Wednesday, August 26, 2015

May be a promise will be kept!

Goodmorning everybody!

The good news is that about all has dried well after our big leak, and yesterdaymorning the guy did turn up at our door with a bucket of paint and such. So at least we have that, but he had no time yesterday, he promised us to come tomorrow and do his painting. Okay, let's hope and see.

With all that going on last week I forgot to tell ayou another strange thing that happened.
Somewhere last week Jan was in the extension to look for a tool or so and he called me to cme and help him because there was a ................pigeon there.
During the warm days and also because the room had to dry, weleft open the window and the door to the garden. I suppose the pigeon came in through the door.
It was not easy to grab him but finally Jan managed to get him out. Okay, that can happen.
But two days later I heard a strange noise coming out to me, first thought it were just two pigeons fighting a bit, but then went looking and again a pigeon had entered the extension room.
After a while I managed to get a towel over him and grab him and released him in the garden.
I must say, those two birds didn;t leave a too big mess, amazing.
So now we put in the door again the door with fly-screen, to prevent the birds to come in LOL.

Oh my, August is almost over with, and next week I will have to visit my volunteer coach again.
Then I am sure we will come to an agreement again for doing some volunteer work. To start again will not be easy again( as I am used to free time all the time, hahaha), but it will be a good thing.
The last time I saw hime he suggested I will do the same as before, helping out in classes with language lessons for not natives and I think I still like to do that.

First thing now is the painting, hopefully it will be done this week. Then we  can put back all we moved for now to give the guy some room to work.
And then really hoping we will not have any leak anymore, not this year, not next year .!!
I am completely DONE with that!

Okay, today should be a rather good day, speaking of the weather. Last couple of days we had quite some rain, although temperatures still were not bad at all. We only have a bit too much wind to my liking and there is a chance to some rainshowers. Then all should turn into some more "quiet"weather, but that always can change from day to day at the moment.

Sorry I don't have a freebie for you now, still in very low gear concerning the designing. I did start another kit, but it will take me some time to finish. I am not spending as much time at the computer as before, probably that will come back too later when the weather is getting colder and it will be dark sooner.
For nw I just like it that we don't have to turn on the lights on at 5 in the afternoon already!
And when we wake up, it is light and often the sun is shining and that feels sooooooooooooooo good.

Think I will do a bit of blogreading and perhaps do a few things on the new kit, then get dressed and eat something, then see what mischieve I can come up with hahaha.
Till next time, I suppose it will be somewhere in the weekend.
Have a lovely day!



3 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. I know what you mean about enjoying your free time all the time. If I had to go back to work now, I don't know if I could. Although, the plus side is that it keeps you in the habit of getting out. I am very lazy now, and don't like to go out even though there are all sorts of things out there that I would like to do. Maybe when the temperature gets a bit cooler. We'll see.

It's hard to get back into the swing of designing too. I'm trying to do one freebie a week, and sometimes I have to really scramble to do this. I enjoy it, but like I said before, I'm enjoying not having to do everything on a schedule. Hmmmmm.

Enjoy your quiet time because soon it will be cold and wet and snowy. Gosh, I hope we have a nice long Autumn. And a short Winter. Well, I need to go post on my own blog. You have a super day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Stacey said...

I'm so glad the guy did show up. Hopefully you'll have the room painted soon. Good luck with the volunteering, I hope he has something you will like!

Linda said...

Hello Kyra, Thank you for the update. I hope the man came back to do the painting as promised. I'm sure you will do very well with your volunteer work when you restart it. Enjoy your lovely weather while you can, hopefully it will stay warm for a little while longer, before the cold of Winter sets in...