Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Little update on me, at last!

Goodafternoon everybody!

I thought it was time to let you knw a bit more after more than a week of silence.
Oh, it isn't yet brilliant, but I think every day or two it is improving by a few percente.
I just finished now the antibiotics, and I am free of the nasty couching, at last! Yippee, that is something to celebrate.
It still is a bit of a struggle to eat. But... I take a sandwich in the morning(which is disappearing rather quickly again in comparison with about two weeks ago LOL), then halfway morning a proteine drink, than for lunch a sandwich, or a little fish or an egg, than later afternoon again a proteine drink, and then dinner, still not enormous protions, but already a bit better and a dessert, and again a cup of coffee in the evening. And even sometimes later in the evening another sandwich. So I am trying my best.
And I try to take a walk every day, yesterday I was a brave girl, I walked to the market(about 20 minutes walk), took my time there and walked back, and then was glad to be home again, hahaha.
But I have to do it, because otherwise the proteine drinks are of no use. They are ment to support the building of muscles again and then you will have to move arund.
I think it really will take time to build up my weight again, if only for about 4 kilo's, but we keep working on it.
The worst thing still is, that I am not feeling really hungry at times I do have to eat, and I still have a strange taste. Perhpas that is to blame a bit to the antibiotics, so finished with that now, I hope taste will get back soon too.


Jan's scar of the operation of his umbilical hernia seems to heal okay, but he will have to be careful still for the next 4 weeks at the least. But I am so glad this operation has been fine and till now without complications or whatever.
So with both of us on a slow way of mending, we still have to be gratefull we are capable of meding!
and it;'s a good thing we are heading to the best season, summer, and sunshine and nice tempratures are things that we need now.

Well,  still will have to do a lot of mailing some day, and read back blogs and I am feeling rather selfish, not doing it right now. But I am feeling still rather tired, although I sleep rather well at night and sometimes take a nap of an hour during the day. Okay, that is about all I can tell you for now.
Thanks soooo much to everyone who left comments and mails and all. I did read all the mails, and you are just wonderful people, sending a hug to you all to thank you for yur support.!
I will make it up to you with some freebies, but please, give me some time. I am not feeling up to designing yet. I am already glad that I cookm dinner again and do some smaller shopping walks and I even did vacuum clean the house a few days ago. So slowly I must pick up normal life and get just simply stronger again. I will get there,  of course, just takes time and as we aren't the super youngest anymore it will be a bit harder, perhaps, but the intention and willpower are there Yippee!
Till next update, dear ladies!

5 comments:

Edna B said...

I am so glad to hear that you are beginning to feel so much better. And Jan too. I do hope he takes it real easy so that his surgery will have lots of time to heal.

I have another doctor appointment this afternoon, and I am going to have a serious talk with him. I am too old and tired to go through this every time a new virus goes around. My appetite has disappeared lately. Gee, I wonder why? Although I could stand to lose a few pounds. haha.

Kyra, it is really good to have you back. I've missed you, my friend. You take care, and have a beautiful day. Hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you and I am happy that you are getting well and for your husband to be well also , healing prayer I am sending for you both to be well , and I am also sending some healing hugs too , Nana Kat

Stacey said...

I am so glad you are on the mend! I hope you regain your strength quickly! don't worry about kits for now, that can wait. Hope your hubby recovers quickly as well. what a year it has been so far for you both!

Edna B said...

Take your time. Remember Rome was not built in a day? A dumb thing to say but you need time to heal too. Both of you. We will be here if you need any of us. Sit out on your patio and enjoy your lovely garden. Be well my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for the update on yourself and Jan. It is good to hear you are both healing.
It is also good to hear you have been able to eat more and take short walks.
Don't worry too much about the designing - it is more important that you get better.
I hope you were both able to have a good weekend and I wish you both all the best for a great week ahead...