout, I am very sloppy the last couple of months!
We'll see if I can manage to do that in the next week or so.

Thanks for your visit, have a lovely weekend and see you next week!
Download    HERE




6 comments:

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for this lovely download. Kyra, I really like the flower colours in the last photo. It is good to hear you are getting out and about and enjoying your lovely weather...

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you Arlene for the lovely clusters. I'm opening up and sorting all the kits I have and getting ready for Windows 10!

I'm glad you are having some nice weather. I'm still waiting for ours to cool down below the 90s! I'll settle for some low 80s and mid 70s. I really hate the heat. I've always enjoyed the winter and it's snow but we only had 4 hours worth of snow last winter and it was melted by 7pm.

Am still unpacking and arranging things in our new house. I think today Grand daughter said she'd try to get my dressers inside from the back shed so I can put my clothes away and get my bedroom looking like a real room.

DawnG said...

Thank you for the share

Stacey said...

thanks to you and Arlene for the beautiful clusters! those dahlia's are so gorgeous. wish they would do well here, but I don't have any luck with them. hopefully next year you can take pictures to share. Enjoy your nice weather!

Edna B said...

Oh my goodness, those dahlias in the last photo are scrumptious!!!!! I just love the colors n them. Hmmm, I'll have to see if we have any like that here and maybe get some for next year. I do hope yours grow well.

These last couple of days have been super nice here too. Today was simply perfect. Now if we could just get it to stay like this all summer, oh my summer would be awesome.

Arlene's clusters are lovely. Very summery. I'm watching Naked And Afraid, so I'll wish you a lovely evening. Hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello my friend, been offline for a few days because of the weather, has been so unbearably HOT that has affected the electricity because of over use by everyone trying to stay cool. Thanks for the lovely kit and thanks to Arlene as well for her part. Trying to play catch up so will chat more next time. Hugs sent to you & Jan! Mat